Torquay Utd v Accrington 11/09/10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Fletch wrote: Will you be the one in the flat cap with the whippet tied up outside and a ferret in your pocket? :lol: :lol:

edit: Just looked at the 5 day forecast for Torbay. Not good with s**tloads of rain expected. Could make the match a bit of a lottery :(
Alan Merson anyone?

(Merse, if you read this, I'm only kidding, I still think you're a nice guy.)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

I think you will find Merse uses his own name looking at the "welcome back" thread ;-)

Checked if your extra digits are growing in the Norfolk climate recently? :lol: :lol:
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

2-1 yellows.

Hopefully at least 3200 there. I'll be disappointed if its any less.

Really fancy Kee to score, really WANT him to! I reckon if he scores it will set the ball rolling for his season :)
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I'm going for a 0-0. I think many fans suddenly think we're a tip for the top now but i'm not sure about it yet. Teams and managers do manage to work out weakness to teams and look to chink holes in the good areas of teams. Clearly, our defence is performing well but i fear they could become vulnerable to people with real pace. If a ball gets in behind it could trouble the back line and i would say Ellis is our quickest defender and he isn't THAT quick!! I just hope that the defence can't get turned and we can continue to stay firm in defence and knick the odd goal at the other end. If we can do that then we could maybe sneak a play-off place. :) (Good effort to the team who got the site back online, i'm sure it was a tough job and your efforts are appreciated)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
nananana
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky Cave

Post by nananana »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
dont be soft fletch.........the ferret will be down me trousers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what i've heard, that's the only thing down your trousers! :mrgreen:
It's a sobering thought, but in a hundred years or less, every person that uses this site will be dead!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Will you be the one in the flat cap with the whippet tied up outside and a ferret in your pocket? :lol: :lol:

edit: Just looked at the 5 day forecast for Torbay. Not good with s**tloads of rain expected. Could make the match a bit of a lottery :([/quote]

dont be soft fletch.........the ferret will be down me trousers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

From what i've heard, that's the only thing down your trousers! :mrgreen:[/quote]

you shouldnt listen to idle gossip you flat headed lincolnshire muppet!! :lol: :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

nananana
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky Cave

Post by nananana »

I'm going for a 0:0 draw!

I do have a question for Gulliball though! Since this site has been "Off Air" I have predicted correctly all of our results and scorers, so I do hope this will be taken into consideration when the prediction league starts again! :rofl:
It's a sobering thought, but in a hundred years or less, every person that uses this site will be dead!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HardofHerringGull wrote:I'm going for a 0:0 draw!

I do have a question for Gulliball though! Since this site has been "Off Air" I have predicted correctly all of our results and scorers, so I do hope this will be taken into consideration when the prediction league starts again! :rofl:
you would say that wouldnt you Del??? :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Can only see a loss. Torquay 1-2 Accrington, Gritton for us with a late goal.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:Will you be the one in the flat cap with the whippet tied up outside and a ferret in your pocket? :lol: :lol:

edit: Just looked at the 5 day forecast for Torbay. Not good with s**tloads of rain expected. Could make the match a bit of a lottery :(

dont be soft fletch.........the ferret will be down me trousers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

From what i've heard, that's the only thing down your trousers! :mrgreen:[/quote]

you shouldnt listen to idle gossip you flat headed lincolnshire muppet!! :lol: :lol:[/quote]

as long as that ferret dont end up my trousers :O cris,oh are coming to the game del?
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

YellowMurphy wrote:Can only see a loss. Torquay 1-2 Accrington, Gritton for us with a late goal.
Genuine question.

Why? I could understand if you had said, I think we might lose, or I REALLY think we might lose, I think it'll be close and the points will be shared, but to be 100% certain of a loss, you do know what 'loss' means, right?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

1-0 Zebroski

2753 - 58 from Accers.
TUST #324
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Plymouthgull wrote:Feel we will win 2-0. Just hope the fans start turning up in greater numbers - Christ, what has the team got to do to motivate the South Devon public?! Four wins out of Five and defeating a L1 Club in a cup competititon. Come on folks - get up to Plainmoor!!!!
Oh yes, I also think the Board and club should set targets for increasing attendance over the next two seasons and focus the marketing on meeting these targets.
Oh yes, my son is off to unversity this month- any advice on how to prevent it costing me a fortune?
Guess I have missed this site more than I expected!!!!

I'll be down for the game from darkest Oxfordshire as we have a family golden wedding partry out at Bovey Tracey on the night so see you all there in B&L's before the game for a sherbert or three!! Oh, can't, as I am the duty driver but I'll have something non-alchoholic and pretend :rofl: Should get a narrow 1 - 0 win in this one I think. Two tight defences so don't expect a goal glut.

Anyway Plymouthgull afraid it cost me getting on for £15k over three years as we didn't want to pick up a massive £40k debt problem at the end of it all. Only way to avoid it is to get him working to pay something or move house and don't tell him I suppose. My little (big 24 year old daughter) treasure now buys me things so roll reversal in some ways. She still acts like a student, you know, drinking, eating cr**, protesting and generally refusing to grow up but hey ho, she lives in Cheltenham (just down the road from Whaddon Road) so It's no problem now. Anyway mate best of luck with that but when they graduate its the most emotional thing in the world and makes it all worthwhile. I had a tear in my eye and you will too.
Oblivion!!!!
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I am going for a win on this one as there have been no heavy away dates during the week. Would like to see O'Kane and Kee start with Carlisle and Zebs. 3-0
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

YellowMurphy wrote:Can only see a loss. Torquay 1-2 Accrington, Gritton for us with a late goal.
eh? - If you said a draw maybe, but dont know why you think we will lose?! You cant say a "loss" because of Southend game. We weren't going to win and play fantastic every game, we were goanna lose at one stage. And were 2nd, 12 points and our defence hasn't been broken, only by long range shots and haven't lost at home for 6 league games.

But ever the opomist :rofl:

YELLOW ARMY!! :) :) :) :) :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.