The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Looks good apart from the last one Chardie. :lol:

I'm asking my bookies for some odds on Charlie Austin playing for England one day. I really rate this lad and given England have no out and out goalscorers then I reckon if he can have a good season or two in the Prem then he may get a call up.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Ever the optimist me!!

Odds on Charlie Austin might have drifted a bit...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23238595

Hopefully it's nothing serious, he seems like a real prospect.
TUST No 278
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Maybe England should take a look at Gary Hooper too.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Germany ladies were 1/7 last night to beat Holland but drew 0-0 and cost me my acca. The previous night Sweden were favourites against Denmark but drew after missing TWO effing penalties and costing my my acca. Who said ladies football was any good? They play like they're in childbirth most of the bleedin' time! :O =D
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Germany ladies were 1/7 last night to beat Holland but drew 0-0 and cost me my acca. The previous night Sweden were favourites against Denmark but drew after missing TWO effing penalties and costing my my acca. Who said ladies football was any good? They play like they're in childbirth most of the bleedin' time! :O =D
You're an idiot :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Again happy, i'm not a sexist. Like another rant I had against another team for losing me my bet, it wasn't meant but I was angry at losing so I sounded off. Like the womens footy, I think they are all very competent players and extremely technically good just that yesterday I didn't think so. =D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

A fool and his money are easily parted I believe the saying goes................ :clown: :clown:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

£3 on Forest, Preston and Cheltenham all to get promoted. Hmmm.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Can somebody explain what this all means if I wanted to put a bet on Torquay in this form?
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... /handicaps

Confused is the word!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Richinns wrote:Can somebody explain what this all means if I wanted to put a bet on Torquay in this form?
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... /handicaps

Confused is the word!
That link, I think, is a list of different handicap bets (explained below)

Handicap League Betting
Handicap league betting spans the whole season of a competition. The team judged to be the favourite to win the league starts with a handicap of 0 or Scratch (scr). Every other team in the league is given virtual head starts over them with an equivalent handicap points score (+4, +7, +10, +14 etc.) The "weaker" the team is deemed, the greater handicap they go on to receive.

At the end of the season, all the teams' handicap scores are added to their actual points total - NOT just to the individual team selected. The team with the most points is then deemed the winner of the market. Each-way places are then determined by the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd etc. Dead heat rules will apply if more than one team ties for a place..
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

hector wrote: That link, I think, is a list of different handicap bets (explained below)

Handicap League Betting
Handicap league betting spans the whole season of a competition. The team judged to be the favourite to win the league starts with a handicap of 0 or Scratch (scr). Every other team in the league is given virtual head starts over them with an equivalent handicap points score (+4, +7, +10, +14 etc.) The "weaker" the team is deemed, the greater handicap they go on to receive.

At the end of the season, all the teams' handicap scores are added to their actual points total - NOT just to the individual team selected. The team with the most points is then deemed the winner of the market. Each-way places are then determined by the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd etc. Dead heat rules will apply if more than one team ties for a place..
Thank hector

So what odds do we get with the handicap included? Might be worth a little flutter if they are not too bad!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

Usually, every team will be 18/1. The fair price is 23/1 but you can still find some value sometimes, such as Yeovil +28 last season. If you want to back Torquay for the craic, this is a good market because I don't think we'll go up but we could exceed our lowly expectations.

In other news, I think Chesterfield have signed well this summer, adding League One standard players to an already solid team. I've backed them to win the league and Eoin Doyle top scorer (seperate bets). Benyon is 150/1.. a good price if we see his 2010 form.

Also backed Derby and Bradford to get promoted.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Chesterfield is a big call to win the League in my opinion - Fleetwood are there in my opinion.
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

Fleetwood have a quality squad but they were pony after they sacked Mellon. I just think the board might sabotage another campaign with a rash sacking.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ChineseGull wrote:Usually, every team will be 18/1. The fair price is 23/1 but you can still find some value sometimes, such as Yeovil +28 last season. If you want to back Torquay for the craic, this is a good market because I don't think we'll go up but we could exceed our lowly expectations.

In other news, I think Chesterfield have signed well this summer, adding League One standard players to an already solid team. I've backed them to win the league and Eoin Doyle top scorer (seperate bets). Benyon is 150/1.. a good price if we see his 2010 form.

Also backed Derby and Bradford to get promoted.

you obviously like giving money away then -(you can join bixies and austrianandygulls gang)....... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468