Bodin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Bodin was an unused sub today, just so people know...

Although personally, I wasn't overly convinced by him. Would I take him back? Yes. Will it dramatically change the course of our season if we don't have him? Probably not.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

BACK ON TOPIC....

For those interested billy was a non-playing sub today
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

popside_yidlad wrote:BACK ON TOPIC....

For those interested billy was a non-playing sub today

I saw that, can't think where ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

My point about Murray going back to STFC appears to have been missed.

Bodin is now even further down the pecking order, surely making it increasingly likely that he will lose patience.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

There's a rumour that Billy Kee could be moving to Swindon, with Connell going the other way to Burton. If true, Bodin could be even further out on a limb there.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Let them sell Matt Ritchie and I'd happily let them give us that cool million for Eunan!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote:There's a rumour that Billy Kee could be moving to Swindon, with Connell going the other way to Burton. If true, Bodin could be even further out on a limb there.
I for one would feel a little miffed if that was the case. He moved from here on the premise that he was homesick and wanted to be nearer his family. If that is the case then moving back to the West Country will seem as if we have been misled.
Just because Swindon is a little close to the Midlands than we are doesn't make up fpr telling us he was homesick. If he wants to be near his family then he should be up near his family or withn close commuting distance. If he moves to Swindon then it will look like a made up excuse.Swindon is not a close commute.
He will have sullied his reputation here for some if not many.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It's probably borderline. Torquay to Leicester is 220 miles, Swindon to Leicester is 101. One's a long way away, the other is a couple of hours.

100 miles from Torquay would get you to Bristol. Personally I'd move to Bristol for a much better paid job. It's still close enough to pop home and back in a day without being driving all day.

I don't doubt that his homesickness was genuine in the summer and the move was in his best interests. 6 months later this would be another good move for him, a step up in terms of club and salary. It would be a totally different motive to his move away from us.

That said, it's a pretty rubbish rumour anyway as he's only allowed to play for 2 clubs in a season so he can't move again until the summer. Complete non-starter.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Gulliball wrote:It's probably borderline. Torquay to Leicester is 220 miles, Swindon to Leicester is 101. One's a long way away, the other is a couple of hours.

100 miles from Torquay would get you to Bristol. Personally I'd move to Bristol for a much better paid job. It's still close enough to pop home and back in a day without being driving all day.

I don't doubt that his homesickness was genuine in the summer and the move was in his best interests. 6 months later this would be another good move for him, a step up in terms of club and salary. It would be a totally different motive to his move away from us.

That said, it's a pretty rubbish rumour anyway as he's only allowed to play for 2 clubs in a season so he can't move again until the summer. Complete non-starter.
Agreed. Also what's not to say after six months with his family he's grown in confidence and regular football has given him the belief in himself to go on and have a decent career? I imagine after his season spent on the right wing and his lack of games for us in August, going back up north and finding his form and his happiness again was a priority. I really don't think that any of us are in a position to judge whatever is going on in his personal life. This wouldn't be quite as strange as the Muzzy saga.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Lol sorry must have missed that. Tbh I am having troubles with new mobile site especially with its loading or not of the correct page
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

popside_yidlad wrote:Lol sorry must have missed that. Tbh I am having troubles with new mobile site especially with its loading or not of the correct page

I had that problem also so I use the full version now.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

ditto, mobile version not fully usable at the mo....
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:ditto, mobile version not fully usable at the mo....
I can`t even load it!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

It works well - apart from it loads the wrong page when there is more than 1 on any topic. Great idea though and once running right will be a really useful thing.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Paolos meatballs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by Paolos meatballs »

Local press reporting he is possibly leaving Swindon on a permanent deal before the window shuts.