the cost of Mr Lee leaving

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

the cost of Mr Lee leaving

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Just read the accounts from 2010."In May 2010the company placed its chief Executive on garden leave and subsequently his employment was terminated"Aggregate remuneration £96,544 Compensation for loss of directorship £101,547 =£198,091
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

That's disgraceful... it's about 20% of our playing budget for a year! Our best players are getting around 1k a week, so this is equal to Branston, Zebroski, O'Kane and Mansell for a year. No wonder we're having to cut everything...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

northyorkshiregull wrote:Just read the accounts from 2010."In May 2010the company placed its chief Executive on garden leave and subsequently his employment was terminated"Aggregate remuneration £96,544 Compensation for loss of directorship £101,547 =£198,091
That is shocking!

It does beg the question though as to how we let ourselves get into such a position that it cost us so much money just to get rid of one person !!!!!
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

I wonder about the 'loss of Drectorship' figure as, if you check the OS, CL is still listed as a Director. I asked a Board Member why this was so and he said there were 'certain reasons" but would not elaborate. So, what I thought was merely yet another unprofessional omission turns out not to be the case. I wonder why? Yet to fully pay him off possibly?
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

Makes you wonder just who drew up the contract and more to the point who actually agreed it.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Northyorkshiregull are the accounts available on the internet?
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Not sure if they are on line or not,I got mine through in the post.You could try companies house web site.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He bleeds Yellow you know.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

He's bleeding the Yellows you know..... :@
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What dry :slap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

It appears some are posting with regard to "the cost of Mr Lee leaving".

With no Chief Executive (and a football man) in place at this crucial time, we may well be reflecting on the unthinkable and unpalatable "real cost of Mr Lee leaving".

Colin's departure was quickly followed by the untimely and sudden death of our benefactor Mr.Bristow.

Now who hand on heart can say our club has been "professionally" run this season in the absence of two mainstays in from the beginning ?
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm more concerned with "the real cost of employing him".

That mistake further compounded by extending his contract. Look at the differences between what he's done compared to Perryman up the road. That sums it up for me.
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Southampton Gull wrote:I'm more concerned with "the real cost of employing him".

That mistake further compounded by extending his contract. Look at the differences between what he's done compared to Perryman up the road. That sums it up for me.
Who's done what at where now?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullpost
Trialist
Trialist

Post by gullpost »

northyorkshiregull wrote:Just read the accounts from 2010."In May 2010the company placed its chief Executive on garden leave and subsequently his employment was terminated"Aggregate remuneration £96,544 Compensation for loss of directorship £101,547 =£198,091
What was the profit/loss figure quoted in the accounts?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

To save time, any chance you can upload them/email the file to those who would like a copy to study for themselves?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"