Clubs tracking Robbo-Now Official, signed for Preston

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

HRG wrote:Any other snippets you can share Brett?
Nothing as of yet, i will let people if i hear anything.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Depending on the size of the fee, I think selling Robbo now made perfect sense, rather than losing him on a free in the summer. Robbo is a good player, but certainly not irreplaceable. Definitely no better than Branno and after a shaky start we've coped without him fine this season. The only issue is the time we have to bring someone in, but I imagine Saah will be the raplacement first choice, with LRT as back up for now until Ling can find someone in the loan market to bring in as cover.

Good luck to Robbo, been a fantastic servant to our club over the years, can't blame him for moving to a bigger club closer to home.
rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

Big blow about Torquay loosing Robbo. Goes down to the fact that we only offer players 1 or 2 year contracts, hence why we end up having to sell because of the idea of loosing them for free looms us.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Have not been on here for ages, seems like a good deal for us if it is 60k. Lets hope he is the only departure and we can use the cash to fund a couple of loans/permanent deals to help keep our form going. :keepie:
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Just come up on the Beeb...

BBC Sport's Matt Slater - "I just spoke Preston North End chairman Peter Ridsdale. He said the club are signing Chris Robertson from Torquay and Graham Cummins from Cork City. Clarke Carlisle's loan deal from Burnley has been terminated and he's gone to Northampton."
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Northampton must be able to field at least four full squads by now with the amount of players they have?
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

BBC Say it's official

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16810401.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
kbgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ashley Yeoman

Post by kbgull »

Its Pretty poor that our own website cant tell us whats happening with the Transfers of our own players, having to confirm theses romours of Robbo leaving on the BBC website!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

kbgull wrote:Its Pretty poor that our own website cant tell us whats happening with the Transfers of our own players, having to confirm theses romours of Robbo leaving on the BBC website!
Hoping there may be addition/s to report and they will do a round up after all business is completed? Hopefully there will be only 1 exit story!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

kbgull wrote:Its Pretty poor that our own website cant tell us whats happening with the Transfers of our own players, having to confirm theses romours of Robbo leaving on the BBC website!
There's a very simple, very good reason for this. There's no internet at Plainmoor today; they've cut the phone lines, the fax machine, and the computers off from the world.

"What do you mean, you sent us an offer for O'Kane? We never got it!"
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

happytorq wrote: There's a very simple, very good reason for this. There's no internet at Plainmoor today; they've cut the phone lines, the fax machine, and the computers off from the world.

"What do you mean, you sent us an offer for O'Kane? We never got it!"
Hope Lingy is ready with his shotgun to pick off any carrier pigeons! :scarf:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Maybe it is because it isn't "official" yet.

It's not on PNE's official website either....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Maybe it is because it isn't "official" yet.

It's not on PNE's official website either....
Its official on the bbc deadline day page for an undisclosed fee, these 3rd party websites all run by the same company are probably all running behind toay I would have thought.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Gutted that we have lost Robbo. Let's hope Lingy has a CB lined up for a permanent or a loan deal. Of course we need to give Saah a chance first to see if he can step up to the challenge. But, I think we need to replace Robbo with another player to be comfortable.

Good luck Robbo!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

We need a centre back brought in anyways. We have Ellis, Saah, Palmer and LRT. When Saah was injured we brought in Alred or what ever his name was. We are one centre back short and i expect to see one come in on loan in the next few days if noone comes in later. Good old loan window.