Next season.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Isn't there an embargo in operation until we come out of administaration to the satisfaction of the national league?

Neil Warnock still offering his services to the new owners.
https://www.torbayweekly.co.uk/news/spo ... wners.html
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

No doubt at great expense. Knowing Colin.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I believe the rules of a transfer embargo still allow clubs to re-sign existing players under new contracts. However, as others have said, I cannot imagine there will be any forms of offers for existing players until the club is under new owners.

Do we know if Downes has a contract beyond this season?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

On the club website May 3rd LAST year , Gary Johnson stated " players contracts end on May 6th in the National League but Aaron Jarvis and Shaun Donnelan are still in contract for another season " ...so who knows?
AJW
Trialist
Trialist

Post by AJW »

From what occured at Southend last season, when they were under an embargo was that they could not re-sign contracted players on a contract. They were allowed to sign players on non contract terms to create a squad of 15 or 16 players.

Until the embargo is lifted the squad will not be larger than 15 or 16. There are also strict rules on signing replacement players to cover injuries and suspensions.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I'm reading in the rules that we need to submit a PSB pre season budget by the 14th of June.

I really hope all this is being sorted out right now. I really think Osborne has dropped us right in it and given us a near impossible task. :@

I think we may be able to start under a sort of supervision if we can't provide a pre season budget in time. Which means starting under a player embargo and paying a bond upfront
I read somewhere else in the rules about max of 16 non contract players and only 1 goalkeeper. Having to apply for permission to bring in a loan to cover each injury etc.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by leetufc »

I was thinking back to what had happened to other clubs higher up the pyramid, but having scanned both sets of rules, the NL rules are significantly stricter than the EFL rules for transfer embargos!
newtonyellow
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by newtonyellow »

Lewis Collins has confirmed on Instagram that he is moving on to a new challenge - sounds like it might be outside of football.
Attachments
20240423_220839.jpg
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well said Lewis 👍
A very talented player but sadly the management and Lewis himself couldn't bring it out very often. All the best for the future mate
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Play Off final is Braintree v Worthing.
Maidstone lost to Worthing today so will be in our league again next season and I would imagine will be favourites along with Boreham Wood to go up.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

standupsitdown wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 19:20 Play Off final is Braintree v Worthing.
Maidstone lost to Worthing today so will be in our league again next season and I would imagine will be favourites along with Boreham Wood to go up.
Rather face Braintree next season than Worthing.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

standupsitdown wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 19:20 Play Off final is Braintree v Worthing.
The NLS final is Worthing at home to Braintree. Match played on the home ground of the team finishing higher in the league.

The National league final - Bromley v Solihull Moors at Wembley will provide another new team for the Football League.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I also see that Brackley town are finalists again in the northern final. They have punched way above their weight recently. Small ground with crowds averaging 780 this season.

Lost in the final last year. Playoffs 2022. Finalist 2021 and FA trophy winners 2018.
We could learn something from these teams. Think they deserve a chance in the national league.

Andy Woodman at Bromley would make a fine Torquay United manager. If Bromley lose the final and he wants a bigger club. :whistle:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

TommyGunn wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 08:04 I also see that Brackley town are finalists again in the northern final. They have punched way above their weight recently. Small ground with crowds averaging 780 this season.

Lost in the final last year. Playoffs 2022. Finalist 2021 and FA trophy winners 2018.
We could learn something from these teams. Think they deserve a chance in the national league.

Andy Woodman at Bromley would make a fine Torquay United manager. If Bromley lose the final and he wants a bigger club. :whistle:
Just like TUFC, nobody deserves a "chance" in the NL - it has to be earned.
And why do you think that he'd think we are a bigger club when they have obviously - like for like - outperformed us?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I would say Brackleys recent record of getting to finals is well earned and I hope they go up. Shows what can be done with crowds of 780 and just how piss poor we have been as a club. My bigger club comment was tongue in cheek. :-D