The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I don't follow. :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Your dad worked his balls off for his entire life, whilst the Royals enjoyed their relaxing lifestyle with a few trips abroad to shake hands with some African children etc.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I understand now Luke. Yes, I thought physical exercise was supposed to make you healthier too! :lol:

The Royal Family have no right to be given a privileged life just because they were born. Some say they 'work' for their income but even then they have been 'given' a job without any interview or application. Because they were born.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

they're all out of work as of today, expecting a wild ride this week, players being signed left, right and centre!! lets have it!!

btw, first look at ante post prices today in betfred, us and argyle 33s and exeter 25s, pompey favorites, closely followed by chestefield
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

here we go again SG, its hardly encouraging gambling mate, its a part of the thread i wanted starting, i'd rather you deleted that part and left the thread alone please
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Hilarious how the coupon for opening day fixtures is already out in laddies especially given that loads of teams (such as us) have yet to assemble and finalise their squads. There must be some money to be made from backing so called smaller clubs against the bigger ones lower down the divisions. I won't make any though, I never do. :)
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Torquay 40/1 on Ladbrokes to win the title. Got to be worth an EW at 10/1?

I want to put on a Goliath for next season, teams to go up down, win the FA Cup, Champions league etc. The problem is I can only seem to singles and doubles when I try to bet via Ladbrokes or Skybet. Does anyone know of another site I can use where I can place this bet like now? I don't really want to wait as the odds will no doubt shorten.

Thanks in advance to any that can help.

COYY
TUST No 278
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm not sure where you could go to get a bet like that on Chardie. Try Bet365 or Paddy Power, if you can't get it on with those 2 then I'm struggling as to what to suggest without you ringing the bookies customer services direct.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

chardie wrote:Torquay 40/1 on Ladbrokes to win the title. Got to be worth an EW at 10/1?

I want to put on a Goliath for next season, teams to go up down, win the FA Cup, Champions league etc. The problem is I can only seem to singles and doubles when I try to bet via Ladbrokes or Skybet. Does anyone know of another site I can use where I can place this bet like now? I don't really want to wait as the odds will no doubt shorten.

Thanks in advance to any that can help.

COYY
you probably can't do a goliath when you have two results in the same 'competition' - i'm thinking of up/down on the same division. It's called a related contingency - the theory is that assuming Team A goes up, then the chances of Team B going down are reduced. So the odds don't work out to what you'd expect. (this is what first scorer/correct goalscorer bets have weird odds. Same applies to top scorer/WC winner.)

Also, 'teams to go up/go down' - those are special bets, because you're not backing the team to win it. in theory a team could finish 7th in league 2 and still go up, which gives the bookies headaches.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yeah, what he said................ :na: :lol:
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by chardie »

Thanks Andy, I've just tried those two and the same thing. I've already sent an email to Ladbrokes to see if they can help. If they can't I'll try calling customer services of one of them.

I don't really see why there is a problem, surely a bet is a bet?

Skybet odds are really poor BTW
TUST No 278
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by chardie »

Thanks Happytorq for clearing that up.......It makes sense, sort of, I think! 8-]
TUST No 278
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by chardie »

I've tried to bet on a winner of each division so avoiding the related contingency thingy but I'm still not able to get anything better than a double. Looks like I'll need to call Customer services. I'll probably try Ladbrokes as their odds look the best.

Don't know why I'm bothering really, I never win lol!!
TUST No 278
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

chardie wrote:I've tried to bet on a winner of each division so avoiding the related contingency thingy but I'm still not able to get anything better than a double. Looks like I'll need to call Customer services. I'll probably try Ladbrokes as their odds look the best.

Don't know why I'm bothering really, I never win lol!!
That's weird, actually. They usually love those bets, and you're right, those won't be related. Are you in the Bay area? I could send you to a bookie with the best guy for helping you with football bets.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by chardie »

Thanks for the info Happytorq, in the end I phoned Ladbrokes and they were helpful, but weren't able to combine Champions league and FA cup bets with bets for promotion relegation etc. (Computer says no..)

What started off as a Goliath ended up as a Heinz

Here it is if you want a larf.

Chelsea Premiership Winners 11/5
West Ham Top Ten Finish 13/8
Nottingham Forest Promotion 7/2
Yeovil Relegation 10/11
Wolves Promotion 6/5
Torquay Promotion 10/1 :scarf:

Should have probably just gone outside and thrown a load of money down the drain! :lol:

COYY!!
TUST No 278