Macclesfield Away

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Everyone should go in the seating then we might be able to make an atmosphere? I know a couple seasons ago they only gave us seats and we made a decent atmosphere that time so could be an idea?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I went in the seats season before last Alex when we lost 2-1 thanks to Hamza Bencherif. There was ZERO atmosphere on that day and i remember during a lull in the game i actually nearly nodded off gaziing into the hills i could see in the background. I prefer the terrace and its only 12 quid so i'll be going there.
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 09 Jan 2012, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

We sang a bit though from memory it was abit all over the place. I'd say the seating but I'm not sure if that stand is the family stand at Macc aswell? I prefer terrace aswell but weve a better chance of making an atmosphere in the seating than we have in the terracing! I'm not fussed I'll go where everyone else wants to go.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Why stand in seat area, when you can stand in the standing :P
If you save money then id go in the terrance, not that im not going. Cant afford the bus haha.

Does us proud boys and girls.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

tufcbrett wrote:Why stand in seat area, when you can stand in the standing :P
If you save money then id go in the terrance, not that im not going. Cant afford the bus haha.

Does us proud boys and girls.
Because the terrace has no roof so its impossible to create an atmosphere in a stand with no Roof!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'd be happy with 4 points out of 6 from our next two games. I think Macc will have one eye on the Bolton tie so I think we'll nick it 2-1. Then a draw against Morecambe will do nicely for me.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'd be extremely happy with 4 from 2 games, i'd be fairly happy with 3 and not too disappointed with 2. Many think our trip to Morecambe will be tougher than at Macc but i'm not so sure. Macc can be stubborn opponents. With regards the seating or terrace debate, yes more noise can be generated in stands that have roofs and if Macc (like many clubs in this division) only gave us a small section of seating and closed the away terrace then we'd all be forced to pay one price and go in the seats. As it is i prefer to stand wherever i go, it's cheaper and as Macc have given us the option i'm going to take it. We can still make some noise lads! I did find though last season that a large number of the singers were stood way over to the left of the terrace and nowhere near the traditional vantage point of smack bang behind the goal. Thought it a bit weird at the time as i was right at the back near the centre nd had an amazing view.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

If the option of standing is available, 9 times out of 10 I would choose the terrace. I think the only exemption this season was at Brizzy Rovers because with a big away following, we were confident and did create a better atmosphere in their tent end then if we were in their open terrace.

If it doesn't rain, then go terrace chaps!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

think we should all go terrace, if we need a lift then the players should be able to see us in numbers and not a few here or there, think we should all go in the same place, also, anybody fancy a pint before the game?, i'll be in Macc at about 10 pas 1 as i'm travelling from Leeds.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Seems a fair few are going, uncovered terrace or not i'm sure they'll make a noise.