Morecambe v Torquay United - League Two - 21/1/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Morecambe v Torquay United - League Two - 21/1/12

Post by bixieupnorth »

thought i'd start the thread seeing as its only 2 1/4 hrs to kick off and theres no sign of anyone else starting one!! first time for everything!!

i wouldnt know where to begin with the stats section but i believe we're at full strength at long last, tai v rene, who will win out??
will sah remain on the bench or will mr ling disrupt what has proven to be a very successful defensive partnership??

so morecambe has always proved to be a tough place for us to visit over the few years we have played them

the bookies make the shrimps narrow favourites but we are being tipped to win on a lot of the betting sites yesterday and today

i'd happily take a draw but have a feeling that our current super run will continue and i'm gonna go for a 0-2 win, with danny and rene scoring the goals this afternoon!!

yellow army!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Cheers Bix. Iwas gonna go this morning but looked out the window and thought forget it. Just can't be arsed to brave 70mph gusts and drive the 3 hours to the misery of the lancashire seaside. Besides i needed to back home for at least 7.30 as i've got something on. (No - not a pair of knickers!). I went last season anyway which was a carbon copy of today weather wise. We were mugged. I think we will come unstuck today as we don't seem to like playing on cold, blustery north west days but i'm hopeful we can dig in and get a draw.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'm not going today either - nursing a small hangover and quite frankly can't be bothered. Not meant in apathy towards the gulls, as I was quite upbeat after last weekend, but more because the journey there is hell. Literally one road in, and you queue all the way through Lancaster. And the town is grim - Teignmouth after a nuclear fall-out.

Not sure how today's game will go. After a great start Morecambe have stuttered a bit of late, seem to be struggling to get their forwards scoring. As ever with away games, I'd say I'd take a point right now.

Oh, and definitely Atieno to start ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yeah i'm pretty much the same Jeff. No apathy towards the Gulls as i would have loved to see them play today but all things considered i just can't be arsed. One of my pet hates IS the North West and whenever we play there i have to consider seriously if i want to make the trip. It's not a million miles from me but the North West is just so depressing and i hate the M62 / M60/1 / M6 northbound also. I think last season put me off when it was a rotten day and i went on Morecambe beach for a stroll and it was like being in a hurricane! I wasn't impressed by the ground, the facilities or the prices either so it didn't make me wnat to return in a hurry. It seems that whenever we play the likes of Accy and Morecambe its always a shite day and in winter.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

No team news yet, but I have a feeling Rene will start the match. Whether Atieno plays or sits on the bench will depend on the formation Martin Ling puts out, but I've a feeling this will be the same as at Macclesfield, so, a straight swap. With the defence playing pretty well, Brian Saah will probably remain on the bench too. Of course, there may well be changes made during the game.

I'd be happy with a draw, given the weather and the wind, though I'm still optimistic that the Gulls will sneak a win. If so, and if Gillingham or Oxford drop any points, then we shall be in a play-off position at the end of the afternoon.. :scarf:
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Olejnik; Nicholson; Ellis; Robertson; Oastler; Mansell; O'Kane; Lathrope; Morris; Stevens; Atieno.
The gulls are going up
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

To start: Olejnik; Nicholson; Ellis; Robertson; Oastler; Mansell; O'Kane; Lathrope; Morris; Stevens; Atieno.
TUST member 203
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Arrived here in very windy and wet Morecambe! Lots of warnings for heavy winds! Let's hope we keep the ball on the floor today! It's essential!

BTW - it's 2:15 where is everyone?
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Hopefully I'm going to enjoy our game listening to the radio this afternoon. At the beginning of the week I couldn't go to this one, as it happens I actually could have gone but only found out yesterday night. Anyway as for the game, I'd take a draw.

COYY!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

can't see us getting anything out of this one
The gulls are going up
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Starting line up excatly as i thought it would be, I, along with a few other maintained all week Atieno would keep his place, no surprises in there for me, and dont be so down beat one and all, going for a third straight away win...COYY :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

whats all this chit chat on player, are we gonna get this game on here today or what??
still keeping the faith
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

bixieupnorth wrote:whats all this chit chat on player, are we gonna get this game on here today or what??

Was thinking the same thing :lol:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

here we go then!! come on you yellows!!

any bets today andy??
still keeping the faith
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin