any more tuesday night matches at plainmoor?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

any more tuesday night matches at plainmoor?

Post by bixieupnorth »

if there are then tonights fantastic result in switzerland should add a few to the gate!!

god i hate them so much, so so so pleased that they've not made it through the group stages! thursday night live is a new experience for them!! hahaha!!

manchester derby for europa final anyone?
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

United are now knackered. No FA Cup, on league cup no champions league and no league title. Maybe Fergie would love to be back in the Carling Cup now? They look totally unconvincing and some of their players are bloody awful. Welbeck, England prospect so must be good, poor England and Macheda is a laugh a minute. Evans is poor worse than O'Shea. Fergie is the master but i get the feeling that time is time. City on the other hand are a disgrace. ALL that cash all those players and Napoli beat them to it. I shouldn't think they give a toss though as they all pocket millions anyway. Put it this way, if Barcelona had been in Citys place and Real Madrid had been in Uniteds, would they be out now? Exactly. Different gravy.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Absolutely fantastic ! So glad to see petulant Rooney & Giggs OUT !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You lot are Torquay supporters, why do you care what happens to Manchester United?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i care because there are about a million man ure fans in devon, who could, and should, be supporting their local teams, not some premiership side from the other end of the country. therefore, the worse these big teams do, the more chance there is of some little kid deciding to support torquay united.
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not certain there is though, because there will always be a Premier League champion, so there'll always be someone to support.
The Premier Leagie clubs can plead the Nuremberg Defence, if it's not us, it'll be someone else, so it might as well be us.
I say, let the big boys do their thing and good luck to them, I really couldn't care less provided TUFC beat Barnet on Friday.

Matt.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm not certain there is though, because there will always be a Premier League champion, so there'll always be someone to support.
The Premier Leagie clubs can plead the Nuremberg Defence, if it's not us, it'll be someone else, so it might as well be us.
I say, let the big boys do their thing and good luck to them, I really couldn't care less provided TUFC beat Barnet on Friday.

Matt.
Oh Mattypoo's judging by the Man.c threads you have done, i had you down as a closet Man.u fan.. :na:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I normaly wont watch Man.u because the baised commentators who go on to the point it makes me feel sick, last night i did watch the game , as like most had a feeling they would get knocked out.

And the commentry well all you got all game long was , after every free kick given against Man.u, "he just fell over","minimal contact", "how was that a free kick" Yet when the boot was the other foot, well you know, notice how that gobsh#te Irish fellow soon shut up after the second went in.

Atleast Roy Keane spoke with honesty after the game.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote:You lot are Torquay supporters, why do you care what happens to Manchester United?

Matt.
You are a Torquay supporter - why do you care what happens to Brizzle Rovers.... ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You know full well the difference Scotty.
My main problem with City us that they are, naturally, a club on a par with Stoke and Fulham and Wigan, sort of nothing clubs who aren't ever going to mount a serious challenge, but will bumble along. They are a club you sign for if you're not quite good enough to play for one of the really big boys. Yet, suddenly, they, through absolutely no endeavour at all, find themselves possessed of the riches of the World and suddenly, everywhere you go, kids in City shirts, players on £300,000/week kissing the badge and claiming its their life's dream to play for City, when, in reality, until the money arrived, they'd have struggled to point to Manchester on the map.

It's all just a bigger, more stupid repeat of what Chelsea did a few years ago. You couldn't move for Chelsea shirts 5 years ago. Where are they all now that The Blues haven't won the league for a few years, absolutely nowhere.

I have always freely admitted here and elsewhere that I have followed United for years. The football they play is, at times, beyond belief. Sadly though, my enthusiasm has waned in recent years, specifically because it's all got stupid.

As for the free kick situation from last night, given that United had 100% possession, I really fail to see how the referee managed to award more free kicks to Basel than he did to United. The worst of it all was that on Sky Sports News, Ian Dowie was adamant that Basel were the better side and that United deserved to lose, he certainly didn't watch the same game that I did.

Matt.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

comparing City to Wigan and Fulham is laughable. City have always been a big club in terms of fanbase and tradition, their crowds in the 3rd tier would dwarf a lot of Premiership clubs crowds. Far more so than Chelsea ever have. Chelsea have in the past had below 10,000 for Premiership matches. That would never ever have happened at Manchester City.

Even before the money Manchester City would have been on a par with your Everton's, Villa's, Spurs of this world. That 4th-10th region of clubs. The money has taken them into the top 4 but they have always been one of the 'bigger' clubs in England, without a shadow of doubt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You've fallen into the Bristol Rovers trap of assuming that 'big' club mentality has anything to do with it. City are ranked alongside Fulham and the like because, until the money came, they hadn't won a trophy (or even really come close) for a very long time.

Matt.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

There are 3 trophies, which if they want to only a few clubs can win. Why? Because they have or had the most money, the Premiership is a 4 horse race not a 20 team league from the very first whistle actually to give it it's due because Spurs have invested half a countries debt in players as well it's now a 5 team league and those same 5 teams if they really wanted to would contest the other two cups as well. Only reason they don't win them every year is because they put half a side out (because finishing 4th is more valuable to the club than winning either the FA or League Cups - RIP football). City have now joined that club, you can't seriously tell me that playing for Wigan carries the same amount of weight or prestige as playing for Everton for example. Even though Wigan have been in a domestic cup final more recently than Everton. Everton are a much superior club in comparison to them.

City were in that mid higher tier of clubs, they are now at the top table because a billionaire has bought them. That's the only way any club can bridge the gap, Chelsea were 1st and now City have because the top sides get that champions League money on top of their already heft wallets from the Premier League every year the gap widens between them and those middle sides.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sorry Matt, but putting forward the number of trophies won as an argument to who are the bigger or higher ranked club is just totaly flawed.

During the 1970's Man.c won 2 trophies to Man.u 1, Man.c finished higher in the league than Man.u 6 times , so by your reckoning Man.c were the bigger club during that period, to be honest i dont think Man.c have or will ever be a bigger club than Man.u.

From 1977 to 1990 Notts Forest won 1, league title, 4 league cups , and won 2 European Champions cups , in that same period Man.u won only 4 f.a cups, so are we suggesting that Notts Forest at any time in there history have been a bigger club than Man.u.

One final point Oxford won the league cup in 86, Luton in 87, does that mean they are both bigger than say Newcastle who as far as can see have not won anything of any note since 1969.

Also glad you brought up Fulham, they finish 17th in what is now know as league 2 in 1996, i think enjoying crowds of around 5000, when in 1997 Al-Fayed brought them pumped in millions and today they are only in the premier league because of this, they have won no major trophies in there history, so how do they compare to Man.c , other than the fact they both have billonare owners.

Royalgulls above posts are spot on to me, Man.u more than played there part in the invention of the premier and Champions league, which has helped them cream of as much of the moeny that goes in to English and European football as humanly possible, Royal is right the only way any club can bridge that gap now, is to get lucky and find a rich arab.

This post is no way meant to offend you Matt :-D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Not trophies alone to decide a club's relative size, I just happened to pick that as an example for this particular post. The point I was initially making was that City are a nothing team, and have been for years and years now. Yet, overnight, they become this team of superstars and everyone has always wanted to play for them and this and that. There has been only one club which has been a universal draw for the last 50 years and that is Real Madrid (I know some of you will come up with others, but this whole thing is so subjective, it's not really an argument worth having). Manchester United and Barcelona have come close, as have certain others like Bayern Munich, but Real have always been the Galactacos. Man City don't even come close to sharing the prestige of the aforementioned, yet, now they're rich and likely to win stuff, everyone wants to play for them and support them, it's fubar.

Matt.