Wills 'n' Kate

General chat about anything else goes here.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Wills 'n' Kate

Post by westbaygull »

About time too. I love a good Royal wedding. Is everyone filled with apathy at this news story? Or are you, like myself, filled with good cheer and excited at the thought of a day full of pomp and circumstance and happy endings and dashing Princes... <blows nose loudly smilie>

Do you think it'll be a weekday and we'll get a day off?
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Wonderful news for the tabloids and glossies.

I can barely contain my excitement.

We had a day off the last time that engagement ring was flashed about. So why not?
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I got engaged a month ago and there was not so much as a sniff of media attention. Not even the Herald were after that particular scoop. Feeling pretty unappreciated after yesterdays events.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Fonda wrote: Feeling pretty unappreciated after yesterdays events.
Did you not hear Wills talking on tv, when he said 'Well, Fonda's getting hitched, so thought I would too....?' Thought you'd be papped on the way to work this morning. :O

Many congratulations Fonds, will you be getting married on the pitch? You could have the goal celebration music following your vows.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Not convinced that suggestion would be overly well recieved Jane! I popped the question, now it's a case of sitting back and letting the 'wedding planners' swing into action. It'll be handled with military precision. My input will be financial. Other than that, survive the stag do and turn up at the right church on the day.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Have to be honest hear and say i personaly could not careless about this royal wedding,and hope they get married next week so it does not consume the media for the years to come,and the thought of the media jeting off to New York ,Paris and Berlin,to ask there good people what they think of our wonderus forth coming royal wedding makes me want to blow chunks.

They said on the news last night in these times of economic strife this will bring good cheer,yep i can just see it,with more paople being threatened with losing there jobs,families disposable income being put under more pressure than ever before,people sat in front of the t.v, going yep i cant afford to put fuel in the car,the dog will to live on grass cuttings,but hey there is a royal wedding coming up and nice cup of tea,and everything will be just fine :)

Oh i must end on positive note,shane many congratulations,your a top bloke hope all goes well.
Formerly known as forevertufc
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Congratulations Fonda.

Not that fussed about the Royal family to be honest, they are where they are and who they are through coincidence of birth. But if you're a bit of a royalist then enjoy it, it doesn't happen often I s'pose.
At least plate makers will see their fortunes change for the better.
Heard it was going to be on a Saturday, sorry Westy. Could be wrong though.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I served Prince William in his chauffer driven Jag when he was doing pilot training at Cranwell. Never forgetting leaning out of Window 1 at a McDonalds and seeing Prince William staring back!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Congrats Fonda. :)
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Thanks all!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Day off, day off, woo hoo.....April 29th. A Friday. Although I have a sneaky feeling that may be school holidays anyway, hope not...

Oh. This is Wills n Kate's date, not Fonda's.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

It is school hols unfortunately. I'd earmarked that weekend for a trip down to the Bay and to take in a match. Better forget that, everywhere will have upped their prices already.