Torquay United v H&W Sat 20th Apr 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

RedGull1902 wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 21:40 Could possibly be a couple of Taunton players up for grabs? Went down tonight
I think we've got to aim a tad higher standard wise to be honest with you....Gulls 3-1 H&W..
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

TUFC 3 -1 H&W
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Seems like only yesterday I was playing against Havant, and Waterlooville before they merged. Always disliked both of them so it's obviously easy to predict a defeat for the first and hopefully last time.

2-1 defeat.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Ok Skillsy
Torquay 7 Havant 2
Hopefully equally unlikely !
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Skillsy,

Yep, this coming 3 moths or so will feel like forever, hopefully though their may be real enthusiasm for next season.
I still love that feeling at 2.55, even though many times this season I’ve left Plainmoor angry, frustrated and humiliated, the great thing about the football season is that the next game is never far away, and the hope and expectation builds again!

I go 2 or 3 away games, which I really enjoy, but can’t beat sitting in my seat in the Bench, with blue skies, lush green turf and bright yellow shirts. Admittedly it’s often cold, wet and the standard of football is about the same, but that feeling when we go close, a fantastic save or when we score, you know what I mean.

Yep, it’ll be a long close season, Saturdays will become family time again, with only bits and pieces of information, discussions on here about the merits or otherwise about the next manager, any who stay on, the new players and the new owners. But come July, it’s difficult not to get excited.

Love the opening match, the optimism, warm weather and the skies the limit.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

TUFC 4 H&W 1
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

2-0 to Torquay
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Why would Torquay United want to sign any players from Taunton who have proved that they are not good enough to play at this level?

I hope to be proved wrong, but I remain highly suspicious about the secrecy surrounding the identity of the preferred bidder. As previously mentioned, other clubs are overt about potential purchasers/investors - e.g. Man Utd and Sir Jim Ratcliffe - so why all the cloak and dagger activities at Plainmoor?
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Because some of their better players are better at the moment than some we have got! Live in the real world! At the moment we are on the edge with only one contracted player so it seems
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

1-0…2750 H&W 42.
Training pace game no injuries but someone still gets sent off.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

3-1 TUFC
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

2-1 2,250
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 11:10 Why would Torquay United want to sign any players from Taunton who have proved that they are not good enough to play at this level?

I hope to be proved wrong, but I remain highly suspicious about the secrecy surrounding the identity of the preferred bidder. As previously mentioned, other clubs are overt about potential purchasers/investors - e.g. Man Utd and Sir Jim Ratcliffe - so why all the cloak and dagger activities at Plainmoor?
Yawn.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

2-0 Gulls and a wave goodbye to Edwards and everybody else that has played their part in this truly woeful season to forget.

Hope AJB gets the player of the season as he has shown more guts and fight than all the rest. Oh and he has managed to stay injury free !
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 11:10 Why would Torquay United want to sign any players from Taunton who have proved that they are not good enough to play at this level?

Man Utd are an entirely different proposition - they're a public company and so any sort of takeover shenanigans legally have to reported to the market. TU(A)FC is a private company and is under no such obligation.

It would of course be preferable that we know more, but I dont automatically assume there's something nefarious going on just becasue we don't.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.