Morecambe v Torquay United - League Two - 21/1/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Martin Ling's yellowarmy, Martin Ling's yellowarmy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Glostergull runs round the shop like a demented parrot cheering at the top of his voice glad that only staff were visible before he realised there could be customers present. Fortunatly not.
Oh happy days. When Torquay takes my blues and yellows) away.
Morecambe. Dagggers. Rovers. City, Plymuff, Mr McGoo. Jose Morinhio. Alex Ferguson. Margeret Thatcher. Arnold Swartzaneggar. Barac Obama. Moa Tse Tung. Horse. Trojan. Do you hear me. Torquay are 6th. Playoffs here we come.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

Another great win!! :)

Gargs out of the drop zone and our next two games are against the two teams in the relegation zone both at home!

12 games 9 wins 2 draws 1 loss. Could be another 2 wins. As neither team can really win at the moment.

We are a force to be reckoned with!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Argyle score in stoppage time! Finished 1-1 and their out of the relegation zone! :@

Anyway I don't really care, what a result today and were up to 6th! Happy Days! :)

Edit: I can't believe Wimbledon. Losing 3-1 at 62 mins and end up winning 4-3! Done us a great favour there!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Another fantastic win, we just keep turning them out. 2 home games coming up this week, that's a huge opportunity for us to keep the run going.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I'm not gay and Mark Ellis isn't a looker, but I think I love him
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

SDYellow wrote:Another great win!! :)

Gargs out of the drop zone and our next two games are against the two teams in the relegation zone both at home!

12 games 9 wins 2 draws 1 loss. Could be another 2 wins. As neither team can really win at the moment.

We are a force to be reckoned with!

So guaranteed then we'll lose both matches then!!!

Brilliant result again by the lads. I'm so glad Martin Ling has proved me wrong. MARTIN LING'S YELLOW ARMY!!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Argyle score in stoppage time! Finished 1-1 and their out of the relegation zone! :@

Anyway I don't really care, what a result today and were up to 6th! Happy Days! :)

Edit: I can't believe Wimbledon. Losing 3-1 at 62 mins and end up winning 4-3! Done us a great favour there!
Little worse than that even,,, Gills winning 3-1 in 72 min lol
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Smashing result, shame I didn't make the trip. Another tough away trip dispatched, and another game where we had to grind it out at the end - something we were very unable to do under PB.

The table makes good reading at the moment, and we have a great opportunity in our own hands this week to make it look even better, We simply must take advantage of facing the bottom two to keep this momentum going.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Great opportunity to put some distance between us and our rivals in the next 2 home games, especially as next Saturday sees Accrington v Gillingham and Burton v Oxford..

Oxford drawing and Gillingham losing today is a real bonus.

Sidenote stat...
AFC Wimbledon's comeback looks impressive but my (previous) local team Guiseley AFC in the BSN won 4-3 after being 3-0 down at half time and until 77 mins!
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

exilegull wrote:Great opportunity to put some distance between us and our rivals in the next 2 home games, especially as next Saturday sees Accrington v Gillingham and Burton v Oxford..

Oxford drawing and Gillingham losing today is a real bonus.

Sidenote stat...
AFC Wimbledon's comeback looks impressive but my (previous) local team Guiseley AFC in the BSN won 4-3 after being 3-0 down at half time and until 77 mins!
They're kind of my local team too!!
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Gazzableedsgull - I'm from the Cookridge area of Leeds. Strictly speaking Farsley are my local team and it was very surreal actually going to Throstle Nest to watch the gulls play there a couple of years back. Apart from those couple of years, Guiseley have always been the pre-eminent non-league club in Leeds
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

exilegull wrote:Gazzableedsgull - I'm from the Cookridge area of Leeds. Strictly speaking Farsley are my local team and it was very surreal actually going to Throstle Nest to watch the gulls play there a couple of years back. Apart from those couple of years, Guiseley have always been the pre-eminent non-league club in Leeds
i'm over Seacroft way but worked in Pudsey a couple of years back so used to watch Guiseley after work, not been in about a year though.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Jeff wrote:Smashing result, shame I didn't make the trip. Another tough away trip dispatched, and another game where we had to grind it out at the end - something we were very unable to do under PB.

The table makes good reading at the moment, and we have a great opportunity in our own hands this week to make it look even better, We simply must take advantage of facing the bottom two to keep this momentum going.

100% correct! Playing teams down the bottom can always be tough games, we can't go into those games thinking it will be a walk over (I don't think we will because Ling will get that into the players heads) because it won't. However I will be very confident going into those matches coming up. I also hope that our attendance will be up against Dag & Red (even though it's a night game) and Northampton.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Been following Torquay since 83 and I have to say I think this is the most suprising season I have known. To say we are punching above our weight is an understatement. Credit has to go to Ling, he has been the manager to get the best out of Stevens, Taiwo along with Howe and Bobby.