New kit available for Pre-Order

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

New kit available for Pre-Order

Post by DerbyGull »

Just found it on the shop site to pre-order, launch is 26th July.

http://www.torquayunitedshop.co.uk/inde ... ewproducts
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Has not grown on me like I hoped it would. Wonder what the shorts and socks look like!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

finally, some sort of planning, and a picture !!! The crest looks different to the one Morris (i think) was holding in his arrival pic.

will get one for my lad, and if it looks good, might get myself one, but it's not my favourite of the recent strips. not keen on the v-neck, or the crest (unless it's embroidered, then it might be ok, but doesn't look as if it is from the pic).
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 09.14.29.png
Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 09.14.29.png (158.17 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I really do not like v neck football shirts. I would probably like it a whole lot more if it was a round neck.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Yep, the shirt Morris had the other day had the colours on the badge reversed. Probably won't find out until 26th which exactly is the right one!!
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I'll wait and see what it looks like on the players and fans before deciding if I want one for Christmas.

Just looking at the kits on the website - the goalie's shorts look rather pink, but even if they're red does that really go with either a green or black top (the 2 goalie options available)?

Also not impressed by the pics - surely the kits could be more nicely presented than being flung on the floor or on an otherwise naked mannequin in a stockroom. Get Billy and Bobby modelling!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

just spoke to the lovely Julia in the club shop, and she's currently waiting for info/pics on the shorts and socks. apparently though, the shorts are plain yellow with some small blue detail/piping, and the socks are yellow with TUFC in blue on the front. she is waiting for final information on those items, and then they'll be up on the site too.

as for the crest, it's NOT embroidered, and as far as is known (as shirts aren't actually in store yet), will be the one on the club shop site, and NOT the one Ian Morris is holding in his arrival pic - that was just an early sample, and the only one available at the time of the pic.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

Bigman wrote:Just looking at the kits on the website - the goalie's shorts look rather pink, but even if they're red does that really go with either a green or black top (the 2 goalie options available)?
They definitely look pink. It was one of the first things I noticed. I guess it must have been a flash or crappy lighting. There is the matching goalie top just below the shorts here ...

http://www.torquayunitedshop.co.uk/inde ... ct&pid=542" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure why it isn't on the main page with the other goalie tops.

I tried looking back at the Ian Morris pic and it took me a little while to find it. Under 'The Missing Piece' of course!! I definitely prefer the newer colour combiantions.

And although it's not been the most important thing of late ... it's now definitely time to update the pics on the site. The main page still has a pic of Benyon.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

i have a quick question, its launch day today (the 26th) what do they mean by lauch day? cos theres no pics of the squad with the shirt or anything and on the club shop its still up for pre order? I dont get it :|
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'd imagine it'll be on show/sale at the open day which is currently happening now...Unless it''s been delayed again which wouldnt be surprising knowing Vandanel,
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Could be something on the site later then ... cheers alexgulls
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

been trying to call the clubshop to order my boys new kit. first time, i was told girl in the shop unavailable as she was being interviewed for tv (for some reason my request to interrupt her so i could order the new shirt was not successful) and since then, the phone just rings and rings. something about that feels rather familiar :whistle:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

Just spoken to the club, and can't quite believe what i was told, but here goes :-

"the new shirt hasn't come in as planned...............................because they missed the flight they were meant to be on" EH ????

that's got to be one of the most original excuses i've heard for a while. anyway, we should keep our eye on the OS for further information.

did anyone really believe the kit would be in today as planned ?? 8/
Brady

I Wish I Was There
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Regiment wrote:just spoke to the lovely Julia in the club shop, and she's currently waiting for info/pics on the shorts and socks. apparently though, the shorts are plain yellow with some small blue detail/piping, and the socks are yellow with TUFC in blue on the front. she is waiting for final information on those items, and then they'll be up on the site too.

as for the crest, it's NOT embroidered, and as far as is known (as shirts aren't actually in store yet), will be the one on the club shop site, and NOT the one Ian Morris is holding in his arrival pic - that was just an early sample, and the only one available at the time of the pic.
<3

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I initially really liked the kit when it was modelled at PLainmoor towards the end of the season but - perhaps it is the way it is presented - it doesn't seem so good now. I had thought it looked sort of retro but in the pictures it looks a little cheap.

I initially disliked the black kit but that has grown on me now but I really wish whoever designed our blue one from a few years ago and even last seasons home and the matching white one, was still designing our kits...perhaps they are but does not seem quite so good.

However, at least it is unique. If we had nike or adidas we would just be getting a yellow version of what everyone else is wearing and I like Vandanel for the fact we get bespoke kits from them, even though the service of getting that intial batch in is always a nightmare.

Pleased that it has been suggested that the shorts and socks are yellow too. Much prefer us in all yellow than with blue shorts or white socks as we changed to last year.

Furthermore, I noticed the club shop link is branding it the 2011/12 home kit. I wonder if they are going to start trying to alter it every year like they have been doing with the away kit the last few seasons.