Shirt sales are a joke! Sort this out Torquay!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Shirt sales are a joke! Sort this out Torquay!

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Rang the club today to ask when they will be getting in more home shirts XXL size. I rang two months before Christmas and checked the website and they both said that XL, XXL AND XXXL were all out of stock and they may be expecting some more in the new year. Today the lady i spoke to told me basically she doesn't really know for definate IF they will be getting any more in at all as it is something to do with the manufacturers only bulk producing so many shirts. I don't necessarily like the new shirt but always buy one as i collect them but now i will have to go on a Channel 5 documentary called Extreme Dieters just so i will be able to buy a LARGE which they DO have in stock. My personal circumstances aside, what about all the fans out there who may have wanted one for a Christmas present (like myself) who were not able to get one due to this ridiculous ordering of stock. The club are losing money AGAIN just by being incompetently run. I know the club do not wish to have excess stock they cannot sell due to over-ordering but if they sell out an individual fan should be able to put in a separate order to buy one. Hey i don't even mind paying a bit extra for this service either. I'm not having a go at the lady i spoke to as she is just probably there to serve fans and handle queries but the buffoons responsible for this oversight should be docked salary as its costing the club!!! Without wanting to sound like Veruca Salt, I WANT AN XXL SHIRT AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!! :@
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It is poor but I'm not so sure how much control the club have on something like this.

I feel your pain mate and it's another thing to add to the list of things that need to be improved on at the Club.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I think this might be more a case that we need a proper kit manufacturer, rather than VanTerrible.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:

I WANT AN XXL SHIRT AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!! :@

(8) Who ate all the pies ? Who ate all the . . . . (8) :lol:

Ask Rene if you can have one of his "hand me downs". :nod: ;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

I stopped buying the shirts simply because they were such poor quality and not worth the money. I had several polo's and the home shirt. Everyone of them was crap, they built up more static than the national grid and if you didn't wear something under they itched like hell. Now I have had some great polo's with the gulls logo made out here, top quality and inexpensive. As for copyright infringement, couldn't give a toss. If they can't be arsed to supply quality at a reasonable price then i'll buy elsewhere. Also rather than buy the overpriced mugs, I took my daughter to that pottery place in Totnes and she made me a brilliant coffee mug with the logo and her own gulls designs.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
bruciesbootcleaner

Post by bruciesbootcleaner »

austrianandygull wrote:Rang the club today to ask when they will be getting in more home shirts XXL size. I rang two months before Christmas and checked the website and they both said that XL, XXL AND XXXL were all out of stock and they may be expecting some more in the new year. Today the lady i spoke to told me basically she doesn't really know for definate IF they will be getting any more in at all as it is something to do with the manufacturers only bulk producing so many shirts. I don't necessarily like the new shirt but always buy one as i collect them but now i will have to go on a Channel 5 documentary called Extreme Dieters just so i will be able to buy a LARGE which they DO have in stock. My personal circumstances aside, what about all the fans out there who may have wanted one for a Christmas present (like myself) who were not able to get one due to this ridiculous ordering of stock. The club are losing money AGAIN just by being incompetently run. I know the club do not wish to have excess stock they cannot sell due to over-ordering but if they sell out an individual fan should be able to put in a separate order to buy one. Hey i don't even mind paying a bit extra for this service either. I'm not having a go at the lady i spoke to as she is just probably there to serve fans and handle queries but the buffoons responsible for this oversight should be docked salary as its costing the club!!! Without wanting to sound like Veruca Salt, I WANT AN XXL SHIRT AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!! :@
not a bad idea to go on a diet, how many XXL shirts should the club hold?
not their fault, no company however large or small will produce one or two off orders, ( unless at a vastly increased premium )
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I was lucky enough to get an XL for Christmas, but was horrified by the misplaced apostrophe, which I really hope somebody got fired for. I've found it mentioned on here, but was there ever any explanation/acknowledgement/apology from the club?
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

The Americans have a word for this type of incompetence: A CLUSTERF()CK. That sums it up nicely.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bruciesbootcleaner wrote: not a bad idea to go on a diet, how many XXL shirts should the club hold?
not their fault, no company however large or small will produce one or two off orders, ( unless at a vastly increased premium )

The thing is although i am a tad overweight, when i was at my slimmest i still needed an XL as i have a stocky build a bit like Rene, i'm not built like Mr bloody Bean am i? I'd like to see Rene in a large or an XL! It's not gonna happen. So diet or no diet the club have still failed me. Maybe i should try ingesting myself in order to fit into a large? And Troj, you can button it too Greenie! My fave is fish and chips but they don't sell them at footy grounds so i HAVE to eat all the pies don't I? :lol: :na:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Things must be good on the pitch if we're moaning about not being able to get a particularly sized home shirt 6 months after they went on sale.

Reckon they have a pretty good idea how many shirts they sell and have probably ordered that amount.

Should they order too many and be left with stock at a loss?
TUST #324
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

numpte wrote:Things must be good on the pitch if we're moaning about not being able to get a particularly sized home shirt 6 months after they went on sale.

Reckon they have a pretty good idea how many shirts they sell and have probably ordered that amount.

I did actually say in my OP that it wouldn't make good business sense to over -order and be left with loads of shirts they cannot sell; however, if they under - order then at least the club should be able to 'special order' them at a fans request for an extra premium to the fan concerned. To not have this facility is bizarre and if i cannot get hold of one i probably won't buy anything from the club again. I suppose numpte is one of these people who queues up at the crack of dawn to get the latest gadget or computer game and did so at the launch of the shirt. We aren't all as eager. I've had 4 months (not 6 ) as they didn't go on sale til late august if i remember rightly and yes its ample time to have bought a shirt but i've just not got round to it. Had the club put something on its website saying, 'HOME TOPS XL, XXL & XXXL - ONCE THEY'RE GONE, THE'YRE GONE' then i might have joined in the stampede for one. Being a trusting soul i just assumed i could purchase one whenever i wanted to but thats not the case now. Maybe the fact that it is the larger sizes that have all gone indicates a growing epidemic of morbid obesity within the bay area! :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

numpte wrote:Things must be good on the pitch if we're moaning about not being able to get a particularly sized home shirt 6 months after they went on sale.

Did they though? If my memory is correct they were late arriving so in effect they've only had them available for 4 months.
Dave

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

The shirt doesn't have a date on it does it?

I really can't believe they intend to order no more shirts considering the kit is still available for the rest of this season and the whole of the rest. I swear this club are scared of making money at times...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Just a question: Home shirts usually get changed in a two year cycle, as a general rule. So why, if that is the case here, have we only ordered enough of a particular size to cover 4 months of trade? Seems strange.

If this post was being made in June of next year, I'd be inclined to say that it might be a bit late. But as we're roughly a quarter of the way through this shirt's expected cycle (unless I am wrong about that), I have to agree that clearly not enough were ordered and to say 'we dont know if we'll be getting any more in' seems a bit poor to me.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

The club is coming in for a bit of stick here but I feel it may be undeserved. I think I am right in saying that the club shop is not actually own and operated by club staff but it is in fact owned and opertaed by Vandanel. I bleieve the club franchised the shop out to them a couple of years ago from memory. So when it comes to decisions like this, I feel the "blame" is being misdirected at the club when it should be at Vandanel.