Macclesfield Away

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Macclesfield Away

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

After the bumper away following yesterday and the fact we have no game this coming weekend, i just wonder how many of you will brave the trip "Up North" and try and create some sort of atmosphere? obviously no one will be expecting anywhere near 500 let alone 2000 but it will be interesting to see any new faces with the Away clan.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

There wasn't an official figure released for our trip there last season, but it was estimated at 150-200, so I'd expect something pretty similar this year.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Always a favourite of mine is Macc. A nice drive through Buxton and past the Cat & Fiddle. Parking next to fields of sheep and a walk by the canal. Back home in an hour. There is no way any number of fans can generate noise on the uncovered away terrace though, it just dissipates into the air and doesn't carry. I'll be there anyway giving it a go.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'll make a mental note to set off earlier to Macclesfield this year. Got stuck in traffic last year and almost missed kick off. Abundance of parking around the ground though, and always a good trip. One ground were we actually have a respectable record
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

I'll be going, only about 40 minutes from me. Be good to meet some of you guys at last, Moss Rose always has a very relaxed atmosphere. Just hope it doesn't rain, I don't fancy getting soaked standing on that terrace.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

austrianandygull wrote:Always a favourite of mine is Macc. A nice drive through Buxton and past the Cat & Fiddle. Parking next to fields of sheep and a walk by the canal. Back home in an hour. There is no way any number of fans can generate noise on the uncovered away terrace though, it just dissipates into the air and doesn't carry. I'll be there anyway giving it a go.
Yeah yeah, course you will... :zzz:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

well i will, trying to get some mates from Leeds to come to try and boost our away attendance as well as ive got a lass i know coming from Stafford, i love Macclesfield, used to watch them as a lad and even went to there memorable 3rd round FA Cup tie at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea, so this game is a must for me.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

ferrarilover wrote: Yeah yeah, course you will... :zzz:

Matt.

Ouch thats low! :slap:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Almost as low as the figure representing the number of games I've missed over the years because I didn't get my arse out of bed in the morning... ZERO! :~D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

There's always a first time for everything Matt!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

There is a mistake on the OS about the travel information for the Macclesfield game. Can you spot the it? http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Ticke ... 08,00.html
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Macc played really well on saturday against Bolton. I know they will have raised their game but they look like they have some useful players and it will be a tough game. Their keeper Jose Veiga played well but the times i've been to Macc he has had a shocker including letting in 3 last season. I don't rate him personally. It was the same old Moss Rose really against Bolton, even with the ground full there was little atmosphere. It can be pretty dead out there at times. We beat them 3-0 at Plainmoor earlier on this season when we couldn't crack them open for ages but when we did, more followed. I think they will be a more attack minded side at the Moss Rose and with players like Daniel they will give us a few problems. I'll go for a 1-1 draw.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

rarely miss this trip, its always a favourite, the nags head before the game and the railway view after, me and a mate heading over
still keeping the faith
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

Agree with you about Veiga Andy, last time at Moss Rose he certainly didn't seem composed in front of goal. Certainly won't be any sort of atmosphere to write home about, the Macclesfield fans are usually rather subdued even though the acoustics in the Star Lane End are pretty good. 2 - 1 to us with the attendance being 1640.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Macclesfield are a useful side but they will have the cup replay on their mind and I think our defence is good enough to contain their attack.
Macclesfield 0 - 2 Torquay. O'Kane and Atieno to score. :nod: