Clubs tracking Robbo-Now Official, signed for Preston

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Sorry to see Robbo go. Think he has been a solid player for us. However, I hope supporters can give Saah the benefit of the doubt. Before his injury he was playing well and even when he supposedly wasn't, he was nowhere near as bad as some of the stick he was being given.

I would still like to see another defender signed as replacement though and not just a youngster like Aldred but perhaps a more experienced player.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totaly agree hector, Robbo was a solid player for us, better than many thought, he goes with my best wishes I really hope everthing works out well for him.

Think you might however be fighting a losing battle with Saah though, we have some reals morons on the popside would not surpise me if he even gets dogs abuse at the next home game, he was beginning to play well before his injury and i hope he comes back in the same form.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

forevertufc wrote:Totaly agree hector, Robbo was a solid player for us, better than many thought, he goes with my best wishes I really hope everthing works out well for him.

Think you might however be fighting a losing battle with Saah though, we have some reals morons on the popside would not surpise me if he even gets dogs abuse at the next home game, he was beginning to play well before his injury and i hope he comes back in the same form.
I'd agree with you there. Some of our fans are fickle. Some idiots were booing McPhee on Saturday. No matter what you think of him he certainly doesnt deserved to get booed.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Robbo news official on PNE site now
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Fair play to Robbo, a chance to play for a bigger team at a higher level.
He's been great for us and I wish him well for the future. Now it's time for Saah to step up and show us what he's all about.
Up the Gulls!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Indeed, good luck Robbo. Always had his doubters (remember only a few months back some hecklers really got to him, can't remember which game it was though) but as said he's been solid throughout, and stuck with us in that torrid time of 2007.

Thanks, and good luck at PNE. Happy with the rumoured fee aswell, personally.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Massive thanks to Robbo for his service with Torquay. I wish him all the best at Preston and hope we will see him back at Plainmoor next season :~D . Saah must be given a chance again now, he can fit straight in and no momentum need be lost. If memory serves me right he started the game away at Crewe where we were amazing and won 3-0 and Ellis was on the bench so Saah can be trusted and can fill the gap and make the place his own again.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Goods luck to Robbo. He served us well and now we enter a new phase without him. Our defence will be shored up and we will carry on.
Now we as supporters need to get behind the team more than ever. We are on an amazing run. We need to make sure with our fans right behind the team roaring them on and backing to the hilt. We need to make so much noise they can here us in Brixham let along St Marychurch.
Come on lads let's all band together as a band of brothers and stick together. Let's not get divisions among us. Let the lads on yellow know we are one with them.

And Finaly, can someone open the transfer window just a little Bit. Trojans fingures were caught in the window when it was shut and he says it hurts.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Robbo did a good job for us so the very best of luck to him at PNE. Thanks mate :-D
Oblivion!!!!
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Can't say I am too worried by his departure, he did a good job for us and I wish him luck at PNE. What does worry me is that it appears Ling does not wish to replace him unless we have an injury, stating that he has leadbitter, LRT and Palmer who have all played at center back as cover. Palmer for me is not ready, Leadbitter at best is full back, but appears to be very injury prone(and is never a CB in a month of sundays). This leaves LRT as cover? Dosen't strike me that they have the confidence that we will sustain the position we are currently in.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Mav wrote:Can't say I am too worried by his departure, he did a good job for us and I wish him luck at PNE. What does worry me is that it appears Ling does not wish to replace him unless we have an injury, stating that he has leadbitter, LRT and Palmer who have all played at center back as cover. Palmer for me is not ready, Leadbitter at best is full back, but appears to be very injury prone(and is never a CB in a month of sundays). This leaves LRT as cover? Dosen't strike me that they have the confidence that we will sustain the position we are currently in.
I think its similar to the situation we had earlier in the season when Saah got injured. We have too competent/good centre halfs in Saah and Ellis who will be the regular starters and if one gets injured for a long period 3 weeks+ then we'll look to get a loan in. LRT/Palmer/Leadbitter would be ok if its only for one or two games quick fix not a lot of games during the season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No dead right - Leadbitter at centre half? give me a break. LRT or Palmer are not adequate cover either. Given that its debatable that Saah is an adequate replacement for Robbo we only need an injury to Ellis and we are stuffed.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Suspect a loan to come in soon for this position. Saah is probably on a lot of money compared to others at the club so time for him to step up. Ling has faith in him so may be we also should.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Most people didn't rate Danny and thought Ling was out of his mind to keep him at the start of the season. Look at him now - he is a mainstay of the team.
If Ling thinks Saah can come good then let's trust him that he will step up.

Ling deserves our respect for what he has done in a short space of time, so the least we can do is trust him to get this right. Saah and Ellis, with Lathrope offering the defensive support doesn't look weaker on paper, and Saah came with high recommendation.

Let's get behind Saah instead of booing him and see if it all works out. I am sure Ling knows what he is doing.

ILWT!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Can someone please tell me why we have to keep selling players and then hiding the transfer fee?. For goodness sake. What in earth has either club got to hide? We all knew that Robbo was highly likely to go. We knew his contract was up in the summer and non of us was expecting a big fee so he probably went fairly cheaply. So why not let us see what the fee was. After all, it is bond to come out in the end.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843