did buckle get any abuse??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

did buckle get any abuse??

Post by bixieupnorth »

read and seen picture that he had the nerve to appear in the family stand last night.

did he get any stick off the crowd?? i'd have liked to thought that there would have been a few chants directed his way. and i really really hope that he gets it for 90 minutes at the mem
still keeping the faith
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i think the best response would not so much to direct anything at him, but to get right behind ling, and chant his name. i can't remember buckle EVER getting that - certainly not from me anyway !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

There was a brief reference (non-complimentary) to his presence in the first-half, but couldn’t hear in the second. Best chant was definitely “You’re so shit you must be Exeter. That raised a chuckle. Worryingly, it sounded like a small group attempted to get that nonsense that Stevenage were mumbling at the Play-Off Final, started. Please don’t let that take on.

Agree with Regiment, when we visit the Mem, we should unite in support for Ling. Buckle’s ego will take a bruise if we don’t acknowledge him.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yr prob right mate, dont even give that weasel the time of day

maybe someone can write a song that both slags him off and gives praise to the glory that is certain to be martin lings! along the lines of 'who needs mourinho we've got our physio!!'
still keeping the faith
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Couple of 8 year olds in the family stand gave him abit of stick :L
The gulls are going up
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Shame I didn't know before the game really, I would've come all the way down and petrol bombed him.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

gullno4 wrote:Couple of 8 year olds in the family stand gave him abit of stick :L
And that was because he's not been paying their Mum the right amount of Child Support........he'd told the Social that he was manager of Torquay United when really he'd been the Rovers manager for most of the year. :lol:
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

He was sat directly behind me and there were various cry's of 'Judas' and 'F*** off back to Bristol'. He went in the Match Sponsors lounge during half-time and word started to spread he was at the game, in all honesty nobody really had a lot to say to him and he was in the lounge with his son on his own and nobody even spoke to him. I have to agree that the best way to upset him is not to acknowledge him and get right behind Martin Ling. I am all in favour of someone coming up with a decent chant that berates Buckle and supports Ling. He only watched the first 20 mins of the second half and then slipped away! - Can only presume he has heard the results and wanted to see how this could be possible as surely he was the best manager Torquay ever had - yeah, right. Not so confident now are you. Can't wait for the BR game away!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I imagine he went away thinking, who is that Lloyd Macklin character? Ling’s was lucky to get hold of him, if only he’d been here when I was around – he could do a job at left-back. Joe Oastler at Right-back, ha the fool, everyone knows he’s a midfielder. Lee Mansell in midfield? I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous. I told him he was a right-back, and a right-back he should be. As for Billy Kee, he won’t be a striker as long as there’s balti in his pie, get him out on the wing. This Martin Ling is clueless. What this club needs is me. But I’ve got too much ambition…
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote:I imagine he went away thinking, who is that Lloyd Macklin character? Ling’s was lucky to get hold of him, if only he’d been here when I was around – he could do a job at left-back. Joe Oastler at Right-back, ha the fool, everyone knows he’s a midfielder. Lee Mansell in midfield? I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous. I told him he was a right-back, and a right-back he should be. As for Billy Kee, he won’t be a striker as long as there’s balti in his pie, get him out on the wing. This Martin Ling is clueless. What this club needs is me. But I’ve got too much ambition…
The thing is Shane,joking aside he probaly did go away thinking that :) ,was saying at the game last night,wonder if Buckle is wathcing Macklin and thinking only if i had given him a chance.

As for abuse there was afair bit coming from the group i was stood with down by the away end,however probaly to far away to be heard,the best way is a long loud chant of Martin Ling's yellow army,Buckle never got that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lots of chants for Ling which was great and a few aimed at Buckle as well. He came to see if playing players in their natural positions does actually work. Macklin was on fire last night, I hope brucie didn't go or else he'd have to admit the lad can play, just as I've said since his brief cameo at Cheltenham. I've been told that Buckle didn't like Macklin at all, another plus as far as I'm concerned ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:Lots of chants for Ling which was great and a few aimed at Buckle as well. He came to see if playing players in their natural positions does actually work. Macklin was on fire last night, I hope brucie didn't go or else he'd have to admit the lad can play, just as I've said since his brief cameo at Cheltenham. I've been told that Buckle didn't like Macklin at all, another plus as far as I'm concerned ;-)
Seems strange he would give a 3 year deal and then half the time not even put him on the bench?

Another one of Buckle wonderful insights no doubt!

Glad Lloyd is finally getting the chance he deserves, I am confident he will take it.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Fonda wrote:I imagine he went away thinking, who is that Lloyd Macklin character? Ling’s was lucky to get hold of him, if only he’d been here when I was around – he could do a job at left-back. Joe Oastler at Right-back, ha the fool, everyone knows he’s a midfielder. Lee Mansell in midfield? I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous. I told him he was a right-back, and a right-back he should be. As for Billy Kee, he won’t be a striker as long as there’s balti in his pie, get him out on the wing. This Martin Ling is clueless. What this club needs is me. But I’ve got too much ambition…
This made me larf!! :clap:
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I hope he did get the stick his double-crossing warrants.

A game I was really looking forward to was the Rovers game but have booked a holiday so will have to miss it and the one against Crawley. The two games I really wanted us to win.

Note to self - check footy fixtures next time a holiday is booked.
BTownGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by BTownGull »

I think a 90 minute chant of 'Martin Lings Yellow Army' would fit the bill at the mem