Taiwo Atieno

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bigleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Taiwo Atieno

Post by bigleigh »

With Rene Howe now suspended for 4 games does anyone think Atieno can fill Howe's boots?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

With a few extra pairs of socks on, why not? ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Playing for another contract usually starts later in the season but for Taiwo it starts now! Time to step up and prove you deserve to be counted - I hope he can do so!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Strikes me as one of those who pops up with the occasional very important goal, his finish at Bristol Rovers away was one of high quality.

Money on an Atieno last minute winner at Plymouth in front of the travelling support? =D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Tai knows this is a big chance and should he not perform his career at yet another club could be over. We can speculate all we want but we're either gonna see the real Atieno or we're gonna see a player who yet again has failed and should be moved on. I hope for him and us he can do well and prove that he has the ability.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

no pressure then !! =D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

There is no pressure on Tai its pretty simple, if he works hard, gives 100% for the club on the pitch, looks to get the ball at every opportunity and doesn't let his head drop and sulk if we're 4-0 down and being battered then thats all i can ask as a fan. Any player regardless of ability should at least be able to perform these tasks. Like i said on another thread, if he doesn't score for four games then fine so long as he is there to create or miss opportunities and can offer us something else if opportunities are not coming like getting involved in the game. People who are expecting him to come in and crack off a few hat-tricks are lack reality and i just hope Tai doesn't get booed if he is not scoring but working his knackers off. That would be unfair and unreasonable. If i were Martin i'd just say' look Tai, this is your chance to have a decent run in the team and to show me what you've got to offer - take it with both hands, give 110% for me, the club and the fans out there - gaaaaon maaa san!!!'.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Martin Ling would not have brought Taiwo to the club if he had not thought he could do a job. So yes, he certainly can come in as an excellent replacement for Rene. But will he actually produce the goods at this time? We'll see. Just give the guy a chance and our full support..
TorquayBoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by TorquayBoy »

To be honest, I think the skill could be there already if he really went for it! I can't blame him for not always putting 100% effort in, look how many clubs he's been at :O
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwo_Atieno" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

In Rene's absence, I wonder if Ling has given more than a milliseconds thought about Ellis up front , he would certainly make a nuisance of himself, great in the air.... :keepie:
Remember Paul Warhurst and Chris Sutton they both made the transition to great effect...Hmmm >:(
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

TorquayBoy wrote:To be honest, I think the skill could be there already if he really went for it! I can't blame him for not always putting 100% effort in, look how many clubs he's been at :O
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwo_Atieno" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

to be honest, had he put the effort in, he wouldn't have had that many clubs. depends how you view it, but i expect one of our players to put in 100% at all times. he does get paid for it after all.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Im sure he will play to the best of his ability and offer something to the side. If he doesnt score then its not the end of the world. Howe has scored in 4 or 5 of the last 10 games which is a decent record for a striker. Im not to worried about him playing.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Personally i'd much rather McPhee played, and it takes a lot for me to say that. Taiwo has been so poor in front of goal. I really hope he proves me wrong and it's obvious he is putting in 100% effort, it's just that these next few games are big high pressure games, and i'm not sure he's ready.... hope he proves me wrong!
I agree with you pal. McPhee scored an assured finish from the bench last week, so why not reward him with a start up front? It would at least show McPhee and Taiwo that if they score goals, they will be in the team.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Southampton Gull wrote:With a few extra pairs of socks on, why not? ;-)
:rofl: try a little extra cheese for flavour
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Taiwo Atieno has done well in the three games played over the festive period. Time now for Tai to go on a prolific goal scoring run and keep the fridge/freezer on the bench. :nod: ;-) :O
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"