Torquay United Anthem

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Torquay United Anthem

Post by NewtonGull »

sorry if this has already been posted somewhere but where's this anthem that the Back Step Army have created??

Apprently it was supposed to be done in time for the Oxford game?
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

I didn't know there was going to be an anthem? Also who are the Back Step Army?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Back step army are basically the group of singers who go to away games, and stand at the back. If I guess rightly, it was 'formed' at Shrewsbury?

As for the anthem, not a clue what happened with it. Maybe its still a work in progress :)
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Firstly the back step army was created at Hereford last season, when Alex and I got bored watching the game (from behind a concrete post) so made up our own chants.

We was building a song around "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" but due to time constraints and the fact I forgot to print off the lyrics it may have to wait until Wycombe....... although......... SG suggested that the "Everywhere we go" chant that I have started doing could be the anthem, especially as we now have it fitting neatly into "Yellow Army" at the end.
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

okay, let me get this straight because i havnt been to torquay game this season due to university.

is the back step army the bunch of kids/singers in the popside?

'awayday' as you said you started the 'Everywhere we go chant' i'm guessing your the drummer who was at aldershot last season?
i dont go to many games because of thr lack of atmosphere to be honest. but without brown nosing,the atmosphere is always electric when you and the drum are at games. do you go to every game now 'awayday'? cuz if so i may have to start getting back to games.

cheers
Last edited by NewtonGull on 09 Nov 2010, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

The Back Step army is the people who sing and go to almost every away game, who make the atmosphere, but with lots and most of the time all of the others joining in
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

BlueYellow wrote:The Back Step army is the people who sing and go to almost every away game, who make the atmosphere, but with lots and most of the time all of the others joining in
i just want to get this right- every away game the drum is there???

cuz if it is i know that myself and a bunch of my mates will definatly start going to more away games and join in with this.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

The drum goes to a few, all depending on 1-if paul is there and 2-if the clubs let it in
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

He was at Shrewsbury, and I can't remember if he was at Stevenage or not this time around.

But I agree with NewtonGull, the drum makes such a difference when its played well as you do, and it makes more people join in who wouldn't originally.

I much prefer away games to home because, as has been said, the atmosphere is alot better away, and although we don't have that many large followings, when we do, its quality. The one away game I can't wait for is Cheltenham in January, Im hoping that we'll take at least 1000 with it being a Saturday, and if the drums there, then I can already see the atmosphere being brilliant. :)
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NewtonGull »

the games i've been to when paul is there, (Stevenage 2009, Shrewsbury, Bournemouth, Histon, Oxford, Aldershot and i even remember Crawly at home the year we got promoted as a stand out game for atmosphere) its been buzzing and a real good day out and as a student i dont fancy paying £50+ to go to away games where the atmosphere would be rubbish. if i knew the away games that paul and his drum go to then i can guarentee at least 7 other Torquay fans to come to away games and join in with the atmosphere and make it a real good day out!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Just stay tuned in on here, we usually let people know when we're going :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
sexygulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by sexygulls »

Everywhere you go with Yellow army segue is great. Usually leads to longer Yellow Armies as people are already singing.
Though as Everywhere is pretty generic whoever's leading could adapt it to suit the occasion midway through before going into yellow army. Would make us Torquay fans look well witty and that.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Just to clarify...we have supporters that want to go to games, and that like making a noise, but will only go if someone else is there to 'start the noise making process'? Why not just go along, and if theres nobody else making a noise, try and make one yourself? Perhaps others will join in? Maybe that's why we can't create an atmosphere - because everyone is waiting for one man to turn up...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

As you gathered yes I am the drummer, the next game was going to be Monday night for the Barnet game, but due to it being moved back to the Saturday I cannot go. Therefore the next match will be Wycombe away (23/11/2010). December is going to be pretty quiet because I don't think I can make any of them due to most of my family having birthdays in December.
ChristheGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee :)

Post by ChristheGull »

Awayday wrote:Firstly the back step army was created at Hereford last season, when Alex and I got bored watching the game (from behind a concrete post) so made up our own chants.

We was building a song around "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" but due to time constraints and the fact I forgot to print off the lyrics it may have to wait until Wycombe....... although......... SG suggested that the "Everywhere we go" chant that I have started doing could be the anthem, especially as we now have it fitting neatly into "Yellow Army" at the end.

Paul, the 'everywhere we go' song/chant is awesome :)