Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

away fans.

Well done everybody, great atmosphere too. :scarf:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SHOULD HAVE been 1939!! Dammit. The yellow army was missing the 1939th man today. Sorry everyone! Bloody alarm clocks! Phenomenal turnout.
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 02 Jan 2012, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

match report on the OS now. http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Match ... 43,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

It was more than 1938, there were quite a few in the home areas too
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Fantastic turn-out. Well done to all that turned up from those of who wished they could have been there!
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=62268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep a fantastic effort, covered this on the match day thread, i thought the signing at times was out of this world, you could the noise echo, and at one point when the teams were coming out i think all 1938 were signing yellow army, just got to find a way of getting this noise level at home.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The Yellow army was all you could pretty much hear on the commentary....until the Gargs scored of course!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The Yellow Army was fantastic today!

I took about 6 or 7 videos of today's game, I have started to upload them onto our account, but it is taking forever! I will let everyone know when they have been successfully uploaded!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Crowd was brilliant today. Pleased to see we're getting some recognition from the home fans too.

I have to just make a quick comment on some of the home fans (not all, I have some very good friends who are PAFC supporters) right at the end. When your team needs just one goal to snatch a point and you've been piling on the pressure for a good 15 minutes, your first priority shouldn't really be heading for the exit door when the fourth official puts up his board. Surely?
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

great noise from the Yellow army so well done to you all....re leaving before games finished i think you will find the same happens at Plainmoor....look at your watches at 88 minutes played and theres a stream of people leaving....loved it when Nicho scored the goal in the 93rd minute...teached those who need to be the first to get to thier cars so i wouldnt patronise the Argyle supporters as it would seem all supporters seem to do it....
back on track...again great support today :scarf:
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Not meant to patronise at all, I know it happens at Plainmoor and all around the world but I was just surprised given the situation their side was in. If TUFC were 4-0 up I'd personally see it out and wait to applaud the team but I wouldn't necessarily begrudge others slinking off. But at 2-1 down and pushing for an equaliser the team may have been forgiven for expecting a bit more. Seems from looking at the link to the Argyle forum that many of the home crowd today would agree with that.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It works out at 83% of our average home support, based on an average of 2718 minus the average away following of 374 equaling an average of 2344 Torquay fans at each home game.

It also takes our own average away following up from 281 after the Accrington game to 432, so back above the figure of away fans at Plainmoor. Bristol Rovers still have to visit us, but we still have Oxford, Swindon and Cheltenham to play away, so I think we'll beat it.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i stayed down in a hotel overnight, and was chatting to another tufc fan there, who, along with (he reckons) 200+ others were turned away 15mins before kick off apparently, so our attendance could've broken the 2k mark.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Regiment wrote:i stayed down in a hotel overnight, and was chatting to another tufc fan there, who, along with (he reckons) 200+ others were turned away 15mins before kick off apparently, so our attendance could've broken the 2k mark.
We easily had over 2000. I was in the Lyndhurst Stand with another Gull and under the stand before the game I saw 6 other people I know are Torquay supporters. Budleigh and several others were in the Mayflower Stand on the other side. As I don't know everybody I am sure there were at least enough in the home stands to take the Gulls followers over 2000 ;-)