Taunton Town v Torquay United Tues 16 April KO 19.45.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

We really dug in and battled as a team when we conceded. The second half was when we won that game. You have to give credit to the lads as I felt they gave everything . So yes the season has been dire but this was in my opinion our best game of the season.
Oh and credit to both sets of fans , some decent but reasonable banter but a cracking atmosphere.
TangoAlpha1
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: The sofa

Post by TangoAlpha1 »

Congratulations on staying up, from a Yeovil fan in Taunton (you noisy bunch). But the bigger picture is surely what happens off the field. Get it right and a real crack at promotion via playoffs next season whether you're full time, part time (you would still be the big fish) or somewhere in between (hybrid). Get it wrong and getting out the South may take a number of seasons. Most thought it would be a head to head between us for promotion but it didn't work out that way. Let's hope you get new owners who actually care about what happens on the pitch, rather than what could be built on it.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We might be poor but the same players have more or less played every minute of every match for the past couple of months. Ash has been running around by himself up front for ages - I dont particularly rate him but he gave it everything tonight.

Coasting through the Bath game proved to be the correct decision in the end. Given all the circumstances it was a superb effort tonight.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Looking bleak for Taunton now. They have to beat WSM on Thursday and may even need to win on Saturday as well. It could be goal difference between Taunton and Eastbourne..,......but who cares, we are SAFE. Just need to sort out the administrators and have a plan in place for providing a bond to continue in NLS......do not let us fall foul of their rules, after the teams efforts in last two weeks.

I need to sleep...bloody exhausting!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

North Curry House wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 22:19 Looking bleak for Taunton now. They have to beat WSM on Thursday and may even need to win on Saturday as well. It could be goal difference between Taunton and Eastbourne..,......but who cares, we are SAFE. Just need to sort out the administrators and have a plan in place for providing a bond to continue in NLS......do not let us fall foul of their rules, after the teams efforts in last two weeks.

I need to sleep...bloody exhausting!
Its much simpler really...
Taunton have to win both of their games to survive.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

BigDave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BigDave »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 22:27 Its much simpler really...
Taunton have to win both of their games to survive.
Don't wish to be pedantic but if you check you will see that a win and a draw could be enough for Taunton to survive if Eastbourne lose their last match away to Braintree.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Eastbourne have 4 better goals in that case
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

exilegull wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 21:52 Well some immediate relief due to survival but really what a truly awful team this year, with utterly abysmal management.

I'm probably being unfair on some individuals, but collectively whether the club remains full time or part time, I wouldn't be sorry to see the entire squad leave and start again.
Fantastic weve stayed up!!, but in the cold light of day, when it all sinks in, I've got to agree with you, the whole lot need shipping out, otherwise it'll be a long slog next season of pretty much the same as this campaign, it needs a fresh slate.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Not all but yes most!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Enjoy it, the lads gave it their all
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Maybe a tad harsh,Lovett, Archer,Booth,Mox and poss Hall, all the rest I'm expecting will leave, the names stated on reflection could do s job in NLS, I like Downes, he's a likeable bloke, but he's not the answer going forward.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Anybody know how many gulls there?
Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Godalming Gull »

Fantastic result boys…. We now await the new owners… it can only have heartened them… Richard Hughes of The Hearald Express suggests there were over 800 gull supporters there…. Well done and supported one and all..
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

BigDave wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 22:37 Don't wish to be pedantic but if you check you will see that a win and a draw could be enough for Taunton to survive if Eastbourne lose their last match away to Braintree.
But to achieve that they need a five goal turnaround.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Green Rory
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Green Rory »

Well done in the circumstances, but really this club really should be in the Football League competing in League Tw0 at the very least. I'm an Argyle fan but can't get tickets at Home Park. I love the atmosphere at Plainmoor. Come on you Gulls!