Buckle Sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

stevegull wrote:Johnson seems the obvious choice for you. As I think O'Driscal (who a few of you have mentioned with better spelling) is not going to come to a league two club.

Johnson knows the league well, could be a good appointment.
I'd love O'Driscoll but he's not going to risk his reputation coming to a club like us when we're in freefall.

Lee Johnson is very friendly with one of the Higgs sons so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Does anyone know if we've paid the 2nd 35k installment yet? Do you offer refunds?
ChudGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by ChudGull »

Deserves everything he gets against him! Hopefully will be back where he belongs in BSP or lower... :lol:
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

I'd just like to throw my two-penneth in:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!

Wow that feels good.

Buckle's got his comeuppance, we've had the last laugh, and now it's time to concentrate on the second half of a very promising season under Lingy. Onwards and upwards for the Ling Dynasty :~D
Last edited by miltonkeynesgull on 03 Jan 2012, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

:lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I must admit, now karma has bitten him in the arse, we should now move on and consign Buckle to the history books once and forever, and his name hopefully will never be heard around tqy 1 again.
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

leetufc wrote:A double over Argyle and Buckle sacked, this year has started off quite well! :)
I second that emotion. =D
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Only a quick post from me for now.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

What goes around, comes around .....

Although there has been talk of him getting the chop for months now it seems, I always felt the two games over the weekend were crucial to him keeping his job and so it has turned out. I thought by the sound of his voice in the interview he gave Radio Bristol after the Barnet defeat that he knew his time was up. In all honesty when the home fans turn against you in such numbers and with such hostility as has been the case at the Mem over the last few games, it was always likely to end in this outcome. How ironic is it though that seemingly cash strapped BRFC may only be able to pay Buckle off as a result of his "achievement" (or luck) in getting them to the Third Round of the FA Cup and then getting a plum draw against Villa! Without the money from that cup run they might have had no option but to back him rather than sack him!

Like SG, I have also heard the rumour of a possible move to the States. I would be surprised if he sees his future over there but you never know. Realistically, despite his success with us, I seriously doubt his next job, should he decide to stay in England, would now be at League level, far more likely to be at BSP surely? Strange really, I would imagine he would "jump" at the chance to manage us should the opportunity ever arise in the near future (hopefully it won't given how well Lingy is doing) but doubt the Board would hire him a second time ..... perhaps he now feels he should have stayed here and built on the success he had last season, eh!!!!

As for his time at BRFC, I think by and large he recruited quite well and I personally felt they would be right up there at the beginning of the season (how wrong was I) but although he could point to some bad luck with long term injuries to the likes of Gill, Virgo and McGleish which didn't help his cause he also didn't help himself with his disastrous post match interviews - the one in particular where he suggested BRFC fans (who in the main seem to think they should be a Championship side it seems) should "lower their expectations" when sat in the lower reaches of League 2 ... that went down like the proverbial lead balloon with the fanbase! His tactical weakness also got found out in the end. I would imagine he regrets not spending some more of that huge chest of money he was given by BRFC in the summer in recruiting a couple of decent centre halves (Robertson and Ellis for example!) which in the main seems to be where Rovers have struggled rather than blow so much of his budget on forwards.... all too late now, of course!

It will certainly be interesting to see where 2012 takes him now ..... and as for BRFC, back to where we were in terms of how we perceive them. No problem, with them at all as far as I am concerned.
Last edited by CP Gull on 03 Jan 2012, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

gasrex wrote:Can we all be friends again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D :~D
Post of the month! :clap:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

CP Gull wrote:

It will certainly be interesting to see where 2012 takes him now ......

First stop? Dole queue :rofl: :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

This season is going so well that it wouldn't surprise me if we actually got promoted via the play offs and Bucks who just 6 months ago thought he was invincible and had the world at feet languishes as a repugnant unemployable pixie scrabbling around for jobs at lowly south west non-league minnows. That would truly be a victory for the wronged! Bucks has done part 1, we need Martin to complete part 2 and make Bucks physically bilious!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Buckle - what a selfish c*** !

When we should still be basking in the afterglow of the Argyle win, along comes the attention seeking cockhead and steals the headlines !

Not happy :@ Not happy at all :@ :@ :@ :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

for me i'm happy he's got the sack but in all honestly i would of preferred it to happen after we beat them at Plainmoor =) oh well second best thing was that it could of happened before his glamorous tie with Villa, so i'm not too disappointed lol i do wish Shaun North some luck while he takes the reigns because after all, if he didnt go to Rovers then his job wouldnt of been safe with us, so we cant blame him for leaving.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by gasrex »

forevertufc wrote:I must admit, now karma has bitten him in the arse, we should now move on and consign Buckle to the history books once and forever, and his name hopefully will never be heard around tqy 1 again.
I suspect there may be a few Buckle chants when we meet in March :~D
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

Trojan 67 wrote:Buckle - what a selfish c*** !

When we should still be basking in the afterglow of the Argyle win, along comes the attention seeking cockhead and steals the headlines !

Not happy :@ Not happy at all :@ :@ :@ :rofl:
not at all trojan,he cant takeaway the glory of yesterday =D =D =D =D =D sayin that though tis a great day 2 =D =D =D