Clubs tracking Robbo-Now Official, signed for Preston

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Clubs tracking Robbo-Now Official, signed for Preston

Post by hector »

Sky are suggesting that clubs are tracking Robertson because of his contract expiring this year. Not sure how to post link from an iPad.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11750/7457868/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

It's here ...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7457868/

I've always thought that the club are in a pretty vulnerable situation with regards to Robbo as unlike Ellis and Lathrope who are also both out of contract in the summer - he is over 24 and therefore can go for nothing at the end of his contract.

If any club were to put in any sort of "sensible" bid at this stage it would certainly test the clubs resolve as they know they will get nothing for him in just a few months time and of course they do have Brian Saah as back up. That said, Robbo being Robbo, I can see him sticking it out with us and weighing up his options in the summer as any interested club that might be prepared to pay money to us now might also be prepared to pay more to him in wages in the summer - in lieu of "our" transfer fee!

I know Martin Ling suggested that initial talks had gone well with Robbo, Mark Ellis and Damon Lathrope recently but personally i would be very surprised if all three agree terms now - realistically I would expect one or two to move on.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Clubs are tracking players everyday, so i dont see the issue of people keeping a track on Robbo. Every player in our squad will be watched or tracked by someone at some point.

We all know Lings in talks with Robbo, Ellis and Lathrope. If any of them descide they want to go, thats football. Would be a shame but thats how it goes. Im confident they will all sign new deals. It helps were doing so well.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I've heard McPhee is being watched by a Russian circus, they need a guy who does nothing well.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

cambgull wrote:I've heard McPhee is being watched by a Russian circus, they need a guy who does nothing well.
They could get Buckle to scout for them.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Now on the BBC and it seems we are actively in discussions with Robbo and other clubs who hope to sign him before the window shuts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16741415.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unless there is a significant offer I believe we should hang on to him
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

For those that not heard the whispers apparently cheltenham have offered him 600/week more. Also yeovil meant to be interested. Tbh suprised not up already as was lots of speculation today
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

600/week, that's going to put him on at least £1600, which is about what we pay our captain. No way Chelts will pay a new recruit that kind of money, that would put their senior men on well over £100,000/year. They can't be that far ahead of us in terms of budget.
My guess is that we have the funds available to make Robbo a sufficiently improved offer to keep him here. He is an excellent defender and would do well to sign the contract here then assess his options in the summer. He'll feel a right **** if he goes to Chelts and they fall apart with us taking their automatic place.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Swindon and Brizzle City after him apparently.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Ferrari lets hope your right. Just out of interest if we cant would people cut our losses and take a small fee or hang on to him until end of season and let him go free for me it depends who we lost him to. Anyone in our league I would hold on otherwise you are weakening us and strengthening them at once. Robbo been here long enough to keep fighting for his friends/team-mates never mind the club
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

According to wispers up at the ground yesterday our club turned down a bid of £500,000 and a player for Eunan O'Kane, from Reading, some of these wispers are really quite laughable, no way in this world our club would have turned down a bid of that level.

Cheltenham may well be interested in Robbo, again i dont not believe for one minute they can or even would pay that kind of money, in answer to your question Yidlad, it all depends how contract talks are going, if they progressing well and are near to conclusion Chris Robertson will be going no where, if he is stalling then yes, the club will have little choice because of his age but to accept a fee and let him go.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You will have to help me with the above post Yidlad.
Formerly known as forevertufc
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Using mobile thought had stopped clearly not. Damn thing lol will delete. Above rumour I heard from a source not connected to tqy has so appears to have some substance
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Seems I cant can a mod please do so