Football League Show Cancelled

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Football League Show Cancelled

Post by GulldenBoy »

I have just been perussing twitter and I came across why the Football League Show wasn't shown the other night...the bloody BBC is cancelling it for "budgetary reasons".

I'm extremely angry at this disregard for true football supporters. Give the rights back to bloody ITV if you're not going to show them!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -23665448/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its funny this - I cant remember the BBC slashing the cost of my TV liscense?!

Sickening blow to League football once again.

Shame on you BBC.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

To clarify, it's coming back on the 14th January, and will be on for the rest of the season. It wasn't shown on Boxing day for 'budgetary reasons'.

The contract is then up at the end of the season, so the rights will be sold to the highest bidder, which may still be the BBC or may not be. They will be 'free-to-air', so hopefully a decent channel picks them up and takes it seriously. ITV are awful at football coverage, especially lower leagues.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Aren't the football league hierarchy kicking off about their 'product' being treated with wilfull disregard and brushed aside by TV companies as though 72 league clubs and millions of supporters are not important? So long as some blazered old faggot is creaming hundreds of thousands of pounds in wages at the FL then why should they even be bothered i suppose? The lack of coverage is sickening. If the BBC haven't got enough money to show it then STOP PAYING PRESENTERS TO RAMBLE OFF ABOUT TRIVIA AND JUST SHOW US EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS / GOALS WITH A VOICEOVER AND SAVE MONEY YOU CLUELESS BUNCH OF TOSSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! This country astounds me with its abhorrent stupidity and lack of common sense at the very highest level of its prominent organisations. It appears to more qualifications you acquire, the higher profile your job and the most money you are paid you then become an arsehole with the neurological capacity of Jedward as babies! I love football and i pay my license fee BBC so show it you corporate buffoons!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I guess the BBC budget is divide into sectors. This raises two solutions.

Firstly, taken direct from the sports budget, stop paying Alan fecking Hansen forty grand a week to state the bleedin' obvious. Yes, Alan, there is a big gap where Jones should have been and that's why Smith has scored, that's because Jones was stretchered off 10 minutes beforehand. No, Alan, the goalkeeper shouldn't have miskicked that back pass straight into his own net, but he did, so say something interesting or feck off.

Alternatively, if we really do need someone to make insightful observations about the roundness of balls or the greenness of grass, then we steal from the news budget.
Sending a correspondent to South Korea to report on something happening in North Korea is like having sex with your nan in the hope of finding out what it's like to have sex with Amber Heard. They might as well go to a local McDonalds for all the relevance it has. So, save that money and give it to the FLS.

As Foreign Muck Andy points out, no one cares what the Asian bloke and his puppet think about the games because they don't know anything like as much about the clubs involved as the people watching. Imagine getting your mum onto MTVs Snoop Doggy Dog special (that's a thing, right?) and asking her to pass comment on his latest 'song'. She's just going to say its very loud and very bass heavy. Well yeah, we know, we heard it.

Idiots.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

TOO RIGHT!! :rofl:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote: Sending a correspondent to South Korea to report on something happening in North Korea is like having sex with your nan in the hope of finding out what it's like to have sex with Amber Heard.
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest having sex with Amber Heard is something that you, like all men, are unequipped to do.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Who else is going to provide at least a minutes worth of the key highlights of every league match of every weekend? BBC or ITV? I know which I'd prefer. ITV are god-awful, BBC, granted, it leans towards the Championship more than the others, but thats to be expected really.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Amber Heard, like all the best girls, swings both ways, Haps, which is nice.

As for money saving, the BBC can shove its 'culture' budget up it's arse as well. Remaking Pride and Prejudice and Great Expectations three or four dozen times a year is not culture, it's a grotesque waste of public finances and must be curtailed forthwith.

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

The Beeb can also stop sending oiks like Clarkson out to deserts in far flung places just to smash up and burn out cars!! They could do it on the cheap just by using CCTV footage of car parks in Hull. You get the same effect! :~D
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

So, they can't afford to show the Football League Show on Boxing Day and the 2nd January, yet they CAN afford to show Match of the Day, Match of the Day 2, Match of the Day 3 (the online show), plus Football Focus etc etc etc....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:Amber Heard, like all the best girls, swings both ways, Haps, which is nice.

As for money saving, the BBC can shove its 'culture' budget up it's arse as well. Remaking Pride and Prejudice and Great Expectations three or four dozen times a year is not culture, it's a grotesque waste of public finances and must be curtailed forthwith.

Matt.
I firmly believe that women (and indeed, men) who swing both ways are a lie, and just kidding themselves.

Pick a team, dammit.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

To be brutally honest, that show is godawful. I have watched it fairly regularly, but I much prefer to check iPlayer on a monday morning and watch the slightly longer highlights on each club's page (I usually check a few other clubs too, City, Argyle, Carlisle, Rovers...). If this is tied in with the rights connected to the FLS then I'd really miss that, and of course it could also be a blow for lower league football if the void is not sufficiently filled.

But as for the actual 14-hour long show served up like some kind of amateur cross between Match of the Day and Crimewatch, skimming unapologetically through each game as if there's some kind of Sonic the Hedgehog-style time bonus, analysed by people who probably gather their team information from the paragraph printed in the morning papers... No, I won't miss that one bit.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

who's amber heard??

disgusted by the beebs decision here, its a poor show, but our only chance of seeing our team on tv, agree, cut the talking heads, who rarely say anything interesting and just have the talkover that the individual clubs highlights have on the beeb website.

time for an email/twitter/facebook campaign a la bbc radio 6?
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

bixieupnorth wrote:who's amber heard??

disgusted by the beebs decision here, its a poor show, but our only chance of seeing our team on tv, agree, cut the talking heads, who rarely say anything interesting and just have the talkover that the individual clubs highlights have on the beeb website.

time for an email/twitter/facebook campaign a la bbc radio 6?
Lots of people, we imagine, she's in her 20s and, so far as I know, has no problems with her aural perception...

Matt.