Martin Ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Shaun TALL (not to be confused with Shaun short up the road at Rovers) deserves credit together with all the backroom staff.

When I refer to the "group", it means everyone. Take for example the pitch this season. If you can't play football on that, you can't play football on anything.

Well done the groundstaff, including "Aussie" (that's the Australian, not the Austrian).

HOWESZAT !!! (Chesterfield all out) ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

HRG wrote:Ah Trojan, as ever you confuse me. :| :)

But if Rene's interview on the BBC is anything to go by then the answer is in the building of team spirit. All begun by Mr. Mansell, our most epic captain.

:nod: ;-)

. . . of team spirit
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

orient_fan wrote:Leyton Orient supporter here...if this rumour about Lingy going to you is true then I think that you have found made a very shrewd appointment.

Before he took over as our manager, we were looking more likely to be relegated from the division, yet Ling got us on the right track and after just missing out on the play-offs in his first season, we gained automatic promotion is second full season.

He will get you playing football in the right way and he has a knack of attracting good quality players to a club that's on a tight budget. Yes he was poor at Cambridge, but at League Two level (with a few more funds available) he'll have you battling towards the top of the division again. You'll be knowhere near the bottom of the league with Ling in charge, dont worry.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thought I'd say well done to Orient Fan, he got it spot on. I won't embarrass certain of our own supporters by quoting their posts, but anyone who wants to have a bit of fun can read through the thread... =D
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Bugger off Gullscorer. I am not being proved wrong lol
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

My initial post on the Martin Ling thread :

We have some very talented young footballers at the club who can actually play football. Agreed ?

Regardless of whether "Dinger" (Ling) can change from plan A to any other plan, he does like his sides to play football. At Orient, apparently, he had players who could play. At Cambridge, apparently, he didn't.

If Dinger can bring in footballers who fit in with the footballers already here then although there'll be a bedding in process initially, we should see the passing football of which we have become accustomed.

I look forward to the new season.

:nod: ;-) o:)
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

BritishGAS wrote:I was listening to the legendary Stone Roses, and thought of you. Its just a bit of fun.

Martin Ling, Ling, Ling's sending Torquay down.....Your going down!!!!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kinda forgot how smug the Brizzle fans were in the summer...

They deserved Buckle.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

They didn't deserve Buckle, but, being so smug and arrogant, thinking they were a big club with a divine right to be in a higher league, they deserved to be taken down a peg or two..
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Some of the stuff on this thread is comedy gold now....I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but most people on this thread looked like they were looking for some rope and a handy beam of wood.... :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Preserved for all etenity! He he. I hope some of the people who wrote those comments realise how silly they come across. Knee jerk, reactionary nonsense of the highest order! :red:

Perhaps a little more thought in future......

Interesting reading the Cambridge fans rambling on about how poor the quality of football was under him and how he was a terrible motivator. I wonder what their feelings are on our performance so far this season? :scarf:
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

My initial reaction was to be unimpressed as I quite liked the idea of a shiny new manager. But I said I'd support him. During the winless run I didn't call for his head (not that I can recall anyway), even though I lost my positivity and he has exceeded all my expectations of a nice, calm, uneventful, mid-table finish.

It has been a joy to be proved wrong.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Trojan 67 wrote:My initial post on the Martin Ling thread :
We have some very talented young footballers at the club who can actually play football. Agreed ?
Regardless of whether "Dinger" (Ling) can change from plan A to any other plan, he does like his sides to play football. At Orient, apparently, he had players who could play. At Cambridge, apparently, he didn't.
If Dinger can bring in footballers who fit in with the footballers already here then although there'll be a bedding in process initially, we should see the passing football of which we have become accustomed.
I look forward to the new season.

:nod: ;-) o:)
Very perceptive Trojan and I am pleased that I stuck my toe in on page 4 with an equally positive post, although andygull immediately tore in to me like a demented rotweiller! ;-)

It must be those of us of a certain age Trojan, after all we can't jerk knees or we would do ourselves serious and permanent damage! :~D
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Some people who wrote on this earlier must be hoping the servers crash again so this can't be trawled up!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...