Eunan to Reading?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Eunan to Reading?

Post by Chris B »

At the risk of turning the 'Rumour Mill' into a 'Eunan to <insert name of Championship club>' thread, I've heard Eunan may be on his way to Reading.

In fact, if the information's accurate, the only reason he didn't go to Berkshire for his medical today was because of complications with the second part of the deal, which would see 19 year old midfielder Lawson D'Ath join us on loan.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/Profile ... 67,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really, really hope this turns out to be nonsense.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Chris B wrote:At the risk of turning the 'Rumour Mill' into a 'Eunan to <insert name of Championship club>' thread, I've heard Eunan may be on his way to Reading.

In fact, if the information's accurate, the only reason he didn't go to Berkshire for his medical today was because of complications with the second part of the deal, which would see 19 year old midfielder Lawson D'Ath join us on loan.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/Profile ... 67,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really, really hope this turns out to be nonsense.

really hope this turns out to be false - has a fee been mentioned at all to you Chris?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

This suggests there may be nothing in this (yeay!!)
http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 82,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Does this mean the rumour of him going to Leeds is bollox then?
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Chris B »

I love that Ling seems to be on standby to reassure us all!

There was no mention of how high the fee would be, no. Reading are notorious for living well within their means and being a bit frugal, so I wouldn't be hopeful of a generous fee. Indeed, the only reason I initially doubted what I'd heard was their manager has spoken quite openly about a lack of transfer funds.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... s-run-out/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I have kept quite about this for awhile and well I feel I should say something. I have a friend Mark who is a coach at Reading. He told me 2 weeks ago that reading made an enqiury about EOK. I posted a month or so back that reading was one of a few clubs watching the lad. Mark told me last week that Reading would once again try and talk to Torquay about a deal. But they were chasing up a few other targets first. Now I don't know if this bid is real or not. But I will get in contact with Mark later and see what he says.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Brett Reading, Millwall, West ham and a few others have all had scouts down here to look at EOK over the last month and a half but no offers have been made!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I have spoken to Mark. His words were “mate I can confirm no bid has been made, we have a scout going down to the game on tuesday. We are trying to get a few loan players in.”
So yes Aussie no bids have been made. Reading have made an enquiry but no actual bid.so there only showing an intrest which I don't see a problem with.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Chris B »

tufcbrett wrote:I have spoken to Mark. His words were “mate I can confirm no bid has been made, we have a scout going down to the game on tuesday. We are trying to get a few loan players in.”
So yes Aussie no bids have been made. Reading have made an enquiry but no actual bid.so there only showing an intrest which I don't see a problem with.
More than happy to be corrected - apologies to anyone I may've panicked!

Eunan's own apparent ignorance to potential transfers seems to confirm what ML, Brett and Aussie have said:
http://x.com/#!/eunan10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Palace are also being linked to him aswell apparently. But thats only according to someone on another forum I'm on so may not have anything other than rumour.

Ling said in the HE today that we dont need to sell so it would have to be silly money for us to sell. Though our silly money is usually not as much as we think it is!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We're in a very strong position here. 2 and a half years left on his contract (at which time we could still get compensation for him), a lot of teams interested in him, his reputation is growing by the week and he's a level headed person who isn't going to throw his weight around to force a move.

I hope we let him go when the time is right for the club and the player. It would be much better for us to sell him in the summer when a replacement would be easier to find, but if the right offer came in now then we should still let him go. I'm just praying that this time we really do get the full figure of what he's worth.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Aussie wrote:Does this mean the rumour of him going to Leeds is bollox then?

I stated it was whisper and was not sure if was true. However just cos reading are interested it does not rule out any other clubs being interested. Eunan will be in high demand and the amount of clubs interested might mean we get a decent fee. Would just like to thank eunan for signing contract recently which has put us in a much stronger position
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Rabbi, our upsidedown friend isn't suggesting that the inclusion of the interest of the one is to the exclusion of the interest of all others, he alludes to the article on the OS making specific note of an absence of interest in any of our players.
For me, and all I suspect, if one club IS interested, we hope that a further 20 clubs follow suit.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

latest rumour is eunan to Peterborough for 250k
The gulls are going up
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

scratch that eunan is not going anywhere!!
The gulls are going up