What Team do you think is better?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Which side do you think is better, Last season or This season?

Bevan, Mansell, Branston, Robertson, Nicholson, O'Kane, Stanley, Kee, Robinson, Zebroski, Tomlin
29%
Olejnik, Oastler, Ellis, Robertson, Nicholson, Lathrope, Mansell, O'Kane, Stevens, Bodin, Howe
71%

Total votes: 51

YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

If anyone is still bashing Stevens, they're just nonsensical. He's become a huge (excuse the pun) part of our team, and arguably one of our biggest (sorry) goal threats.
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

I agree stevens has raised his game this year
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

So far, I've not broken my New Year resolution (that is, giving Danny Stevens stick at every opportunity).

In 1983 I voluntarily gave up alcohol for a year as a New Year resolution. That particular resolution hurt like f**k. :'(

It's too early to say whether the current resolution will prove to be more painful. :-/
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Last year's team with Lingy in charge, we'd be promotion chasing with that.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

ferrarilover wrote:Do you mean IF only because of Bobby and Bodin? Or do you genuinely mean that the only advantage you can see of the second team over the first is the aforementioned?

Matt.

I only prefer it with them replacing kee and bevan
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I see, that's an interesting view.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

This is obviously a bit of a moot point given we are playing a more or less 4-3-2-1 this season compared with usually 4-4-2 last season, so within those parameters, direct comparison in each position is suspect. However if we are going to stay with 4-3-2-1, i would certainly have Branston, Stanley and Zebs in it, in place of Ellis, Oastler and Morris/Bodin. A midfield three of Stanley, Lathrope and O'Kane looks like a good balance of attacking flair with the necessary steel as well. I dont think anyone could argue that Bobby seems to be consistently better than Bevs (although to be fair to Bevs, the defence in front of him at Brizzle was pretty shambolic).

Its all conjecture of course, as the better team will be viewed through history's eyes as that which had the better record over the 46 games.
Arse! Drink!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sorry FJ, but this year's back four is streets ahead of last year's. Nico and Robbo remain the same, but having Ellis and JOastler back there makes us a much better footballing side.

Ellis has all the ball winning attributes of Branno, play a turn of pace and decent enough distribution. JOastler is rapidly becoming one of the best right backs in the division. His tackling is brilliant, he is strong, improving positionally and really isn't afraid to get forward and support an attack.

Having Lathrope in midfield loses him from his absolutely vital role in front of the back 5, which has so aided us this season.

All in, the back 6 (Bobby, back 4 and DL) are the foundation upon which all our success is being built, and I wouldn't change it for last year's set up for all the tea in China.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Personally i prefer this years side even if last years was possibily stronger. We have decent young talent and give them a seaosn or two they all could be quality players. Like Oastler and Ellis give them games and they will turn into very important players for our side.

But i guess we will see how good the side is this season in May. Do we do better or not
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

been said in earlier posts mabe last season squad was stronger,i tend to disagree,ok granted got to playoff final,but i do believe this year we will go up automatically,lingy has installed belief into the club as a whole,the squad seems to be very content,hes playing everybody where they should be playing,the confidence is running high through the squad,LONG MAY THAT CONTINUE,i bet BUCKLE cant believe how well we are doing :na:,keep the good work up lingy. :-D
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Depends which manager you have and whether you play players out of position or not!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

It's not just the team, it's the manager as well and Ling is knocking Buckle into a cocked hat!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!