Goal of the year

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Goal of the year

Kevin Nicholson (v Barnet)
38%
Kevin Nicholson (v Chesterfield)
No votes
Kevin Nicholson (v Bradford)
No votes
Eunan O'Kane (1st v Plymouth)
No votes
Eunan O'Kane (2nd v Plymouth)
50%
Danny Stevens (v Stevenage)
5%
Jake Robinson (v Shrewsbury)
No votes
Jake Robinson ( v Cheltenham)
5%
Billy Kee ( v Northampton)
No votes
Other (please state in post)
2%

Total votes: 42

JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Goal of 2011

Post by JamieE »

The OS has put up a competition of goal of the year.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 77,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nicholson and O'Kane have put their markers down recently but I think I'm going to vote for Danny Stevens' goal at home to Stevenage last season. Unbelievable technique to hit it on the half volley from 30 yards. Couldn't remember whether it was beginning of '11 or end of '10 but it turns out it was March.

Others I can think of: Kee away at Northampton, Jake Robinson away at Cheltenham and Nico free kicks at Chesterfield and Bradford.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

from the Official Site

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 77,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An easy one for me - I have voted Eunan's second against Argyle. True class!

I have started an online poll to measure the members views and will vote in both.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Just for the fact it was a last minute goal let alone a great strike, along with the celebration scenes I've gone with nico's V Barnet!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I voted for Nicholson's goal against Barnet! That's one of the best goals I've seen while watching Torquay for nearly 10 years. Kevin Hill's cheeky goal and Hilly's overhead kick was simply brilliant, so was Matt Hockley's strike against a team I can't remember! Nicholson's goal is up there with the best!

Good Luck Nico! :-D
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Rene Howe with his finish against Exeter pre-season would have won at a distance but after that it's O'kane with his piledriver at home to Argyle.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Think they missed a bit of a trick by not having videos of the goals on those pages. Worse, when you click on the player's name, it just goes to their profile page. Granted, it might be a bit of a rights issue with gullsplayer but I'm sure they could sort that out.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

[Merged topics - kept vote in.]
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

We all like to see the flash bang wallop, but I am going to suggest the Rene's opener at Sheff Utd was a goal of great beauty given the deft lay off from Mansell (assuming he meant it) movement of RH to collect and the efficiency of finish. Great goal. :goal:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I liked Rene's opener v Crewe and also the Nico free kick at Chesterfield but for me its the aesthetics of a top corner piledriver and the fact that it was the last kick of the game that nails it for Nico's goal v Barnet. Would have loved to have been there to join in the madness that ensued after that one amongst the yellow army.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Eunan's second, for me. In such a big game, scoring twice within 100 seconds was incredible. I've never gone so mental at a goal, though Nichos was unbelievable too. As was his freekick at Chesterfield! To be fair, all of those goals were excellent - Stevens against Stevenage was excellent too.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I vote for Chris McPhee's against Accy Stanley.... :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Now now Scott don't start him off !!! :lol: :lol:
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Eunan. No question. Not only because it was absolutely pinpoint from 35 yards, but because he had a split second to react to the keeper being about half an inch off his line, as well as the two or three players closing him down. A combination of instinct and skill.

That said, a lot of those were very special goals and Nico in particular has hit some corkers. I suspect he'll lose out to Eunan but in any other year he'd deserve to have won it.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bobby93 wrote:Eunan. No question. Not only because it was absolutely pinpoint from 35 yards, but because he had a split second to react to the keeper being about half an inch off his line, as well as the two or three players closing him down. A combination of instinct and skill.

That said, a lot of those were very special goals and Nico in particular has hit some corkers. I suspect he'll lose out to Eunan but in any other year he'd deserve to have won it.

Talk about bias, just cos you're fave player is Eunan you feel the need to vote for him. You won't catch me doing anything like that! ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

bobby93 wrote:Eunan. No question. Not only because it was absolutely pinpoint from 35 yards, but because he had a split second to react to the keeper being about half an inch off his line, as well as the two or three players closing him down. A combination of instinct and skill.

I'm with you on the goal Bobby but the Larrieu (sp) was miles off his line.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com