Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Regiment wrote:i stayed down in a hotel overnight, and was chatting to another tufc fan there, who, along with (he reckons) 200+ others were turned away 15mins before kick off apparently, so our attendance could've broken the 2k mark.
I doubt this is true, if 1 in 10 were locked out then there would be a lot of angry people on here.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

They did mention it on the commentary during the game that they'd had angry tweets/calls from people who couldn't get in before kick-off, so didn't bother. Seemed to be home fans though, not away.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gulliball wrote:They did mention it on the commentary during the game that they'd had angry tweets/calls from people who couldn't get in before kick-off, so didn't bother. Seemed to be home fans though, not away.
There were quite a lot of home fans locked out - there is a thread on it on their PASOTI site
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It was all our fans taking up their seats :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Some Torquay fans just missed the start because the cash only turnstile ran out of tickets about 15mins before ko. Quite a few in the queue when common sense prevailed and they let fans in by paying but not having a ticket.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Parry wrote: I doubt this is true, if 1 in 10 were locked out then there would be a lot of angry people on here.
I think we probably unofficially broke the 2k mark as a few were in the home ends with their Argyle mates..
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

NickGull wrote: I think we probably unofficially broke the 2k mark as a few were in the home ends with their Argyle mates..

You can deduct 1 from the total of 1938 as one Argyle fan was in the away end with his Torquay mates. :Oops:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Trojan 67 wrote:
You can deduct 1 from the total of 1938 as one Argyle fan was in the away end with his Torquay mates. :Oops:

Only his y-fronts were Argyle, and they were soiled :clap: :clap:
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:

Only his y-fronts were Argyle, and they were soiled :clap: :clap:

:Oops: :rofl:
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

stefano wrote: We easily had over 2000. I was in the Lyndhurst Stand with another Gull and under the stand before the game I saw 6 other people I know are Torquay supporters. Budleigh and several others were in the Mayflower Stand on the other side. As I don't know everybody I am sure there were at least enough in the home stands to take the Gulls followers over 2000 ;-)
I was in the Lyndhurst stand with my girlfriend and my mate and his girlfriend (he's an argyle fan though!) as I didn't want to risk not getting in to see that cracker of a game. It was interesting hearing some of the comments about Torquay from the fans around. They really do think of us as being tin pot - 2-1 x2 your tin pot Argyle!

As I've already stated in another topic, great singing from the Yellow Army, I was tapping my foot to the beat but there were some dodgy looking characters around me so unfortunately had to celebrate our goals in silence! Keep up that noise lads!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Louis wrote: As I've already stated in another topic, great singing from the Yellow Army, I was tapping my foot to the beat but there were some dodgy looking characters around me so unfortunately had to celebrate our goals in silence! Keep up that noise lads!

In silence with almost 11,000 others. :lol:

Should have gone to Spec......, oops, the Barn Park end. ;-)
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Knuckle draggers who are so stupid that they cant see what is in front of them......

Its Blue its Square Argyle are nearly there.....