Parking @ Plymouth

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

austrianandygull wrote:
It was a bit tongue in cheek Happy but i' actually agree with you also.If i were a Pole, Romanian, Lithuanian, Italian or any denomination of immigrant and i went to another country to live and bring up kids then i personally would want to immerse myself and my children in the language and culture of that country. Not what most immigrants to this country do and live in expat communities and open up shops selling wares from their country of origin. Whats ther point? The reason why i would have chosen to leave a country to go to another one is for a better life as i am p****d off with the life my country of birth/upbringing has given me so why would one wish to live near people of like kind and eat/drink stuff from back home? Doesn't make any sense to me either Happy. Anyway, sorry for that tangent everybody and cheers for the info Troj.
There are quite a few 'British' shops here, weirdly. I was extremely pissed off when I bought a steak and kidney pie and a cornish pasty, only to discover later on that they were made in Chicago. Sometimes I get a hankering for Ribena, which helpfully they sell in the supermarkets. (it costs about £7 for a bottle of the cordial, though).
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Its ok to pine for things you've been used to growing up in another country, thats natural but if i went to a restaurant in Finland say i wouldn't ask if they had any Budweiser and Fish & Chips, i'd get one of the local beers and eat some of the local food otherwise you may as well join thousands of other Brits who do exactly the same thing in Benidorm but most of them don't even know where Finland is so thats why they go to Spain. Abroad is Spain. :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:Anyway, sorry for that tangent everybody and cheers for the info Troj.
You're welcome Andy.

The train is a definite maybe at the moment as opposed to a definite certainty.

My brother (he supports dirty Leeds as his second side) and I have Yorkshire blood in us (on our mother's side) so you'll be in good company on the railway station route, especially on the way back. ;-) :nod:

A chav with a knife is no contest against a practitioner who can avoid, seize, disarm, take control of the weapon and make them fall on it without it leaving their possession and without the practitioner's fingerprints on it. ;-)

As yet though, I am unable to outrun a bullet. :(

Best then to keep selecting friends of good character and to avoid places known for their dubious reputation. ;-) :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

S**t Troj. I think i'd rather go in the car and sit in it for an hour after the game rather than o the walk of certain death back to the train station!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:S**t Troj. I think i'd rather go in the car and sit in it for an hour after the game rather than o the walk of certain death back to the train station!

:lol:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Don't worry Andy, Plod know the train time and will be strategically placed along the route.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Trojan 67 wrote:
After the Peverell Park Road junction you will notice Beauchamp Road (which is no entry) on your right with Ladbrokes on the corner. While in the outside lane you will go past first Onslow Road and Belair Road (together with Beauchamp, all are on your right) until your reach Meredith Road (again on your right).

Meredith Road is the road you need to take. Begin you mirror/signal/manoeuvre directly after the Peverell Park Road junction. If there is nowhere to park in Meredith Road, you can do a right/right in Elpinstone Road and come back down Belair/Onslow Road to see if there are spaces there.

I've never had a problem parking in Meredith Road, only time is when I get there less than an hour before kickoff. To be sure, get parked up 1.30pm for the 3.00pm kickoff.

Update : never went on the train as a designated driver was found.
The only thing that's changed to the requirements to access Meredith Road, is a banning order preventing a right turn across the carriageway. Meredith road has no "resident only parking" so was able to park up no problem - first space close to the Outland Road junction - enabling a quick getaway after the match. Got back to the Union in Plainmoor at 17:55. :-D

Save this thread Andy as you will need it for next season (that is if Torquay don't get promoted and/or Argyle don't get relegated). ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Much appreciated Troj. If both teams are playing each other next season i shall definately get there and use your directions mate. Cheers.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:Much appreciated Troj. If both teams are playing each other next season i shall definately get there and use your directions mate. Cheers.
That's what you said this season. :lol:

Nice day was it in Derbyshire/Tamworth/Derbyshire yesterday ? :lol:

An update Andy to the driving/parking arrangements to get to Meredith Road :

Carry on along Outland Road and under the footbridge over the road. Signal left and take the filter lane which ends at traffic lights. While stationary at the lights, the Home Park car park is to your left. Now signal right and rejoin Outland Road and come back along it and turn first left in to Meredith Road.

For full details google street view. :-D