Football League Show Cancelled

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

[quote="bixieupnorth"]who's amber heard??disgusted by the beebs decision here, its a poor show, but our only chance of seeing our team on tv, agree, cut the talking heads, who rarely say anything interesting and just have the talkover that the individual clubs highlights have on the beeb website.

I was gonna ask the same question Bix but feared ridicule from my yellow peers who probably can't believe i / we don't know. Seriously, i haven't got a 4x2 who she is. Probably some waste of space off a TOWIE / Geordie Shore type show most probably.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

Football league show is mind numbingly dull and and often patronising as another poster pointed out, fans of clubs in lower divisions clubs are very knowledgable (sometimes....) There isn't time to show 36 games and have anything more than 1 sentence about most games. lets face it Claridge basically just says that player/manager/club is doing well/ok/badly. Whats the point?

Scrap this snooze fest and put highlights on each clubs internet page. Then make a program that showcases, say 10, games from the three divisions and go into them in depth. Show it on Sunday or Monday and pick the best/most influential games, not just who the Championship leaders are playing.
This way those of us who just want to see our highlights don't have to drag ourselves through every other game, and we get a proper football show with time to go in to detail.

Hopefully ITV can pick up the reigns, as clearly the beeb is pissing all money on big wages and 2 weeks in August.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

They did have a brief stint of trying to do regional highlights with more in-depth highlights and chat on those teams, and I thought it worked quite well, but they did put it on after all the football shows and on Monday night at about one in the morning, so it was hardly easy to watch!

I think that could work if they did that again, but obviously just show every region's version when the FL show would have been on. It would mean we would have to put up with watching the highlights of the Bristol teams and possibly Swindon, but in fairness, i would rather be watching what's going on with our local sides in their respective leagues than seeing what Carlisle is up to.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

The FLS was frustratingly crap, but as an exile it was my only way of getting to watch the goals. The BBC player thing doesn't work in Thailand due to "contractual reasons", so I used to download the prog from TPB and watch it on a sunday. I won't miss that thick blonde haired bint wittering on about fans emails, she really had a face that you wanted to slap! Steve Claridge is a knob. The only shining light was our Leroy on the odd occasions they had him on (maybe i'm being biased there). But I would rather it was there with all it's faults than not. Shameful decision!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

austrianandygull wrote:The Beeb can also stop sending oiks like Clarkson out to deserts in far flung places just to smash up and burn out cars!! They could do it on the cheap just by using CCTV footage of car parks in Hull. You get the same effect! :~D
Yes! and they should stop showing cooking & dancing programmes, or amalgamate them.We could have a programme called "Strictly come cooking" with a lot of fit dancers in short skirts & low tops ( I like the blond Russian one with the big ti#s ). it would be low budget as all you would need is a chef, an oven, a few sausages & a couple of gay judges. The money saved could be spent on football coverage. :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :lol: :scarf: :scarf: :lol:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Honestly you lot, faggots to a man. Who's Amber Heard? Probably some northern bint. She is, among other things, a leading light in the new Sherlock Holmes movie alongside Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law.
Not having heard (I'll do the jokes) of her previously shows you up as not watching Top Gear either. Am I the only real man left?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ferrarilover wrote:Honestly you lot, faggots to a man. Who's Amber Heard? Probably some northern bint. She is, among other things, a leading light in the new Sherlock Holmes movie alongside Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law.
Not having heard (I'll do the jokes) of her previously shows you up as not watching Top Gear either. Am I the only real man left?

Matt.
Just googled her she is not as fit as that Russian bint with the big ti#s! :lol: :bow: :clap: :clap: :na: :na: :lol:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Honestly you lot, faggots to a man. Who's Amber Heard? Probably some northern bint. She is, among other things, a leading light in the new Sherlock Holmes movie alongside Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law.

Matt.
A friend of mine won some competition to go to the Premiere of Sherlock Holmes and supposedly pretty much every guy in the cinema was looking at her when she wasn't on screen!

She is orgasmically hot. For anyone who hasn't seen her, google her and then we'll see you in 20 minutes.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

GulldenBoy wrote:Give the rights back to bloody ITV if you're not going to show them!

You're joking, right ? :|

The ITV highlights of the FA Cup this season have been atrocious.

The best way to enjoy the "highlights" is to actually be there as it's happening and let nothing distract you from the action on the field, or off it, including Boots & Laces.

:Oops: :rofl: ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

cambgull wrote: A friend of mine won some competition to go to the Premiere of Sherlock Holmes and supposedly pretty much every guy in the cinema was looking at her when she wasn't on screen!

She is orgasmically hot. For anyone who hasn't seen her, google her and then we'll see you in 20 minutes.

20 mins??!! She can't be that hot then :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Ok, so she is not as hard on the eyes as her aunt Thora...
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
20 mins??!! She can't be that hot then :-D

Must of meant it to mean 20 SECONDS. :lol:

When they're really hot, the secs don't reach double digits. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Obviously I just have much better stamina than the rest of you!
Luke.

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Or much, much longer cigarettes ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Well I'm way too used to being Kingsize!
Luke.