focus group

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

focus group

Post by bixieupnorth »

any views on this matter that has appeared today on the OS?

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 90,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there must be someone on here who would love a chance for a regular meeting with the board, we could have polls every so often to suggest questions that we the fans would like answered, only about a 1000 of them this summer!!
still keeping the faith
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

bixieupnorth wrote:any views on this matter that has appeared today on the OS?

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 90,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there must be someone on here who would love a chance for a regular meeting with the board, we could have polls every so often to suggest questions that we the fans would like answered, only about a 1000 of them this summer!!

A focus group ?

Some of us can't focus even when we're sober :O
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Obviously Andrew Candy has started the ball rolling already, good on him too.

There are some very clever and astute people amongst our fanbase and I have no doubt at all that there are ideas out there that would work if given the correct backing. I just hope he/they don't run into the same brick wall as those that tried previously to impliment the advice of skilled people from the business and commercial sector.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

this came about yesterday actually,

i was going to tread it but I didn't see a point in doing so myself- but you have a good idea!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I agree it is a good idea,,

I feel that the board just may need prompting and encouragement to focus about some supporters concerns right now, for I feel they just might not quite know how we are currently feeling with regard to the upcomming footbal season.

Jolly good idea indeed.
bornagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: matt elliot

Post by bornagull »

I think this has got to be worth try. I own a shop in the town and would really like to get our town centre promoting our football team. I would be up for doing my bit.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

bornagull wrote:I think this has got to be worth try. I own a shop in the town and would really like to get our town centre promoting our football team. I would be up for doing my bit.
Wow wow wow, this is Torquayfans.com, not the free ads!

Which shop?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

bornagull wrote:I think this has got to be worth try. I own a shop in the town and would really like to get our town centre promoting our football team. I would be up for doing my bit.

Turn the shop into yellow!! Display fixtures(download them from the website!) :)
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

I do think this would be a good idea,I also have a shop in town(across the road from bornagull).In 17 years of trading in the middle of town I have never had anyone from the commercial side of thing at Plainmoor approach me about doing anything to promote the club.Some times you would never know that we had a football club in the town
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

not being a local myself, i've never been to sparkworld, but do they advertise the club at all, or is it just a case of us advertising them on our shirts ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

northyorkshiregull wrote:I do think this would be a good idea,I also have a shop in town(across the road from bornagull).In 17 years of trading in the middle of town I have never had anyone from the commercial side of thing at Plainmoor approach me about doing anything to promote the club.Some times you would never know that we had a football club in the town
You could take the initiative, and ask them if there is anything they'd like you to do in terms of advertising (of course i don't know that you don't already do this)? If there are people such as yourself with the right intentions, and ability to help, perhaps the offer should be made to the club, rather than waiting for requests from the club? Not directed at you specifically mate - just a general point.
Last edited by Fonda on 07 Jul 2011, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Regiment wrote:not being a local myself, i've never been to sparkworld, but do they advertise the club at all, or is it just a case of us advertising them on our shirts ??
Nope, just them on the shirts!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Yellow4life wrote: Nope, just them on the shirts!

well, that's pretty rubbish isn't it ?? surely there should at least be a "proud sponsors of Torquay United" sign up or something ?? could it not be negotiated to put a small TUFC display in there, advertising the club, maybe some of the merchandise (not necessarily to sell, but just to show) ?? right, where is Andrew Candy's email address..............................
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I am already doing my bit to promote The Gulls in Yate S Glos. Anyone who walks in my shop is under no illusions who i support. I didn't ask the club. I didn't wait for them to approach me. I just got on with it. and you should see my model shop when we get to finals. all bedecked in yellow. even some of the customers get immersed in Gulls talk even if they aint football fans as we usualy have something interesting to say. or jokes etc. it ain't that difficult.
I will mail Mr Candy and offer my services
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843