Jake Robinson.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Have a feeling that Mr Anonymous, posted for a while back in the summer as rumourchap and his rumours were pretty much bullshit back then, ah well thats what the rumourmill is for. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

Shame, would like to see Jake back
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Thats pretty conclusive then. Rumour has been rubbished by LRT and more importantly now Jakey.
Was most prob a green cheering themselves up lol.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not necessarily. There's no good reason why a player (maybe the captain at some clubs, but unlikely) would have any knowledge of potential transfers, so no good reason for LRT to know.
Equally with JR himself, he might not have been told, he might be denying it for other reasons, or it might be that we DID offer him something which was likely to be accepted but, for reasons unknown, was rejected.
Be less quick to dismiss, remember how we scoffed at the return of Chris McPhee rumour?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Do you honestly think that lingy would not even have a convo with the players that played with him last year (particularly manse and nicho) to make sure their is no under lying issues between them with Jakey and to be sure would not have an adverse reaction on the fantastic team spirit.

I believe it would be naive if he didnt as could disrupt squad harmony and have negative affect on results.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

As I say, perhaps Manse would have been consulted, but I really cannot see Dinger going as far down the ladder as the second choice left back. Nothing against LRT, but I think Dinger would have sufficient respect for the opinion of Lamby alone to forego interviewing each and every remaining squad member.

I'm not convinced this one is dead in the water just yet.

Matt.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

ferrarilover wrote:As I say, perhaps Manse would have been consulted, but I really cannot see Dinger going as far down the ladder as the second choice left back. Nothing against LRT, but I think Dinger would have sufficient respect for the opinion of Lamby alone to forego interviewing each and every remaining squad member.

I'm not convinced this one is dead in the water just yet.

Matt.
Agreed. I doubt Robinson would openly admit to being in talks with us incase nothing came of it. Why should he get our hopes up of him signing especially if nothing comes of it.

And as for Ling asking squad members if they think certain players would be welcomed down here? Do you think he spoke to Mansell about the last time McPhee was down here for an opinion on him? If Ling thinks a player will improve/add quality to the squad down here then he'd attempt to sign them.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

when Ling joined as manager he watched many dvds of our games last season and would have known a lot about our squad. Jakey included he would have seen videos and maybe watched games live and seen how good he was for us. With two members of his coaching staff also worked with him last season im sure he has his own opinion on Jake. He may have asked some of the senior players about him.

If hes after Jake then i would be happy to see him back. But for the moment i see more chance of Bodin coming back than Jakey.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

If Jake was going to come here and he had to keep quiet about it then he wouldn`t have Tweeted me directly back and said he wasn`t coming, he would have ignored my question and said Jack-Sh1t about the whole situation! For him to answer my question, and yes he does know me and who I am, then kind of re-inforces the fact that it`s a load of bollox!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't want this to turn into another fight, but no Aussie, it doesn't, it shows that he has tweeted you what he wants you to believe, and what may be the truth in this instance, but to quash a credible rumour based on what the player has tweeted to you is not altogether fair. There have been plenty of decent suggestions as to possible scenarios (Etymologists, does 'scenario' require an 's' to become plural?) where Robinson would say that in an honestly held belief, but where the initial rumour (or at least the crux of it) was true.

Matt.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

ferrarilover wrote:I don't want this to turn into another fight, but no Aussie, it doesn't, it shows that he has tweeted you what he wants you to believe, and what may be the truth in this instance, but to quash a credible rumour based on what the player has tweeted to you is not altogether fair. There have been plenty of decent suggestions as to possible scenarios (Etymologists, does 'scenario' require an 's' to become plural?) where Robinson would say that in an honestly held belief, but where the initial rumour (or at least the crux of it) was true.

Matt.
" to quash a credible rumour " Don`t quite know how to put this but rumours are not credible Matt! That`s why their rumours, if they were credible they would more likely be `facts`! And who said anything about turning this into a fight? o:)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I said something about turning this into a fight, and facts are always credible, that's why they're facts, making the word 'credible' in that context a tautology.

Matt.

See what I mean about fight (laughing smilie, on phone, pushed for time).
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

You've just tried to argue against him by making the exact same point as him...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nice to see you settling in, Aussie :rofl: :rofl: