Staying Up - Relegation Battle

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

How long is a club allowed to remain in administration? A set time or until the administrator feels there is not going to be a new owner???

And at that point we start a phoenix club at the bottom of the pyramid?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

TommyGunn wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 19:19 How long is a club allowed to remain in administration? A set time or until the administrator feels there is not going to be a new owner???

And at that point we start a phoenix club at the bottom of the pyramid?
I believe it's 18 months or not more than 2 consecutive seasons, but must be remembered our club is not in administration , much water to flow under the bridge yet .
Formerly known as forevertufc
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Blimey I had no idea it could be that long. Thanks.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

TommyGunn wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 19:31 Blimey I had no idea it could be that long. Thanks.
Just be aware, that's if my understanding is correct.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

I was at the Tonbridge Angels game yesterday as well as the Taunton game on Tuesday. Without a doubt Torquay started the Tonbridge game very differently than on Tuesday night. They started with real purpose and energy. Even after going a goal down I felt confident that we could still win the game. Then came the second half where we visibly deflated after they scored again, and from then on there was only one team in it.

It’s a long journey home when you’ve lost 1 - 4………

I genuinely feel for the players, not knowing if they are going to get paid in a couple of weeks . Whether they’ll able to pay their car lease, mortgage / rent etc. utility bills. At the very least it will have a negative impact on their credit rating. Several have families to support and this must impact their ability to perform on the pitch.

Trying to make sense of one of the worst performances I’ve seen from Torquay on Tuesday ( and I’ve seen plenty), I wondered whether the team may have been told about the 10 point deduction and embargo prior to the Taunton game, before it was released to the press the following morning. This might in some way explain the disinterested and lacklustre performance that night.

However, what they need to recognise and fast, is if they want to attract other clubs, then they need to be at the top of their game, showing hunger, passion and commitment, if not for Torquay United, then for their own future security.

In the meantime I shall still be going to each match and suffering the pain that comes with being a Torquay United supporter.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

If you read Daves link. As I understand it players are top of the chain when it comes to getting paid.
The manager and Players become preferential creditors and receive a pay out in advance to that for unsecured trade creditors. This is the opposite to what normally happens.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wbw wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 22:43 Who on earth told you that?
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

TommyGunn wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 20:08 If you read Daves link. As I understand it players are top of the chain when it comes to getting paid.
The manager and Players become preferential creditors and receive a pay out in advance to that for unsecured trade creditors. This is the opposite to what normally happens.
If appointed, the Administrator has a period of 14 days in which to make employees redundant, after that they automatically take on board their contracts. Some players may well have a clause in their contract that entitles them to leave for nothing.
At the end of the day, the job of the Administrator, at least initially, is to save money to ensure the club has a future. There is little point to be gained in getting rid of volunteers or employees who have not drawn a wage.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I thought when you're in administration 9/10 all loanees go back to their clubs?., i.e. why have we got a full back/midfielder on loan when we already have players in those positions on the books?esp if they are costing us monies?
dagglebert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by dagglebert »

We are not yet in administration. When, as seems likely, we are the situation may change. But we don't know what the loan or financial arrangements are. Nelson went back almost staright away. Personally I'd be glad for Arkell-Boyd and WJD to stay as long as possible as they are two of our better players. I'd assume they aren't as worried about the situation as others as they have clubs to go to.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

dagglebert wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 09:38 We are not yet in administration. When, as seems likely, we are the situation may change. But we don't know what the loan or financial arrangements are. Nelson went back almost staright away. Personally I'd be glad for Arkell-Boyd and WJD to stay as long as possible as they are two of our better players. I'd assume they aren't as worried about the situation as others as they have clubs to go to.
Interesting that WJD hasn't started the last two games, though. Thought he had been pretty good since his return. I think Downes needed to make space for Dawson, and then when Collins was 'rested' (having played 3 games since christmas) brough in Lapslie, presumably to stiffen the midfield a bit. We can see how that panned out.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Important match tonight, Truro v Eastbourne (at Gloucester).

Given that Truro have the same points as us but 5 games in hand I think we want them to win.
If Eastbourne win they'd only be a point behind us.

Of course if we don't gain at least 6 and probably about 9 points, then there's not much point at looking as other results as we'd be very likely to go down.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

The Great Muta! wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 08:34 I thought when you're in administration 9/10 all loanees go back to their clubs?., i.e. why have we got a full back/midfielder on loan when we already have players in those positions on the books?esp if they are costing us monies?
Are they costing us money though? Some clubs will pay the full wages of a player out on loan as they want them to gain the experience of first team football, others will want the wages paid in full or part as they feel that they are doing another club a favour. Probably why Nelson went back and WJD and JAB have stayed on.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

By my (potentially questionable) maths, would it be today we head into administration?
The gulls are going up
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

A Notice of Intention to put the club into administration was served on 22nd February and a further NOI for another period of 10 business days was lodged on 7th March.
It's all gone very quiet.