Bodin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Would we be able to afford him on a permanent deal? I doubt it but fingers crossed he couldbe coming back!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Paolos meatballs wrote:Local press reporting he is possibly leaving Swindon on a permanent deal before the window shuts.
Would love to see him back here. Nominal fee, with a sell on? I can see Billy being the only one Ling looking to bring in permanently, seems a very, very keen admirer of BB.

Hopefully this does happen as if we are to continue this run I feel it's important we get another attacking option in, as we can't go with the 4 we currently have (excluding McPhee).
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

austrianandygull wrote:Would we be able to afford him on a permanent deal? I doubt it but fingers crossed he couldbe coming back!
DEFINITE NO.....we will NOT be buying him at the price they want !!!!!

Real shame as i really rated Billy...
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Here's the link: http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spor ... _Di_Canio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would love us to be the ones signing him. I very much doubt we could afford him, but who knows. Di Canio is, as we know, very unpredictable! Would be excellent news if Lingy could work something out though.

One possible destination, I suppose, could be Crawley, as they've just lost Matt Tubbs to Bournemouth. They're supposedly bringing in Frank Nouble from West Ham to replace him so maybe not.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'd imagine Crawley have their sights set on someone bigger than Bodin.

It'll be interesting to see how they replace Tubbs though, as he was their standout player by a mile.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I think we could have a good chance of bringing Billy in. It is well know he liked it down Torquay and he has said if he was to leave Swindon then he would like to go back to Torquay if possibile.

His contract is up at the end of the season; Swindon would have to offer him a new deal, for billy to turn down the deal to get a fee for compensation. Now i dont believe Billy will be as expensive as people think he would be, regarding all this we could be in a good position to offer a deal with add ons. We have budget left and if Ling wants the lad i think he may try his best.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by kingsgull »

tufcbrett wrote:I think we could have a good chance of bringing Billy in. It is well know he liked it down Torquay and he has said if he was to leave Swindon then he would like to go back to Torquay if possibile.

His contract is up at the end of the season; Swindon would have to offer him a new deal, for billy to turn down the deal to get a fee for compensation. Now i dont believe Billy will be as expensive as people think he would be, regarding all this we could be in a good position to offer a deal with add ons. We have budget left and if Ling wants the lad i think he may try his best.
tufcbrett.....the money that Swindon want for him is £150000....money we dont have....only chance if Crawley or another club dont get him maybe we might have a slim chance on a loan move again ???
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

£150k? Are you kidding me?
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by kingsgull »

NickGull wrote:£150k? Are you kidding me?
cross my heart hope to die....
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Blimey. Thought it'd be 50k tops.

Then again, it is Di Canio...
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

Im not being funny but they would never get that for billy. Well not straight out. They could get it with say 50k to start and the maybe 50k for a senior wales apperance and what ever.

When i was working at Cardiff we had players who were better than Bodin leave the club for far less than that. Im not making no guess, im going on experience of seeing players his age move on.

If it got to the summer, and any deal went to a an fa tribunal i cant see them getting that much money. When it involves young players they usually make it a average fee to start with then with add ons for thing that may happen in his time at that club.

I could be wrong, but hes not 150k at this stage of his career he isnt that good. We could get three decent players for that. If Wroe can sign for Shrewsbury for 45k from us then it shows what you can get for your money.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

But then liek Nick said, it wouldnt suprise me if Di Cano tried to get that sort of fee.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Inflation at its finest. In this case we shouldnt sell O'Kane for less than £5 Million.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by kingsgull »

totally agree with you ...i thought only Barry Fry puts out silly demands for players but i get i was wrong...step up a MR Di-Canio....

I just hope no-one will feel that he is worth that much and we get him back on loan.....never say never....
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

£150k for a player who can't get into their first team! Cuckoo!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.