Torquay Utd v Accrington 11/09/10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
pcm
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by pcm »

yellowmonkey wrote:I am going for a win on this one as there have been no heavy away dates during the week. Would like to see O'Kane and Kee start with Carlisle and Zebs. 3-0
I really don't think Bucks will change anything yet as we have had a great start to the season with a settled team . I would like to see O'kane given a league start in the near future in place of Wroe who in my opion has had a poor season . He every now and then picks a good pass out but most of the time gives the ball away ,doesn't track back, turns in to trouble or passes to no one and then jogs and moans . I think though the first change in the team will be Stevens with Zebs going out wide and Gritton up front with Benyon.
Last edited by pcm on 09 Sep 2010, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
TORQUAY TILL I DIE....
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Plymouth Gull: "Oh yes, my son is off to unversity this month- any advice on how to prevent it costing me a fortune? "

Tell him uni is character-building - needs to stand on his own 2 feet. ;-)
Wait till he's gone, then just move house. :lol:
Declare yourself bankrupt. :Oops:
Tell him to set up a bank account in a false name and get a hefty overdraft. :O
TUST member 200 ;-)
kingsteignton gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: chris zebroski

Post by kingsteignton gull »

1-0 Torquay (zebs in 81st minute) tight game should be expected
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

hi every1 a resounding 3 1 to the gulls by the formally hullgull
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

eastyorksgull wrote:hi every1 a resounding 3 1 to the gulls by the formally hullgull
You have become a Yorkshire snob hully.

Like the artist formerly known as Prince . ;-)
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

hey yellow ole boy neva bn called a snob ha ha still a torbryan through and through just here on loan
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by cosmic74 »

Going to be a really tight game, with arguably the 2 best defensive teams on show. But I have faith in Bucks and the team and we will be triumphant with a 1-0 win. Ellis with a headed goal from a Nicho corner early in the second half.
I live for matchdays!!!!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Revolting weather again today, wonder how slippery the pitch will be? At least I can take my time coming down if Nico isn't going to score till second half ;-)

Looking forward to the game, even though suspect it won't be the most exciting spectacle with the 2 mean defences (thank goodness Ellis didn't pick up the award...)

COYY!!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It's sunny in Wiveliscombe!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

But there's snow in Newton Abbot.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

As said, this will be a tough one. Accrington have started well, and conceding only once in 5 games is impressive (better than us! :O )

However, in my opinion, their attack has been significantly weakened over the summer, with the loss of Symes and Bobby Grant. Replacements such as Terry Gornell, Charlie Barnett and Rory Boulding won't pose AS much threat, in my mind.

McConville seems to be their man in form, having hit a hat-trick as they beat Macclesfield 3-0. He will have to be looked after by Branston and Ellis if he plays up front, as he could get the better of Nicho, if he plays wide.

As said in the Herald Express, I'm sure Sean Hessey is looking forward to returning to Plainmoor today. He had some playful banter with the Popside as we beat Macclesfield at the end of last season.

I think we'll stick to the same team - but I wouldn't mind seeing Zebs out wide on the right, O'Kane replacing Danny on the left, and then Gritton or Kee joining Benyon up front. However, I'm expecting it to be Zebs and Benyon up top, with Wayno and Danny out wide again.

I'll go for 2-1 Torquay, Benyon and Robertson for us; Proctor for them.

If people want it, I'll do a writeup of the opposition for each matchday thread, like I did for Northampton..

One more thing - totally off subject - but did that Northampton fan ever return to here after the game? I was on holiday, then when I got back, it was down..

:)
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Yes please from me to the write ups Nick. Thanks!
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

We will probably see Martin Gritton come in today, maybe for Carlisle with Zebs back on the right, Stevens on the left and Benyon up front. I'm glad we've got a home game because Stevens and Benyon haven't performed too well the last two away games, which isn't really their fault I think as the 4-2-3-1 system doesn't suit them down to the ground. They're under a little bit of pressure to perform now though as, unlike last season, we do have talented players waiting on the bench in Kee, O'Kane, Macklin and Carlisle.

Accrington have a good defensive record this season, we have a good defensive record this season. Prediction? 4-4
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by cosmic74 »

wivelgull wrote:It's sunny in Wiveliscombe!
It's sunny in the Irish sea too, but I would rather be in rainy Torquay :(
I live for matchdays!!!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

optimism here too, 3-0 win, zebs, benyon and okane, a disappointing 2706 watching
still keeping the faith