Parking @ Plymouth

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Parking @ Plymouth

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Sorry if this post is a bit boring but as a non-resident of Devon and someone who has only been to Plymouth on 3 occasions whilst on holiday and not knowing the area. Could one of you kind fellows who know Plymouth please advise me on the best place to park nearest the ground. I've checked the internet grounds guide and they say there is a car park outside the ground which i've seen as i've driven past it on my way into Plymouth from Tavi but if you go on the official PAFC website it says you should park on the adjacent Outland road car park, but Outland Road is a dual carriageway isn't it? Plus what is in the area around the ground? Any shops, supermarkets, bookies? I'm making a hefty trip so would like to get there early and secure a parking berth and saviour the atmosphere as i've never been to a devon derby. If any of you have any tips or advice for me then i can't thank you enough. Cheers fellow yellows.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You can park in the grounds of the stadium, Andy. Just have your wits about you, it's not the friendliest of places.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have allways parked in there main car park, if remember rightly they have a section of parking for away fan's in that car park., however as Dave says above best to get back to your car and out of there as quick as, although apart from the odd bit of passing verbal's , i had no problems down there.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Dave. I suppose i might get away with it if i don't wear colours. I have the broadest of yorkshire accents and i'll just say i'm visiting relatives for the New Year and thought i'd take in a game if anyone asks / demands. Surely i'll get away with that?! I know i've just blown my cover to any Pilgrims reading this but sod it. I'll just put on a scouse accent if anyone asks questions, shite i've blown my cover again! No' i'll do a geordie accent, shite done it again. Tell you what, i'll just speak German and the Gargs will be so unaccustomed to hearing somebody without a west country accent that they will just begin spitting involuntarily whilst retreating into the distance shouting,' help - its an alien!'. Seriously though Argyle fans, if you come across me please don't attack me, i have kids!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Just say "F**k Off, or I'll be back" :clap: :clap:
Dave

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Unbelievable Jeff, sorry, Unbelievable Dave!! Thats good. But Arnie ( who is from Graz, the same city my Oma was from ) is now an American i believe, stupi t**t! The Austrians were so galled at this snub that the home of Sturm, the Arnold Schwarznegger stadium was renamed the UPC Arena. Anyone who sticks two fingers up at the Motherland should be named, shamed, flogged and forced to live in Accrington for a year.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

What's the difference between the former Austrian corporal and the former Austrian actor ?

One said : "I'll be back."

:O :O :O
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

That car park can be a nightmare to get out of, from experience.

We're probably going by train.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

When you leave the A38 after seeing the PAFC Home Park sign, its the second left turn off the roundabout that takes you onto Outland Road. Follow Outland Road past the Peverell Park Road T Junction traffic lights (it will be on your left together with some shops on the left corner, and the gradient of the road will gently even out.

You will notice greenery on your left and terrace housing on your right. In the distance you see a footbridge over the road as the road slopes up a gentle gradient. Be in the outside lane as you will be turning right across the other two opposite lanes to your parking place.

After the Peverell Park Road junction you will notice Beauchamp Road (which is no entry) on your right with Ladbrokes on the corner. While in the outside lane you will go past first Onslow Road and Belair Road (together with Beauchamp, all are on your right) until your reach Meredith Road (again on your right).

Meredith Road is the road you need to take. Begin you mirror/signal/manoeuvre directly after the Peverell Park Road junction. If there is nowhere to park in Meredith Road, you can do a right/right in Elpinstone Road and come back down Belair/Onslow Road to see if there are spaces there.

I've never had a problem parking in Meredith Road, only time is when I get there less than an hour before kickoff. To be sure, get parked up 1.30pm for the 3.00pm kickoff.

Walk back down Meredith Road and turn right into Outland Road. As you walk to the footbridge on Outland, the road gently slopes away again and Home Park comes into view on your left. Less than 10 minutes from parked up to inside stadium. 5 minutes if you choose to gently jog.

My trick was to be close to the exit gate but with the field of play still in view, then on the final whistle it was a sprint back to the car and away from the ground before the car park traffic clogs the escape. I say was, because, I can't be arsed to run anymore. In any case, this time I'm going on the train, as I shall be partaking of much liquid refreshment. :clown: :) ;-)

For further details, go the google earth and type in the named roads.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Spoken like a true Garg............ ;-)
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Spoken like a true Garg............ ;-)

:Oops: :rofl:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Thanks for all the information everyone. Just three more questions though if i may be so bold? (actually that is a question in itself so i guess it makes four). Is the car park at the ground the park & ride? How long after the match will it take to get out of the car park? Is the walk from the train station walkable and safe?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

austrianandygull wrote:Unbelievable Jeff, sorry, Unbelievable Dave!! Thats good. But Arnie ( who is from Graz, the same city my Oma was from ) is now an American i believe, stupi t**t! The Austrians were so galled at this snub that the home of Sturm, the Arnold Schwarznegger stadium was renamed the UPC Arena.
Yeah, he'd have to be an american citizen to run for public office. That worked out brilliantly.
austrianandygull wrote:Anyone who sticks two fingers up at the Motherland should be named, shamed, flogged and forced to live in Accrington for a year.
Off topic, but I dunno if I'd agree with this. People move countries for all sort of reasons - you could argue that Arnie should be commended for contributing to the running of the country (rather than just taking a passport and keeping quiet). Of course, you can argue about how much he did for California but at least he gave it a go.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:Thanks for all the information everyone. Just three more questions though if i may be so bold? (actually that is a question in itself so i guess it makes four). Is the car park at the ground the park & ride? How long after the match will it take to get out of the car park? Is the walk from the train station walkable and safe?

Car Park I haven't done for years, as the last time I was there it took me an hour to get out and another half hour before I was on the A38 heading home.

The walk from the station is 20 - 30 minutes tops and all up hill except for the walk down to Pennycomequick Roundabout.

Exit from the station and turn right down the hill to Pennycomequick Roundabout. Turn right at the roundabout into Central Park Avenue then first left up Wake Street. At the top of Wake Street walk onto Central Park itself. Carry on up the grassy bank until you meet the tarmac path then bare right. The path takes you directly to Home Park.

On the way back, run like the wind and you can be back at the station in less than 15 minutes.

As for safe, do you mean safe from tumbling down the grassy slope on the run back, or safe from the Central Park Element waiting in ambush ?

If you run down that grassy bank when it's wet then you will certainly go arse over elbow. As for the CPE, I've never been a member, and in any case, I've always had my Garg colours on. :Oops: :rofl: ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

happytorq wrote: Yeah, he'd have to be an american citizen to run for public office. That worked out brilliantly.
Off topic, but I dunno if I'd agree with this. People move countries for all sort of reasons - you could argue that Arnie should be commended for contributing to the running of the country (rather than just taking a passport and keeping quiet). Of course, you can argue about how much he did for California but at least he gave it a go.

It was a bit tongue in cheek Happy but i' actually agree with you also.If i were a Pole, Romanian, Lithuanian, Italian or any denomination of immigrant and i went to another country to live and bring up kids then i personally would want to immerse myself and my children in the language and culture of that country. Not what most immigrants to this country do and live in expat communities and open up shops selling wares from their country of origin. Whats ther point? The reason why i would have chosen to leave a country to go to another one is for a better life as i am p****d off with the life my country of birth/upbringing has given me so why would one wish to live near people of like kind and eat/drink stuff from back home? Doesn't make any sense to me either Happy. Anyway, sorry for that tangent everybody and cheers for the info Troj.