Mate For A Tenner

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Mate For A Tenner

Post by yellow »

I thought this was going to be an offer to go behind the bike sheds again.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 63,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh well.... :Oops:
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Well you cant blame the club for trying to get fans in and this is a good idea. There is also a reduced package for Dagenham/Northampton and they did offers for Wimbledon, Hereford and Barnet before xmas.

Now which of my two season ticket holder mates do i talk extra nicely too........!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Maybe we should use this thread as an opportunity for season ticket holders to offer their vouchers to those who don't have season tickets. It gets more people to the match and era more of us meeting each other. If this is a good idea (Dave/Louis please adjudicate) maybe sticky it for a couple of weeks until the match and people can post their vouchers for offer and vouchers wanted.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

That's settled then. My brother gets the voucher and in return he buys me burger and chips pre match together with a 50/50 draw ticket and programme and gets the round in at half time in Boots & Laces. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

Well done at last. I suggested this over a year ago. I think the club should ask our STH's to invite a lapsed or potential fan rather than give the voucher to someone who's going to come anyway. Rather defeats the object otherwise.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I read the mate for a tenner announcement as a "thank you to season ticket holders" and not as a money making exercise. However, the end paragraph goes on to say . .

"In an ideal world, it would be great if your £10 guest was someone who has not attended Plainmoor before or a lapsed supporter, so we can remind people of the sheer thrill of live football."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I don't have any mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

A good idea but not a great one. If you're unemployed or a pensioner who can only afford a few games in a season it's of no use unless you know a season ticket holder. In these hard economic times an occasional BOGOF for everyone would be better. And at this time of year I'd like somewhere to plug in my electric blanket..
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

The thing with BOGOFs is that Season Ticket holders get naffed off because they cannot benefit from it. No one idea can be found to accommodate ST holders and pay-on-the-day customers.

Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote:The thing with BOGOFs is that Season Ticket holders get naffed off because they cannot benefit from it. No one idea can be found to accommodate ST holders and pay-on-the-day customers.

Matt.

See post number 4 above. :clap:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Don't season ticket holders benefit by getting a discount on the season? Isn't that the attraction of a season ticket?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Yes, but for one off promotions, they don't and, rightly or wrongly, ST holders (those without moochers for brothers) feel aggrieved at this.

Matt.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Love it, cant afford season ticket so get to less matches as its either football or household bills. How about reducing cost for everyone a few extra quid off the price may bring in more than just a few that wont ever go again!!!! Poundland proves this thoery with the profits they make sell it cheap but in big quantity. :red:
We need to bring in younger fans to safeguard the future of the club
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

It stands to reason that there is a cross over point where price and attendance are multiplied together to earn the greatest amount for the club.
The club do not pull prices out of their arse, they have obviously determined that the prices they have set are the highest possible price to retain the highest number of people.

Matt.