Branston going... NOW OFFICIAL !!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Branston going... NOW OFFICIAL !!

Post by hector »

...is my interpretation of his comments in the Janner Indy today.

He talks about being 'excited by the other clubs' interested in him.

He mentions that he does not want to sign until he knows who the new manager is and that he 'wants to push for promotion' again next season.

Think it is pretty clear we won't be so I would expect to see him move on. Sort of resigned myself to it now.

To be fair to the board, Branston states that the directors have been trying to get him to sign but that it is the clubs fault for not offering him a deal in January when he was pushing for one.

Wonder if that was Buckle's decision and if he knew anything then?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

If he wants to go elsewhere, so be it. I'd like to see us persue our (Bucks?) interest in Oastler.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

If he wanted to go to another other club then he would of now...I believe he's waiting to see our new manager plans first.
MarineGull707
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MarineGull707 »

The whole reason we won't have Branston next year is because of the snake that is Buckle!! Buckle knew what he was up to in January when we could of tied up a new deal for Branno!
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Torquay United are Branston's 16th club as a proffessional footballer.
He has never played 100 games in a single spell for a club...in fact Torquay are one of the clubs he has played most games for.

I have always had a sneeky suspicsion that he will move anywhere for a decent signing on fee.

No doubt he is commited on the pitch, that is clear for all to see, and at least he does not go on all the time about "playing for the badge", as his career show he does not.

I suspect his "press release" is to ensure as many people as possible remember he is available.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

MidDevon wrote:Torquay United are Branston's 16th club as a proffessional footballer.
He has never played 100 games in a single spell for a club...in fact Torquay are one of the clubs he has played most games for.

I have always had a sneeky suspicsion that he will move anywhere for a decent signing on fee.

No doubt he is commited on the pitch, that is clear for all to see, and at least he does not go on all the time about "playing for the badge", as his career show he does not.

I suspect his "press release" is to ensure as many people as possible remember he is available.
I agree with this. Had thought the same thing about his periods at other clubs. Historically he's not stuck around anywhere for long. The only thing that might keep him in the area is his personal situation.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why are you so keen on Oastler - if Buckle was so keen on him perhaps he will sign for Bristol rovers. Probably no such luck though. I would be suprised if the new man would be interested in him.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Thought he looked a decent player, and would be interested in seeing him in his preffered position of CB, rather than where Bucks decided he wanted to use him.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Not wanting to belittle the effect that Guy has had on us, there is a very real chance that we were able to get him in an "Indian Summer" of his career.

Lets not forget a few years ago (2007-8 to be precise) he was turning in awful performances for Northampton and Notts County, and found himself released and playing in Conference North for Kettering. Of course, he led them to promotion and a solid season in the BSP, then on to Burton (a move which went disasterously wrong for all parties) and then to us.

Back in 2008 he was a washed-up journeyman, who to his credit re-launched himself and is now a sought-after player. He could go on somewhere else and do the business, but there is also a chance we had him at his best - thats the risk you associated with 30+ year old footballers.

There are a few grizzled Centre-halves on the givemefootball list - Sean O'Hanlon, Chris Westwood, Dean Beckwith to name a few, alleged former TUFC target Brian Saah, and of course the possibility that if Nicky Forster gets the job he goes after "old mate" Ivar Ingimarrsson. Plus we have 2 decent centre halves ourselves in Robbo and Ellis. Although Ellis is widely regarded as needing a guiding hand, perhaps an experienced deep-sitting centre mid could rollock him when playing alongisde Robbo.

There are a number of possible soltutions that prove this isn't the end of the world - if he does go.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

brucie wrote:Why are you so keen on Oastler - if Buckle was so keen on him perhaps he will sign for Bristol rovers. Probably no such luck though. I would be suprised if the new man would be interested in him.
I would imagine the board would be able to let the new manager know he was available though. Despite what you think of him from reading previous posts of yours, he's a talented young player, who wouldn't command an enormous wage packet, knows the club, and can provide defensive cover. Other than that he's rubbish obviously. 8/
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Fonda wrote:Thought he looked a decent player, and would be interested in seeing him in his preffered position of CB, rather than where Bucks decided he wanted to use him.
I like him too. Thought he played the role in front of the back four when utilised, extremely effectively, also.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

He's capable of doing a specific job in there - perhaps away from home when we're under the cosh. But he doesn't have enough about him to be an effective 'midfielder' for me.
Last edited by Fonda on 12 Jun 2011, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

i think branno will stay just got a feeling, i reckon we'l lose zebroski tho - what about replacment options for him?
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
harbertongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by harbertongull »

[...is my interpretation of his comments in the Janner Indy today.
He talks about being 'excited by the other clubs' interested in him.
He mentions that he does not want to sign until he knows who the new manager is and that he 'wants to push for promotion' again next season.
Think it is pretty clear we won't be so I would expect to see him move on. Sort of resigned myself to it now.
To be fair to the board, Branston states that the directors have been trying to get him to sign but that it is the clubs fault for not offering him a deal in January when he was pushing for one.
Wonder if that was Buckle's decision and if he knew anything then?)

Come on what's all this about being resigned about not being promoted?! Paul Buckle did a good job for us, he's gone now, that's football I'm sorry to say. No loyalty any more. However when he was appointed he was an unknown, the club took a chance and it worked out well. Leroy arrived with managerial experience at Merthyr Tydfill and most of us said "Who?!" If players leave, so be it, there's plenty more out there. We've seen plenty of evidence of good players unwanted by other clubs. There appears to have been a good standard of applications for the managers job, let's trust the board to appoint the right man and get behind him. Stop the pesimism, get behind the club and the team, there's no reason why we can't go for it again. Come on you yellows!!!
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

This maybe true to some as nothing has transpired yet on the sighning front but I bumped into him on saturday at occombe beer festival and I spoke to him about his future his words were. "I love it here and I want to stay" yes I know he might just be trying to say the right things to a fan but he is still here he does love it here and wants to stay just the matter probally of the cash offered, would rather he stayed for 1 more year on decent money than lose another tailismatic player we need branno in more ways than just on the playing front.