Macclesfield Town v Torquay United, 14/01/12, League 2

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: Thwe "no brainer" is that Atuien will start next wek.

You were doing so well up to that point...................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just want to take this opportunity to say how pleased i am with the 2-1 result at Macc. I may have come across a bit negative about our performance and the performance of some players but the fact is we came away with the points. I should accept that not every game can be exciting and full of drama instead of knocking the team for a dour performance which turned out to be good enough in the end. Focus on the positives, we weren't great but we were better than Macclesfield and it is a vital away win. It was probably my head going numb in the cold that made the game seem worse than it actually was. My opinion on Atieno hasn't changed and i'll argue this all day long but i have to say my opinion on Danny Stevens has improved. He still has a long way to go to convince me but so far this season when i've seen him he has been a lot better. Anyway, sorry to the lads and sorry to the commentary bloke for calling him a c**t. Massive credit to Martin for having faith in our squad, every one of them. It is a lot more than i've had for some of them and i'm a bit ashamed.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:Just want to take this opportunity to say how pleased i am with the 2-1 result at Macc. I may have come across a bit negative about our performance and the performance of some players but the fact is we came away with the points. I should accept that not every game can be exciting and full of drama instead of knocking the team for a dour performance which turned out to be good enough in the end. Focus on the positives, we weren't great but we were better than Macclesfield and it is a vital away win. It was probably my head going numb in the cold that made the game seem worse than it actually was. My opinion on Atieno hasn't changed and i'll argue this all day long but i have to say my opinion on Danny Stevens has improved. He still has a long way to go to convince me but so far this season when i've seen him he has been a lot better. Anyway, sorry to the lads and sorry to the commentary bloke for calling him a c**t. Massive credit to Martin for having faith in our squad, every one of them. It is a lot more than i've had for some of them and i'm a bit ashamed.

Not content with eating all the pies, you've decided to tuck into the biggest pie of all called humble.

You fat b*****d ! :na: :lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Jeez Troj. You'd be a great asset to WeightWatchers. Just call everyone a fat f****r and they will be that paranoid that they'll be down the community centre for the next meeting quicker than Sir Alex getting out of his car on the motorway! Even if they aren't fat ( like myself :-D ). Although humble is the pie most likely to aid rapid weight loss, i've got to say that i much prefer meat & potato ones. Maybe you're right after all . Maybe I am FAT !! HELP ME TROJ!!! :'( . :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I keep putting us down for away draws on the predictor and we take 3 points! I'll keep doing that as it seems to work. Another great away pay day after Plymouth so well done ML and the guys. Results count and only 9 points from FL survival! :) Once thats achieved then we can look towards just how high we can finish. COYYS!!!!!!!! :keepie:
Oblivion!!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

oxgull wrote:I keep putting us down for away draws on the predictor and we take 3 points! I'll keep doing that as it seems to work. Another great away pay day after Plymouth so well done ML and the guys. Results count and only 9 points from FL survival! :) Once thats achieved then we can look towards just how high we can finish. COYYS!!!!!!!! :keepie:
I have put us down to win 1.2 at Plymouth and Macclesfield, think i am going to see if i can make it 3 out 3 away Morecambe. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc