Metronomy video featuring Torquay seafront

General chat about anything else goes here.
Cambridge_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Metronomy video featuring Torquay seafront

Post by Cambridge_Gull »

Anyone else seen the new video by Metronomy from their album 'The English Riveria', featuring Torquay seafront?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's quite a romantic, idealistic perception of the area. Some really nice aerial shots of the bay too. Makes for a funny video...
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Not sure about the song, good to see a music video in the bay though!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

An entire album about Torquay, is there one about TUFC?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Cambridge_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Cambridge_Gull »

They could use the video to lure potential players to the area?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

WOW ! That superb advert of THE ENGLISH RIVIERA (TORQUAY) has made my day !

:clap: :bow: :clap:

The opening aerial shot reminds me of something out of Miami Vice :

Ten years ago when Hollywood came sniffing, I was hopeful that a major motion picture was going to be made here using the ENGLISH RIVIERA as the backdrop.
What did we get ? A couple of low budget movies in the form of Blackball (2003) and Churchill : The Hollywood Years (2004). :(

James Cromwell (driving instructor Ray Speight in Blackball) is no small time Hollywood actor and at the time I thought it was a major coup to get him over here. His supporting roles include :

Farmer Arthur Hoggett - Babe(1995) :-D

Dr. Zefram Cochrane - Star Trek : First Contact (1996) :-D

Captain Dudley Smith - L.A. Confidential (1997) :-D

Warden Hal Moores - The Green Mile (1999) :-D

Bob Gerson - Space Cowboys (2000) :-D

President J. Robert Fowler - The Sum of All Fears (2002) :-D

Dr Alfred Lanning - I, Robot (2004) :-D

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - The Queen (2006) :-D

Captain George Stacy - Spider-Man 3 (2007) :-D

Then there s Neve Campbell (Princess Elizabeth) in Churchill : The Hollywood Years.

Neve, eh ? What can one say ?

In a word : SCREAM ! :O :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Trojan 67 wrote:WOW ! That superb advert of THE ENGLISH RIVIERA (TORQUAY) has made my day !

:clap: :bow: :clap:

The opening aerial shot reminds me of something out of Miami Vice :

Ten years ago when Hollywood came sniffing, I was hopeful that a major motion picture was going to be made here using the ENGLISH RIVIERA as the backdrop.
What did we get ? A couple of low budget movies in the form of Blackball (2003) and Churchill : The Hollywood Years (2004). :(

James Cromwell (driving instructor Ray Speight in Blackball) is no small time Hollywood actor and at the time I thought it was a major coup to get him over here. His supporting roles include :

Farmer Arthur Hoggett - Babe(1995) :-D

Dr. Zefram Cochrane - Star Trek : First Contact (1996) :-D

Captain Dudley Smith - L.A. Confidential (1997) :-D

Warden Hal Moores - The Green Mile (1999) :-D

Bob Gerson - Space Cowboys (2000) :-D

President J. Robert Fowler - The Sum of All Fears (2002) :-D

Dr Alfred Lanning - I, Robot (2004) :-D

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - The Queen (2006) :-D

Captain George Stacy - Spider-Man 3 (2007) :-D

Then there s Neve Campbell (Princess Elizabeth) in Churchill : The Hollywood Years.

Neve, eh ? What can one say ?

In a word : SCREAM ! :O :rofl:
I bet the tourist chiefs are rubbing their hands in glee. free advertising for torbay and no micky taking or bad veiws. shame the real place needs a bit more polish than the video suggests. But heaven help us if anyone suggest this be our run out music. I for one will help throw em off the pier.
Maybe they should be one of the biggest groups in the world and then come back and pump tons of money into TUFC with a trust fund for the next 100 years. Oh well I suppose I can only dream
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Glostergull wrote:I bet the tourist chiefs are rubbing their hands in glee. free advertising for TORQUAY and no micky taking or bad veiws. shame the real place needs a bit more polish than the video suggests. But heaven help us if anyone suggest this be our run out music. I for one will help throw em off the pier.
Maybe they should be one of the biggest groups in the world and then come back and pump tons of money into TUFC with a trust fund for the next 100 years. Oh well I suppose I can only dream[/i]

Edited for geographical accuracy. :nod:

Please note : Tor Bay and USAT (Unitary Status Authority Torbay) are not alike.

Hopefully, sad brainwashed b'stards who don't know their geography from political brainwashing wont end up swimming with the fishes in Tor Bay when the sh't hits the fan.

The decline of the ENGLISH RIVIERA started when Britain joined the ECC (European Common Market). Or was it the EEC (European Economic Community) ? The decline has accelerated since the EC, now the EU plonked USAT on the landscape. Brainwashed into joining a Common Market and now firmly under the jackboot of a foreign power. Things can only get better ?

The saving grace at the moment is that holders of the Queen's Warrant pledge loyalty to the Crown and serve the Realm, not the Government. The call to hood up and rope treacherous b'stards from the Town Hall railings can't come soon enough. I hope when the call does come that I'm still fit enough to do my duty. :engflag:

Glostergull : Spratt and Stubbs our favourite players and strike force during the 1965-66 promotion season. Tommy for me got the nod over Robin as Tommy scored the most League goals during 65-66 season. ;-)

TQ1 . . . . . . oohra !
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I saw them on Jools Holland show a while back. The singer is from Totnes I think. Anyone who's spent any time in Totnes will remember the message on the hearse that their first album is named after!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pip_Paine_ ... 0_You_Owe)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Trojan 67 wrote:
Edited for geographical accuracy. :nod:

Please note : Tor Bay and USAT (Unitary Status Authority Torbay) are not alike.

Hopefully, sad brainwashed b'stards who don't know their geography from political brainwashing wont end up swimming with the fishes in Tor Bay when the sh't hits the fan.

The decline of the ENGLISH RIVIERA started when Britain joined the ECC (European Common Market). Or was it the EEC (European Economic Community) ? The decline has accelerated since the EC, now the EU plonked USAT on the landscape. Brainwashed into joining a Common Market and now firmly under the jackboot of a foreign power. Things can only get better ?

The saving grace at the moment is that holders of the Queen's Warrant pledge loyalty to the Crown and serve the Realm, not the Government. The call to hood up and rope treacherous b'stards from the Town Hall railings can't come soon enough. I hope when the call does come that I'm still fit enough to do my duty. :engflag:

Glostergull : Spratt and Stubbs our favourite players and strike force during the 1965-66 promotion season. Tommy for me got the nod over Robin as Tommy scored the most League goals during 65-66 season. ;-)

TQ1 . . . . . . oohra !
It wasn't just Tor bay or torbay that was ruined when The EEC was formed. The whole country suffered. we have been on a downward spiral ever since. fueled by power hungry Olligarks. (thats a mix of Oligarchs and sharks) As I see it there aint no difference. Come the revolution I will be there, standing with Wolfie, pitchfork in hand, shouting Power to the people and brandishing a good ole British Suasage at the Germans. French. Geeks. And anyone else who says we have to Join the eec to avoid another war. Yeah Right. They took us over by stealth instead.
Bring back decent penalties for crimes commited. PArk on Yellow line and get a flogging. Refs who give penalties against us should get hanged and opposition players who foul us get a whipping from Westbay. lol

Regards players. Some would say Tomy Northcott would be way ahead but in my eyes Stubbs had a panache to his play that stood out for me. The three of em stand out way ahead of some of todays poor apologies of so called proffesional footballers
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

To go with the Metronomy and Miami Vice vids, here's another couple . . . . . .

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Here's one from "Blackball" featuring James Cromwell (as Ray Speight), Paul Kaye (as Cliff Starkey) and the bowling club by the ducks pond.