one hour!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

the_shredder wrote:Maybe it's just me, but a defender scoring a few goals wouldn't exactly get me excited if i was a manager. I'd want a defender that has a good record for defending. Scoring goals could be at the expense of conceding them, from a defenders point of view...

I don't think Ellis will be getting bids based on that. He still has some sloppy mistakes in his defence game so i don't think he's ready to move upwards just yet.

Don't let Yellow see that ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

If I were Lingy I would set a dealine of my own. How can any other team realisticaly expect us to sell one of our best players with no decent chance of signing a replacement.
Some other team coming in at the last minute gives us no chance to getting anyone who is anywhere near as good a replacement as one we may lose.. I would say to other teams "Sorry. If you want to sign my nest player you have untill 48 hours before the deadline so I can replace him".
There. Now that I have put up a contentious issue. Let's see what cats have been let out of the bag. duck for incoming!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Glostergull wrote:If I were Lingy I would set a dealine of my own. How can any other team realisticaly expect us to sell one of our best players with no decent chance of signing a replacement.
Some other team coming in at the last minute gives us no chance to getting anyone who is anywhere near as good a replacement as one we may lose.. I would say to other teams "Sorry. If you want to sign my nest player you have untill 48 hours before the deadline so I can replace him".
There. Now that I have put up a contentious issue. Let's see what cats have been let out of the bag. duck for incoming!
I honestly believe this will not happen, as said above those clubs with money to spend in January do not tend to wait untill the last 48 hrs to secure there top targets, it is far to big a risk for them, clubs who are prepared to spend in January tend to come in early.

The clubs that come in during the last 48 hrs are the type that do not have the money to spend and will have a cheeky punt in the hope that a club is desperate to sell, I am in no doubt as we have seen in the past that our club will receive some cheeky offers, and as in the past , I am in no doubt they will be rejected, as Martin Ling has said a few times our club is not desperate to sell.

To be honest, I will be shocked if a club came in with a big money offer that our club could not refuse now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I am not sure thats really the case. I think some of the time it could be the ebay syndrome.
If you really want something, then you watch avidly in the hope that competition doesn't push the price up too far in advance and then come in with a bid at the last minute.
I don't think there are many teams in any of the leagues that can say they have soo much money that they can spend it willy nilly.
Most clubs want to save what they can and there are a few who although they have a money don't care about the selling club and will always try to get it on the cheap. it's the ebay syndrome. wait untill the last 20 seconds and put in what you are prepared to bid. That is, you only go to the price you think it's worth or cheaper and no one else gets to get a counter bid back in before the deadline. You get what you want at the price you want because you don't want to pay more even if you can afford it. I have lot's of customers who try that. And offer a stupid low price because they think they can get away with it. I had a guy who offered me money for a ship I have in stock way below what I paid for it. It's not that it's only worth it. It's not that he hasn't the money as he has a 90k new car. he just wants to get something for nothing cos it gives him a thrill.. he didn't get the boat. Fortunatly I also have enough who are fair. We have seen enough of that sort of thing at United before and lost players to clubs who think they can get what they want and have one over on us.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I get what your saying Glostergull and agree, however Torquay united own Eunan's player registration, our manager has made it quite clear he is not looking to sell it, so in this case the Ebay syndrome does not apply, nor does a customer trying buy something nothing apply, because the product is not for sale.

Of course,that said, this is football and every club has it's price. all I am saying is if any club was to come along and think oh I will pop down to Torquay and just take Eunan O'Kane for a cheeky £100,000 they are not going to get him. this current board have shown in past with players and our former manager that they are prepared to put a valuation on the services of our playing assets and if you dont meet it , you dont get it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

what time does it close tomorrow, is it midnight or sometime earlier?

anyway theres still no news and its after midday on the penultimate day!! fingers crossed so tightly!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

not got sky so cant rely on their up to the moment news, the OS definately wont be the first place to hear about and ins and outs so i guess its just a matter of checking the internet every few mins to see if eunan has been bought?!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just read that liverpool wont be buying or selling anyone this window, so thats one we dont have to worry about, altho maybe carroll could get his confidence back with a spell in the basement!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

found this, altho i suspect its old news to all you young uns?? the site, not the nathan craig news

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/11779" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the league two page here, to keep an eye on our rivals deals

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/11749" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

tubbs to bournemouth, didnt think crawley would be selling?
still keeping the faith
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

bixieupnorth wrote:tubbs to bournemouth, didnt think crawley would be selling?
Would of been sold for silly money. I believe the fee is at least 500K if not more.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Glostergull wrote: How can any other team realisticaly expect us to sell one of our best players with no decent chance of signing a replacement.
Gloster mate, if we get stupid money for any player we will take it BUT it`s not all over at that point, Lingy has stated he will dabble in the loan market to replace anyone we sell, that market starts pretty much straight after the jan window closes! Don`t panic! Have faith in the Gaffer, he hasn`t let anyone down yet!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Grecians foul up:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -irks-boss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

AlexGulls wrote: Would of been sold for silly money. I believe the fee is at least 500K if not more.
£800,000. Annoys me when clubs like B'mouth spend that sort of cash when what they had people holding buckets 'save the club' 18months or so ago.