Argyle fan here

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ArgyleForever
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Plymouth fan

Post by ArgyleForever »

Well done today Gulls.

I thought we gave you a good game, and we matched you all over the pitch. Both sides had pretty poor defences but good attack forces. If Chadders did not go off injured I think we would have got a point or a win.
I think we showed how improved we are since we last played you. A couple players over the coming weeks and we will be fine.

Good game, a draw a fair result but I wont begrudge you a win.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

ArgyleForever wrote:Well done today Gulls.

I thought we gave you a good game, and we matched you all over the pitch. Both sides had pretty poor defences but good attack forces. If Chadders did not go off injured I think we would have got a point or a win.
I think we showed how improved we are since we last played you. A couple players over the coming weeks and we will be fine.

Good game, a draw a fair result but I wont begrudge you a win.

You didn't study at the buckle school of excuses did you?
ArgyleForever
New Signing
New Signing

Post by ArgyleForever »

Not making excuses in the slightest. The pitch was good, the ref was good and it was a good game. I am not saying the result is unfair.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Lots of our fans will have waited a long, long time to do the double over you lot - so gloating will be in large supply over here for the next few days.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Oh, and it was so, so, so, so good to hear Gordon Sparkes feeling so bloody sick!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

Absolutely lovely, 6 points from the cornish. Going down going down, going down GOWING DOWN. Now pop off to the conference GAWS fan. LMFAO!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Fairplay to you Argyle fan, I feel as if that was an honest assessment of the game.

I think you'll be fine this season, especially with a few more additions in defence.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Typed this twice now!

I do not feel it's a fair assessment. You did exactly what you did at our place, you were tight for the first half, but couldn't cope in the second when we upped the pace. We sat back at 2-0, and allowed you some space. You scored a goal from nothing and had a bit of a huff and a puff, but posed desperately few questions of a pretty comfortable back line, content to clear the ball away and await the next attack.

You are much improved over the side that came down to us, and you'll do fine against the rubbish at the very bottom of the division, but I fear that there may be just a few too many teams capable of taking points from you. Hope you stay up, lovely ground, perfectly decent supporters and THE best pre-match entertainment I have seen since the 2004 Champions League final.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Not really a fair assessment, I agree Matt. Our defence was solid and you broke it from a set piece. If we hadn't have been solid you'd have equalised. We were the better side in the second half, and took our chances. Is there an official number of away fans?
ArgyleForever
New Signing
New Signing

Post by ArgyleForever »

Official crowd: 12836
Away: 1938

The largest total crowd of the season in L2.

Good luck for the rest of the season Gulls, I think we will be playing eachother in league 2 again next season.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Really great turnout, that.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Some of our Argyle friends reckon we were the best away fans of the season so far so well done to the 2,000 (because there were a fair few in the Argyle areas). Best atmosphere I have been in since Bournemouth two new years ago
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

ArgyleForever wrote:Official crowd: 12836

Good luck for the rest of the season Gulls, I think we will be playing eachother in league 2 again next season.

I would hope so ArgyleForever. Maybe the Greeks can join us next season :devil: You'll be okay with a few additions and be a better force to be reckoned with next season.
To all my Argyle mates down in Cornwall!! Who are ya?? :clap:
Oblivion!!!!
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

ArgyleForever wrote:Official crowd: 12836

If only for the 6 easy points. While there is immense pleasure in watching your demise maybe being able to watch your death throes for another season does have some merit.

Fantastic listening on the Interweb last night. There were 5 hardy souls, Gray, Matt, Sal, Tokes and me on the yahoo cyber terrace. My neighbours witnessed and heard a tsunami of yelping and jigging about like a demented idiot. If they didn't know already they've decided I'm a wierd foriegner and my mrs has had a lot explaining and shoulder shrugging to do. Completely chuffed, well done to the lads and the youtube stuff was terrific.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

DTG wrote:
If only for the 6 easy points. While there is immense pleasure in watching your demise maybe being able to watch your death throes for another season does have some merit.

Fantastic listening on the Interweb last night. There were 5 hardy souls, Gray, Matt, Sal, Tokes and me on the yahoo cyber terrace. My neighbours witnessed and heard a tsunami of yelping and jigging about like a demented idiot. If they didn't know already they've decided I'm a wierd foriegner and my mrs has had a lot explaining and shoulder shrugging to do. Completely chuffed, well done to the lads and the youtube stuff was terrific.
Thought there was something weird about you from reading your posts! :lol: