Bristol meet up/roll call

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Bristol meet up/roll call

Post by Dave »

So how many of the site's members have tickets or are going to pay on the day?, who is up for a meet up, does anyone know an away fan friendly pub, maybe some of our visting Gashead's could suggest one.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Myself and Paul will be there, can't wait for this one.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I will be there, on the terrace
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Me + 2
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

terrace for me plus 2 others :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Is everyone on the terrace then?

I got seat tickets thinking that was where the drum + singers are going? Am I wrong?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Me and three others in the seating...Pauls also in the seating as I brought his ticket...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

All the usual suspects of The Yellow Army will be in the seated area ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I will be there, I can also offer lifts to any gulls fans around Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Northampton kind of area. PM me if you need one.

I'm guessing the seating area will be the chanting area? I shall get a ticket for wherever I can ruin my vocal chords!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'll be there in the seating area.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

There are plenty of pubs near The Mem-Ashley Arms,Wellington,Anchor,The Foresters-don't know which is best for Away fans though-sure a Gashead will advise?
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Yes +3 on terrace, can't wait!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i'll be there in the seated area, along with my mate and my son, provided the (correct) damn tickets arrive in time ;-)

if i remember correctly, i think one of the gas fans suggested a couple of away pubs for us, will have to look back through threads to find it, but will repost here if i find them.

EDIT : Just found the thread where i asked one of the rovers fans for advice on where the yellow army can head pre-match, but there wasn't a reply. i'm sure blueboy and friendlygas etc will be back on at some point, so they're sure to have a few suggestions for us.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Away fans are always welcome in the Anchor, which is where we normally start drinking but is abit further down Gloucester road (maybe 10 min walk to the ground). You can also drink in the club house bar at the ground.

There's also usually a designated away pub for big games, obviously I've never been in there but I think it's called the lion. It's also on the Gloucester road.

After the anchor we usually go in the Queen Vic for drinks, sometimes you see a couple of away fans but for big games it tends to be home fans only. Prob not the best place for you all if there's a big group of you.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

nice one blueboy :-D

also just found this snippet on the rovers website for away fans :-

There are many, many pubs along Gloucester Road and its surrounding areas that declare themselves as "football friendly zones" on Saturday afternoons and weekday evenings. The Wellington is always very busy and often sees crowds of supporters standing outside drinking when the weather isn't too bad. Other pubs include The Anchor, The Foresters and The Ashley Arms. As an area of the city that is popular with students, there is no shortage of pubs in all directions.

followed by some info regarding parking :-

You'll be extremely lucky if you can find a space on Filton Avenue unless you arrive a couple of days in advance. All of the areas around the ground are residential and you'll have to battle for spaces with the locals as well as other home and away fans and police cones. With very few exceptions, finding a space within a five to ten-minute walk is relatively easy - parking on Muller Road is a popular choice as is Gloucester Road although this is often more difficult. If Muller Road and Gloucester Road are busy then there are many other roads across the other side of Gloucester Road - travel past the Wellington pub along Kellaway Avenue and you'll find another area of roads often used for matchday parking.
Brady

I Wish I Was There