Jake Robinson.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mr Anonymous

Jake Robinson.

Post by Mr Anonymous »

Expect him back any day now. He is mulling over a very generous offer from us and he is a full time replacement for Bodin.

Mr Anonymous strikes again!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Mr Anonymous wrote:Expect him back any day now. He is mulling over a very generous offer from us and he is a full time replacement for Bodin.

Mr Anonymous strikes again!
Strikes again??

This is your first post :lol:

Mixed emotions about Jake coming back - he was good, but equally had some off games if I recall the match reviews of him......but then he also loves the club, so gets a big tick in that respect!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Being really blunt I would be shocked if this happened. He was hit and miss for us. Was a buckle signing and has been awful for northampton. I saw him play against argyle at home park and he cut a frustrated figure shooting from 35+ yards regularly. Constantly giving the ball away either by trying to be too flash or sloppy passing.

He would be a good squad option but not for me someone who should be relied on. Dont forget that ling likes wingers to play on a side that can cut in which would not fit the role available
Mr Anonymous

Post by Mr Anonymous »

Mr Anonymous speaks the truth! Mr Anonymous shall make Teeboo look like Mr Bean come season's end, fear ye not, gentle reader.

Mr Anonymous away!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'd have him back like a shot. Skilful, direct and loves the Club. I'd trust Martin Ling to get the best out of him and allow everyone to see what he's capable of. What he does in a struggling Northampton team in a losing match against Argyle is not a fair assessment of his talents. Sign him up !!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

Im obv judging him on last season too. He started off exceptional then got poor fairly quickly before coming to life again against shrews in play-offs.

Reasonable squad signing just hope that not relied on to start every game
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I can understand why Jakey signed for AC Northampton, there chairman said in his interview said the cobblers had added £350,000 to there wage bill, kind of us a clue as why jakey went there(i am led to believe he is on a round £2,000 a week)

If that is true Jakey would have, to have a reality check as far as wages were concerned i cant see our club paying anything like that.

That said, i have said many times during the course of last season, and this, I would also like to see him back here, it is starting to look like Bodin is not coming back, so Jakey would be agood replacment.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't doubt what you say, f'rev, but where did the figure of two grand a week come from?

I'm led to believe that Manse is our highest earner, with his renegotiated contract worth £1650/week (I have this figure in my mind, but can't remember where it came from). There is no way JR will get anything like that, so if Dave is right (no reason to suspect he is not), then Jakey will be looking at coming close to halving his wages. Still, a grand a week is more than AC Northants will be paying next year in the Conference.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:I don't doubt what you say, f'rev, but where did the figure of two grand a week come from?

I'm led to believe that Manse is our highest earner, with his renegotiated contract worth £1650/week (I have this figure in my mind, but can't remember where it came from). There is no way JR will get anything like that, so if Dave is right (no reason to suspect he is not), then Jakey will be looking at coming close to halving his wages. Still, a grand a week is more than AC Northants will be paying next year in the Conference.

Matt.
I don't think you can really compare Northampton's wage budget with ours, they have much more money to waste on players than we do. After speaking to a couple NTFC fans I know from up my way, they reckon they have a wage budget of around £21,500 a week, with ours being around £16,000. An extra £5,500 a week means they have quite a bit more to lump around to pay players. Certainly my experience on Football Manager is that our budget is enough to do relatively well with, their budget is enough to annihilate the league with.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ferrarilover wrote:I don't doubt what you say, f'rev, but where did the figure of two grand a week come from?I'm led to believe that Manse is our highest earner, with his renegotiated contract worth £1650/week (I have this figure in my mind, but can't remember where it came from). There is no way JR will get anything like that, so if Dave is right (no reason to suspect he is not), then Jakey will be looking at coming close to halving his wages. Still, a grand a week is more than AC Northants will be paying next year in the Conference.

Matt.
Thats what i believe he is on at Northampton, i got that figure from witnin our club as the reason why we did not sign him in the summer, i can only trust the info gained from the person i spoke to was correct.

What Cambgull says tie's with what the NTFC chairman said about adding £350k to there wage bill, which suggests that NTFC are paying there players big money, including Jakey.
Formerly known as forevertufc
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

I dont know how much you can read into this but had small private convo with LRT yesterday mentioned the rumour and he just laughed and stated that not been told or heard anything about 'jakes imminent arrival'. Following it up with 'if this was so why would nath be here?'.

Would suggest that the desire for the move to happen is from Jake rather than the club. I saw enough yesterday to suggest that Nathan Craig is likely to be offered a deal
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

popside_yidlad wrote:I dont know how much you can read into this but had small private convo with LRT yesterday mentioned the rumour and he just laughed and stated that not been told or heard anything about 'jakes imminent arrival'. Following it up with 'if this was so why would nath be here?'.

Would suggest that the desire for the move to happen is from Jake rather than the club. I saw enough yesterday to suggest that Nathan Craig is likely to be offered a deal
I'd imagine neither are hugely fussed and it's just utter tosh made up by some cretin who wants to be important for 20 seconds.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Southampton Gull wrote:I'd have him back like a shot. Skilful, direct and loves the Club. I'd trust Martin Ling to get the best out of him and allow everyone to see what he's capable of. What he does in a struggling Northampton team in a losing match against Argyle is not a fair assessment of his talents. Sign him up !!!
So why, Dave, did he not sign for us at the end of last season? Not being funny, just honestly can't remember.Yeah, yeah I know, it's my age. =Z
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

diamondgirl wrote: So why, Dave, did he not sign for us at the end of last season? Not being funny, just honestly can't remember.Yeah, yeah I know, it's my age. =Z
Didnt we not offer him a contract? The only player we offered a contract to at the end of last season was Branston?

Sure I remember Simon Baker saying at the fans forum that we didnt offer deals to any of the loanees incase the new man who came in didnt want them..

Could be wrong though. I'd be delighted if Robinson returned. He's very similar to Bodin if not slightly better and Ling may well be the man to get the best out of him as he has done with some of the players here from last season Stevens etc...He's a better at man management than Buckle ever will be.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Just asked Jake and he said that he was unaware of anything and loads of people have asked him about it, so I recon he will be coming here when we play NTFC and probably not staying! Hope that helps kill a bullshit rumour!