Taunton Town v Torquay United Tues 16 April KO 19.45.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

culmstockgull wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 Personally ,I would like Taunton to survive in this league not least because its a short away trip and saves on travelling costs for the club and besides it seems they are very close to experiencing what we are going through at the moment.
Yep I hope Taunton survive as well a good away game.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

I spoke to Aaron Jarvis last night and he said his knee isn't good. He said there was no chance he would be fit for Saturday. Accusations that he doesn't want to play are unfair.

The only player currently contracted for next season is Austen Booth.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I see we could be playing Boreham Wood or Woking next season who are 4th and 5th from bottom. :)
Oxford City ,Dorking and Kidderminster are down
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

TommyGunn wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 13:04 I see we could be playing Boreham Wood or Woking next season who are 4th and 5th from bottom. :)
Oxford City ,Dorking and Kidderminster are down
I’ll resist the urge to laugh at Woking. Well actually I won’t! :-P
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Skillsy wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 13:02 I spoke to Aaron Jarvis last night and he said his knee isn't good. He said there was no chance he would be fit for Saturday. Accusations that he doesn't want to play are unfair.
I completely agree Skillsy.

Watching Jarvis celebrate on the pitch at the final whistle, there was absolutely no doubt that he was genuinely delighted at our win and league survival. It must be really unpleasant for him to read snide comments suggesting his reluctance to play when he is in fact genuinely injured. Ditto for Dawson.

As we were leaving the ground, Jarvis was singing and dancing in the car park, as elated as any other fan.

In fact EVERY single member of the squad were clearly overjoyed and there was no doubt whatsoever that we truly were United in our relief and celebration of our beloved club’s survival. Let’s look to the future now.

The future is Yellow!
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by leetufc »

Completely agree, some of the comments towards Jarvis, Dawson, DOA are just unnecessary. We have no idea the extent to their injuries and ability to play. Going forward I think we do need more regular updates on player injuries to negate these sorts of comments.

We also need to consider the mental strain the last few months have probably had on players. They could have been out of jobs, with mortgages to pay and families to support. Its easy to say they are footballers and should be able to cope with this, but I think the majority of us would find this would weigh heavily when trying to perform our jobs to their optimum.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well what a night that was, nerves, tension, joy, horror, it had it all, I've only got phone access so hopefully share some views on this match tommorow.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Owlgull wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 15:02 I completely agree Skillsy.

Watching Jarvis celebrate on the pitch at the final whistle, there was absolutely no doubt that he was genuinely delighted at our win and league survival. It must be really unpleasant for him to read snide comments suggesting his reluctance to play when he is in fact genuinely injured. Ditto for Dawson.

As we were leaving the ground, Jarvis was singing and dancing in the car park, as elated as any other fan.

In fact EVERY single member of the squad were clearly overjoyed and there was no doubt whatsoever that we truly were United in our relief and celebration of our beloved club’s survival. Let’s look to the future now.

The future is Yellow!
Yes, I was really pleased to see Jarvis celebrating with everybody as if we'd won the FA Cup. I'd love it for him to stay but.........
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 Personally ,I would like Taunton to survive in this league not least because its a short away trip and saves on travelling costs for the club and besides it seems they are very close to experiencing what we are going through at the moment.
Bet you wouldn't have said that if we'd have lost 4-0....... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Owlgull wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 15:02 I completely agree Skillsy.

The future is Yellow!
That should be our club anthem played before the game - Yellow by Coldplay …… I would belt it out as I’m sure many would.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Highlights

Great to hear the Plainmoor roar three times but why cut across the ending scenes? After the season we've all endured I wanted to wallow in the released tension and joy for a few moments more.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Jarvis won’t be here next season you’d have thought, I’m sure the consistent fouling and lack of ref protection will convince him to move on, unless we are offering decent money and they can sell the clubs future to him.

Although it’s great we have more information about injuries now; for the last 3 or 4 weeks it’s been “he might be back this weekend, he could make the Easter matches”, when he doesn’t, it’s no wonder people (including me) cant help but wonder if there’s an agenda playing out.

Moving forward, players with injury concerns are too big a risk to be signed, unless on reduced pay as you play deals. We have at least 3 players who have missed virtually the whole season and at least 3 who play 3 games and then miss 5.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I'm reluctant to bring a touch of realism to all of the triumphalism.

However, it shows the dire state of Torquay United that fans are celebrating the fact that it has avoided relegation to the 7th tier of English football.

While not knowing the identity of a prospective purchaser - yet more nonsense from the powers that be - it is time for an almost entire clear out of the managerial and playing staff, who have proved to be, on the whole, incompetent at this level.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Why is it nonsense that we don't know the identity of the prospective buyer? We are obviously not going to hear anything until the ink is dry. Sure that is usual practice.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 21:32 I'm reluctant to bring a touch of realism to all of the triumphalism.

However, it shows the dire state of Torquay United that fans are celebrating the fact that it has avoided relegation to the 7th tier of English football.

While not knowing the identity of a prospective purchaser - yet more nonsense from the powers that be - it is time for an almost entire clear out of the managerial and playing staff, who have proved to be, on the whole, incompetent at this level.
Jeez, give them a chance FFS.
They have to go through due-diligence, Administrators hoops and then, if they want - look at the books and their investment.
It cold take up to six weeks - how about a bit of patience???
When Matt Ellis took over my egg-chasing team, that took three months....
And Wakefield Trinity were not in administration either.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468