Buckle Sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'll trust in Dinger to bring in who he's sees as the players to improve us and take us to the next level . . . whoever it maybe.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We dont' need Stanley. He wouldn't get in the side and we can't afford to carry somebody like him that would demand decent money who wouldn't be a definite starter.

If O'Kane is sold then that's a different story. I don't want that to happen under any circumatances however. Even if we are offered a silly fee, I'd hope we could keep him till the summer at the very least.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

royalgull wrote:We dont' need Stanley. He wouldn't get in the side and we can't afford to carry somebody like him that would demand decent money who wouldn't be a definite starter.

If O'Kane is sold then that's a different story. I don't want that to happen under any circumatances however. Even if we are offered a silly fee, I'd hope we could keep him till the summer at the very least.
Don't worry, Eunan's going nowhere at present, except home to visit family in Ireland. ;-)

He's settled here, he likes the place and the only way he will leave, is when the offer IS absolutely right for both player and club.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

been laughing too much to post up 'til now :rofl:

well talk about karma and someone getting what they deserve

when you think back to the beginning of the season, and all the doom and gloom on this forum that Buckle had left and Ling was our new manager.
And look at it now!!!
i think we can all be thankful that buckle did leave, seeing what he has done to Rovers with probably the biggest budget in this league.

Good luck in the Toolstation under 10 reserves league Buckle :na:
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Oh. Am I the only one who felt a little bit sorry for him...?

Joking :rofl:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

westbaygull wrote:Oh. Am I the only one who felt a little bit sorry for him...?

Joking :rofl:

You're loving it, especially after the way he treated your bedroom poster pin up boy.

;-) :nod:
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Much as I don't like to gloat over other people's misfortune, Troj, I must confess that a little air punch was forthcoming when I heard this news last night. Am just praying that the mention of Hayes & Yeading is done in jest, surely I couldn't be so unlucky as to have him associated with all 3 of my faves...?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

westbaygull wrote:Much as I don't like to gloat over other people's misfortune, Troj, I must confess that a little air punch was forthcoming when I heard this news last night. Am just praying that the mention of Hayes & Yeading is done in jest, surely I couldn't be so unlucky as to have him associated with all 3 of my faves...?

Women, eh ?

1. Brentford
2. Torquay
3. Hayes
4. Yeading

By my reckoning that's FOUR faves. :lol: ;-)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Astonishing honesty for an official story!

Reads very much how we said it would when he joined them! If only the gas fans listened then!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Trojan 67 wrote:
In the States as opposed to Buckle in a collapsed state due to being pole axed from his lofty aloofness.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/ ... bos-kubik/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :devil:
You should have seen the look on the US Soccer communications officer's face when I was there for US/Ecuador and asked if Kubik was available. He said "What do you want him for?" and I made the mistake of mentioning Torquay United. Turned out he wasn't available. Hmmm :)

Chris Woods is also the US goalkeeping coach, apropos of not very much.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Richinns wrote:http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol- ... story.html

Reads very much how we said it would when he joined them! If only the gas fans listened then!
If he hadn't got results here in the main, it would have been the same. As a person he's very hard to like, or comes across that way. If it goes wrong he's going to take loads of flak and he did at Rovers.

Rovers job was a bit of a poisoned chalice in terms of the expectation was promotion and making so many changes doesn't always work. He hasn't helped himself however.He's failed in the transfer market, didn't address where they needed new players and overloaded in areas they didn't. He can moan about money or resources but the fact is he's wasted loads he had. Case in point (and it refers to my point on Ling v Buckle) He signed 2 keepers at the start of the season. 1 gets injured and instead of giving the other a chance, he signs a loannee. He's signed about 4 forwards, Mcgleish gets injured, instead of giving someone else a chance he signs Rendell on loan. This is where Ling differs from him entirely, when someone's missed out through injury or suspension, he's given the opportunity and confidence to the replacement that's already within the squad and it's been justified. If Buckle didn't think the other keeper or other forward was up to it....why sign them in the first place and waste a wage?!

I still think Buckle has potential as a manager and this complete failure MIGHT teach him some humility and also make him learn a few lessons. It is embarassing some of his post match interviews, they mirrored the ones here and you do wonder, 'was I at a different game?' sometimes. I think he learned it from Tisdale, back to back defeats at Wycome and Colchester and a scrambled home draw v Yeovil is desperate form yet his interview on Monday was hilariously Buckle esque.

Ling's done a brilliant job here, the players all think he's great, he's getting the best out of people and you don't get any nonsense from him. From being about my prsonal 99th choice for the job, the board again has been totally justified in their decision.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Trojan 67 wrote:
Women, eh ?

1. Brentford
2. Torquay
3. Hayes
4. Yeading

By my reckoning that's FOUR faves. :lol: ;-)
Oh Troj. You do make me laff. :lol:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Trojan 67 wrote: Don't worry, Eunan's going nowhere at present, except home to visit family in Ireland. ;-)

He's settled here, he likes the place and the only way he will leave, is when the offer IS absolutely right for both player and club.
Absolutely. Spot on Alan. The Irish wizard knows that he is first name on the team sheet at Plainmoor. He's 21 years old, a mere boy. He, I believe, can play at Championship (at least) level. Why would he want to go to a club like (No disrespect) MK Dons, or similar, where he could end up warming the bench? He can bide his time, get plenty of game time under his belt and earn himself a high profile move to a strong championship side. I really do think that Eunan has his head screwed on. At 21 he can afford to stay at TUFC, playing week in week out, for at least another full season. If he moves then, he will go with the knowledge that he is a regular 1st team player and should have no problems with walking straight into the regular side for his new club.

As for Craig Stanley. Nah, dont want him back. He has been pretty much pants since he left us. Really hope we keep Billy B though. Either on loan or, prefably, on a permanent deal.
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

denspad wrote:As for Zebs and Stanley signing for us, despite their ability - I don't want them. They had their chance to be part of this squad and they decided to go for the money. Zebs was no better than Buckle in the way he handled his departure from the club. As for Stanley, he told us all he was signing, only to sign for BR at the last minute. I think they both deserve to stay where they are. We just need to dig our heels in and keep Bobby and Eunan this month and I will be happy. There was a scout from MK Dons at the Oxford Game watching both of these two!

I completely agree with this, great post!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Richinns wrote:http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol- ... story.html

So ‘Buckspeak’ didn’t go down too well in Bristol?

Well I’ll be damned. Those big city boys obviously know a thing or two....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)