The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Although I bet if you wanted to bet £10k on Norwich to win the Premiership they'd bite your hand off, so there must be a line somewhere.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

fiver on
schalke
ajaccio
st etienne

two quid
sunderland
swansea
southend
Borussia Mönchengladbach

good luck to all you gamblers out there, hope everyone enjoys their day!

for the record i fancy, but havent backed, both middlesboro and barnsley to win today, the set of bastards!!
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Don't fancy betting on foreign games, so I'm not doing one today as half the games are off.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

£60 up since sunday, got a 5/6, 3/4 and 2/3 too, which would have pushed me into £100s of profit!!

keepin it small stakes today
man u liverpool BTTS (already started and up!)
charlton
wednesday
swans norwich BTTS
brescia
hannover 96
spurs newcastle BTTS
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

here we go again, dodgy weekend for once, didnt win a single bet large or small, some very unpredictable results, last night too

todays a different day tho, had one single on olimpiakos thats in already

tonight i fancy apoel at over 7s to surprise an ordinary lyons side, double with braga

in 4th div several aways are taking my eye
us
barnet
accrington
wimbledon
hereford
port vale

i think these games look very winnable for the away side and would make a fantastic acc for sure, even with them all to have a goal start pays about 19/1!!

i can also see the gas and crawley winning

will be doing some combinations of those

bets on torquay, win 12/5, -1 6/1, -2 14/1, stevens anytime goal scorer 3/1, and 0-3 with ellis, okane, stevens, tai and rene all to score at anytime (obviously they cant all score, but i'm sure the gamblers amongst you understand)

also couple quid on our standard away score 1-2 at 11/1

other leagues look extremely difficult to predict, so prob do a few BTTS trebles and see what happens

house to myself, so will stream barca whilst listening to gulls and leeds games!
good luck everyone
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

We are 3/1 in places to win tonight which it quite insane really given we are the form team and have won every game this year. Cheltenham ARE top but only 3 points clear of us and their form of late has been iffy. I would have thought we would be around the eight to five mark or something like that under 2's.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:here we go again, dodgy weekend for once, didnt win a single bet large or small, some very unpredictable results, last night too

todays a different day tho, had one single on olimpiakos thats in already

tonight i fancy apoel at over 7s to surprise an ordinary lyons side, double with braga

in 4th div several aways are taking my eye
us
barnet
accrington
wimbledon
hereford
port vale

i think these games look very winnable for the away side and would make a fantastic acc for sure, even with them all to have a goal start pays about 19/1!!

i can also see the gas and crawley winning

will be doing some combinations of those

bets on torquay, win 12/5, -1 6/1, -2 14/1, stevens anytime goal scorer 3/1, and 0-3 with ellis, okane, stevens, tai and rene all to score at anytime (obviously they cant all score, but i'm sure the gamblers amongst you understand)

also couple quid on our standard away score 1-2 at 11/1

other leagues look extremely difficult to predict, so prob do a few BTTS trebles and see what happens

house to myself, so will stream barca whilst listening to gulls and leeds games!
good luck everyone

:@

having a few quid on barnsley bix?? 8/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

never again mate, too tough to call at best of times!

can't wait for tonight's game!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:never again mate, too tough to call at best of times!

can't wait for tonight's game!
wuss.

fancy them to win 2-1 tonight...........might have 10p on them and andy gray to score (again)........ 8/

barnsley 7/2?? burnley 4/5??? uhmmm...........andy gray 5/2 anytime....sounds better!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

I've put £10 on Macclesfield to draw at Morecambe.

And a couple of accumulators:

Barcelona, Lyon, Brighton, Cardiff, Leeds, Bournemouth, Carlisle, Rochdale, Oxford.

Draws in Morecambe, Bristol City and West Ham games.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

best price of 12/1 for the title this morning, great value even considering swindons games in hand and similar form to us

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... two/winner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a shade over evens for promotion, who'd have thought that?? bookies not often wrong so fingers crossed that they are right with this!!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... /promotion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and just for brucie, no bookies is offering a price for us to get relegated!!
still keeping the faith
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We won't win the league, I don't think we'll be in the top 3 myself but that's not to say it's out of the question.

I'm convinced Swindon and Crawley will be 1 and 2 in whatever order then there will be a 4 team scrap for 3rd of which we are a part of. My gut feeling is telling me Shrewsbury will get 3rd. Leaving us, Cheltenham, Southend and Oxford for me in the playoffs.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

probably true, we've got to go to both swindon and crawley, and have the saturday-tuesday thing all thru march so its a very hard ask

swindons remaining games are particularly tough and theyve got the wembley trip to think off, but they do have a vast squad!

hopefully crawley will get a draw on saturday and then win the replay, giving them a big distraction and a few more games in hand to play too
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Looking at;

Leeds
Forest
Southampton
Wednesday
Hartlepool
MK Dons
Sheff Utd
Accrington
Swindon
Southend

for a 10-fold tomorrow..
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Ive got a twelve-fold tommorow:
Crystal Palace
Leeds
Southampton
Leyton Orient
MK Dons
Charlton
Accrington
Swindon
Southend
Fleetwood
Luton
Wrexham

£1 returns £445.45 though if Southend and Swindon cost me my bet and we win I'd happily be glad to lose the bet!