Falkirk Fan Re Olejnik/Tam McManus Striker

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
FalkirkBairn
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Bobby olejnik

Falkirk Fan Re Olejnik/Tam McManus Striker

Post by FalkirkBairn »

Hi Falkirk fan here just a quick post to say you have got a really good keeper on your hands with big Bobby he has been superb for us and really wish him well with Torquay I think he will do well for you. Also the word up here is that you are after another of our players Tam McManus who is a striker who we released reluctantly last season due to cash problems and are now trying to resign him a bit like Bobbys situation with us. He scored 7 in 12 starts for us last season and was a big fans favourite due to his workrate,passion and goals has anything been said down your way because if we don't resign him and a few others we could be in for a hell of a long season with our budget slashed horrendously. Anyway all the best and hope you have a good season.

FalkirkBairn
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FalkirkBairn wrote:Hi Falkirk fan here just a quick post to say you have got a really good keeper on your hands with big Bobby he has been superb for us and really wish him well with Torquay I think he will do well for you. Also the word up here is that you are after another of our players Tam McManus who is a striker who we released reluctantly last season due to cash problems and are now trying to resign him a bit like Bobbys situation with us. He scored 7 in 12 starts for us last season and was a big fans favourite due to his workrate,passion and goals has anything been said down your way because if we don't resign him and a few others we could be in for a hell of a long season with our budget slashed horrendously. Anyway all the best and hope you have a good season.

FalkirkBairn
welcome to the forum, and thanks for the inside info. Ole does look a good keeper and signing.

as for Tam Mc, it wouldnt suprise me with Dinger, nicking your players - reminds me of someone.... :whistle: :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Haven't heard anything down this way about Tam, sounds like he could be a good acquisition. Would you relocate family all the way to Torquay? Be interesting to know what your perception of the English Riviera is. Anyway, I hope Falkirk keep the wolves from their door and you have a successful season.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Hello FalkirkBairn, welcome to Torquay Fans.com. :clap:

What's the detail on Tam McManus ? Winger type forward ? Inside forward playing off the big man ?
Othordox big target man with heading ability ?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

More likely now that Bobby is down here. They might be friendly and make the transition easier. Will watch this one with interest. May be he agreed to meet half way (London) to talks terms as this is where Ling is this weekend??

Thanks for the info, I wish you all the best for the next season and hope you can come through your dark days soon.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam_McManus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe Happytorq knows a little about him from his brief flirtation with the MLS?
Dave

FalkirkBairn
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Bobby olejnik

Post by FalkirkBairn »

I think with the current financial predicament in Scotland particularly Div 1 he would get a lot more money in League2 even BSP than here we have just shifted all our big earners from the SPL season and are starting again with cheaper players/young kids. In reply to what kind of player he is im sure there is some stuff on youtube goals and the like but for me I would say a penalty box striker he comes alive in the box and works really hard for the team. Like I say I along with many fellow Bairns really hope he resigns but if you or any other English team are in for him he will be gone.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Thanks for the link SG. :-D

Interesting to see he had a loan spell at Boston ( the one in Lincolnshire, not Massachusetts) and reportedly didn't settle.

Being a native of Glasgow, he should feel at home on the English Riviera with its well established, integrated Scottish community. ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's got a real eye for goal.
Dave

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I remember the name McManus from a brief spell he had at Boston. I think he was fairly young and the move didn't really work out, but he's done o.k north of the border and is the right sort of level that we should be approaching. Ling could be on to a winner, raiding Scotish Div 1 clubs using his contacts and scouting knowledge. If they are facing mass financial problems and can get a better deal with us, then it's good for our club.

I think Big Bobby could be a real find for us next season.
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

He looks JUST the kind of player we need, i know those edited you tube videos can be misleading but that guy has enough quality to do well in Lge 2.

He looks like he has pace and a bit of a terrior style about him, some of those goals were real quality, particularly the deft chip on the run, the MLS piledriver and the one against Rangers.

At 30, looking at his build he's not over the hill but will have the experience we need.

Would be seriously impressed if this guy was signed.
....aka jmgull.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:

He's got a real eye for goal.

Bloody hell ! :O I thought I was watching Ally McCoist !

If Dinger pulls off that signing then it's :bow: :bow: :bow:
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

More Importantly though......we need a bit of eye candy at plainmoor next season.

....aka jmgull.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Most importantly, he's a striker he likes to play in the box. Thats something we have been missing since benyon left, add that to someone who can play either up top with him, or in behind and we could be onto something with him
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

jocktheknife wrote:More Importantly though......we need a bit of eye candy at plainmoor next season.

Let's hope her and Helen get along..

And yeah he looks good, there's a massive potential lot of players in Scotland that we should have a look at.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14